**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emma Frost is a new level of nonsense unseen before.

I've seen the vids. I've asked around. The trick to uncollected is to bait the S1 and get used to the Kabam trickery of reversed controls. I get it. This seems straight forward.

Here's my problem: Emma Frost causes my device to freeze up and the timing of her s1 varies each time she throws it. With the level of stupid that you made in her node, there's no way to avoid death.

I finally did finish her but it basically emptied my stash.

Thank u for 20.0. I refuse to have to buy an Apple device to play a broken *** game that just seems to keep getting worse and worse.

It's bugged.

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It will just take time to get use to her specials I personally spent 10 revives just learning her move set as I didn’t want to replay all of the chapter again. My goal is to be able to solo her before the month is over. This is a good challenge much higher learning curve for this fight than anything we’ve seen in the past tho. I reccomend you practice against her on heroic before taking on uncollected.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Also remember ice phoenix she was straight bs this is just straight up strategy
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    While I appreciate that she has a learning curve, and that you need to pay severe attention to where her powerbar is at all times, I don't appreciate what happened to me just now, twice no less.

In both cases, she had switched out of diamond, pulled her special, which I managed to evade and I went in to pop her a few. Mid-combo, in both fights, the 'KO' pops onto the screen while my fist is still firmly planted on her face and my healh is nowhere near zero yet. Third fight, no worries, finished her off.

About to do it again, checked thrice that this isn't in her description or the nodes, and it isn't. No sudden death noted in there. Hope it was just my device. Hope it was a one-off... or twice in this case.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    I had no issue fully exploring uncollected...
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I spent 3 team revives the first time, and didn't spend another unit on attempts 2-6. but yeah, only way i died was to lag spikes. She was causing more than usual so I'm with you here.
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    @Bapoi actually this happened to me as well. Dropped dead mid-combo one of the first couple of times I fought her. Couldn’t figure it out either. I figured it was some ability or node interaction. It only happened once. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but after reading your post maybe it’s an issue. I’ll go back a read abilities and node description again.
    Sman74 wrote: »
    @Bapoi actually this happened to me as well. Dropped dead mid-combo one of the first couple of times I fought her. Couldn’t figure it out either. I figured it was some ability or node interaction. It only happened once. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but after reading your post maybe it’s an issue. I’ll go back a read abilities and node description again.

Already found out what it was. And I fell horrendously stupid now as well....
    If you miss her L1, she places a powersting. If you then start a special (which apparently I did the first two times, though I can't remember trying for it mid-combo), you get a severe punishment.
    Normally it would not kill. But given her nodes, you basically one-shot yourself.

So bashing her is fine when that happens, just don't try a special. Stupid on my part.. Live and learn.

Found out when in the last Master run, I had her bleeding, but missed L1 with AA. Then tried to L1 her... which went south HARD haha.
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Yep saw that as well. No worries, just takes a bit to get used to the new character abilities.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Why don't people fight her on heroic and master first before they go diving right into uncollected and getting wrecked
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Bapoi wrote: »
    While I appreciate that she has a learning curve, and that you need to pay severe attention to where her powerbar is at all times, I don't appreciate what happened to me just now, twice no less.

In both cases, she had switched out of diamond, pulled her special, which I managed to evade and I went in to pop her a few. Mid-combo, in both fights, the 'KO' pops onto the screen while my fist is still firmly planted on her face and my healh is nowhere near zero yet. Third fight, no worries, finished her off.

About to do it again, checked thrice that this isn't in her description or the nodes, and it isn't. No sudden death noted in there. Hope it was just my device. Hope it was a one-off... or twice in this case.

I'm guessing you got clipped by the L1 and didn't realize it has power sting. Did that a few times before figuring it out. I was like "what's that debuff mean? Guess I'll try this special. Oh **** I'm dead??"
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    You can do heroic and master first, that’s all well and good and a smart choice, but a big problem OP has is the lag. Both Emma and Omega are causing a lot of lag even at the start of the fight. All the crazy animations of new characters and background animations, and increasing AI speed and altered frame rates, are causing the specials to be choppy and mistimed. These are also the driving factors behind the overheating and crashing. It’s Kabam trying to make content harder, but not doing it right. And instead of scaling it back to support performance they are continually trying to patch it here and there. Adding crazy new champs with a lot of wacky animations just enhances the problems.
    Bapoi wrote: »

I'm guessing you got clipped by the L1 and didn't realize it has power sting. Did that a few times before figuring it out. I was like "what's that debuff mean? Guess I'll try this special. Oh **** I'm dead??"

Precisely that hahaha. Problem was that the first two times I must have in such a moment, that I never realised I hit the special. Third time was very deliberate and then it clicked... hahaha
    You can do heroic and master first, that’s all well and good and a smart choice, but a big problem OP has is the lag. Both Emma and Omega are causing a lot of lag even at the start of the fight. All the crazy animations of new characters and background animations, and increasing AI speed and altered frame rates, are causing the specials to be choppy and mistimed. These are also the driving factors behind the overheating and crashing. It’s Kabam trying to make content harder, but not doing it right. And instead of scaling it back to support performance they are continually trying to patch it here and there. Adding crazy new champs with a lot of wacky animations just enhances the problems.

You are absolutely right. I have been using an older iPad along the regular one.
    iPad Air and iPad Air 2. On the newer one, I have zero to occasionally lag in fights. On the older one though, the graphics do act up whenever an animation heavy special is triggered by whomever.

A good option in the settings would be to lower resolution I think, if only so that people can more or less manage their experience by choosing performance over glittery bits. Not ideal, but would help those with lesser and/or older devices.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    it's very similar to yellow jacket sting, but with his enhanced 300 fury, it's an instakill
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    I think he's saying that the lag is messing up his timing

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't understand that's what he was referring to.

Yeah, lag is a B. Lol.
  • You have to try and bait L1 and heavies, it’s the easiest way. L2 is bugged for sure, sometimes it’s regular speed and can evade it, other times it’s instant and no way of evading anything.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    wait to see her on sp1 mini, so she could stay in diamond form most of the fight
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    nope she is easy as pie with juggernaut
  • CYBERBEASTCYBERBEAST Posts: 21
    So many Kabam defenders. He is saying that kabam is tailoring towards specific devices and they are improving their money grab with every update.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Are Frosts sps energy based, if so I am thinking of taking in my bishop.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Just thought I would jump in the lag isn’t only on Android I can’t even do uncollected because the lag is so horrendous
    AGAIN..... it seems relevant.

It was designed for you to lose......over and over and over again.....GIVE US MONEY they chant.....Spend money to get units, use the units to get pots and revives.....GIVE US MONEY...the chants continue.....the coins keep making that clinking sound....the deposits keep mounting up. Here are more new champs, harder to beat....lets hold back on giving out resources....make them spend......GIVE US MONEY....the chants grow louder...but who, who is chanting....well i will never say that.....BEWARE the ban. Beware the power of the admin. Beware......you've been........KABAM..............................ED!!!!!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    CYBERBEAST wrote: »
    AGAIN..... it seems relevant.

It was designed for you to lose......over and over and over again.....GIVE US MONEY they chant.....Spend money to get units, use the units to get pots and revives.....GIVE US MONEY...the chants continue.....the coins keep making that clinking sound....the deposits keep mounting up. Here are more new champs, harder to beat....lets hold back on giving out resources....make them spend......GIVE US MONEY....the chants grow louder...but who, who is chanting....well i will never say that.....BEWARE the ban. Beware the power of the admin. Beware......you've been........KABAM..............................ED!!!!!

So what you are saying Kabam is a for profit company that relies on revenue to continue running? I believe you are also saying that content gets harder as the game evolves the longer it runs.
    Wow, I cant believe you stumbled across this plan.
    I also got in trouble for posting this post. Which is funny because it is just truth speak and no really negative, We all know this, we all know how it works, and we continue to play so.....fair game. I see the prison bars coming.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    CYBERBEAST wrote: »
    I also got in trouble for posting this post. Which is funny because it is just truth speak and no really negative, We all know this, we all know how it works, and we continue to play so.....fair game. I see the prison bars coming.

You probably need the bars. Its where conspiracy theorists need to stay to prevent absurd misinformation from spreading.
    Well, considering it didn't add anything to the topic of Emma Frost.. I sort of understand the warning to be honest.

I don't think she is all manner of nonsense. She is however a newer champ that is easier to fight on a newer device that can handle graphics well.

I have been doing Master mostly so far, which went perfectly fine when on an iPad Air 2, but playing on a slightly older iPad Air, I would need on average multiple champs to take her down, because of lag. Not so much from her perse, but the overall environment I was fighting her in.

In Uncollected it became more apparent that there is a definite difference, because (stupidly) I wasted my entire team on her on the older iPad and used a team revive. Switching to the newer iPad removed the lag from the map, making it so much easier to fight (still no fun if you miss the first evade and get one-kicked).

Emma as she is, while a nasty champ to get used to in this quest specifically, will be a great addition to the game though. I'm more than sure she will be cursed to death in wars, but she won't be as bad asa she is here (with the insane attack she has). Emma is fine. It's the non-existence of the option to turn off background animation and the like that makes it harder to fight on devices that didn't come out of the factory in the last year.

I've learned my lesson (at the cost of a team revive) that newer devices work better. Tomorrow I'm doing the completion run, will fight her at least once from the phone, if only to see the difference if that goes even smoother.

It's a tough fight, but the device makes a lot of difference. And as stated higher up, it's definitely not just on Android that lag occurs. But in my opinion, a lot of the lag comes from the actual backgrounds and the animations in them. Those have plagued me in the past, they have started plaguing me again. Unfortunately. Now I need to switch devices depending on what I'm doing, instead of battery levels..
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I think this may be the month I actually retire or at least step back from competitive play. Maybe time to focus on LoL, which seems to be far easier than this month's uncollected bosses.

It really angers me how they've made them, blade, AA, magik proof too.
  • shtorkshtork Posts: 15
    edited September 2018
    I am done with this stupid game. 2 years ago it was fun, interactive and skill based game. Now its all about money grabbing from players. First they started adding worthless champs with % chance for an ability/buff to happen (everyone knows that 70% chance for stun or powerdrain wont happen when you needed most). Then added champs that dont make buffs, but now have an abilities that you cant nullify (like Sabertooths regen). Now they nerfed down Mystic Despersion and added Emma with this dumb inverted controlls. It was enough that she is immune to stuff, you actually had to ruin the game with inverted stupidity. Next step will be adding jumps and flipping screens upside down. And I know that you can rank Unstoppable colossus, Jager or Magneto, but every smart person knows those champs are plain cr ap and are not worth wasting resources on. Nothing in this game is skill based or fair anymore. Some shoot sp2 on Starlord 10 times and get 7 powerdrains, I'd be lucky if I get 2.
    And btw: writing novels about champions abilities is just dumb, noone wants to read it, we just want to play. Info should be short, precise and on point (like on original spiderman: increase ability accuracy, decrease enemy attack, armorbreak).
    2015-2016 years were the games best time. So long...
    Shtork