**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam please read your own announcements before commenting

@Kabam Lyra you keep telling us that md will be available to rank up on 9/11 and that we should read the announcement. But the announcement says, it will be available to test out as of 9/5. This supposed to be the time that we try it out so we can decide if we would like to re purchase it after the 9/11 cutoff. Please re read through the announcement and explain why people that have already unlocked and purchased md can not unlock it at this point.

Comments

• Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Because they said it would be locked August 31st and unlocked september 11th. The September 5th date is when the new version goes live and if you werent foolish enough to reset your masteries after August 31st you get to try the new version.
    As once you reset your masteries you have to rebuy all your masteries hence they cost units and gold again and arent free
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Look I'm one to read directions and instructions pretty closely and I didn't get that at all. I thought on the 5th to 10th we were free to tinker with levels of MD to try it out, then on the 11th it was set. But as long as I don't have to buy cores again, a few days isn't going to kill anything
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Actually, it's pretty clear. They're going to lock it and take a snapshot.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    But they arent purchased levels once you reset your masteries as you once again have to spend resources to purchase those levels again. And there is only 1 line in the entire announcement that states when you may purchase levels again and thats the very last sentence.
    If you sell say a game and then decide you want to play thay game again. Thus go and rebuy the game does that not count as buying a new game?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Yeah. But ther didt say we culdt put point back in to it
  • Options
    Gamer wrote: »

If it's locked, then obviously.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    But they arent purchased levels once you reset your masteries as you once again have to spend resources to purchase those levels again. And there is only 1 line in the entire announcement that states when you may purchase levels again and thats the very last sentence.
    If you sell say a game and then decide you want to play thay game again. Thus go and rebuy the game does that not count as buying a new game?

You have to draw a line somewhere and refund based on that. You can't keep track of people putting them in and taking it out if you're trying to refund something, and work on the Mastery.
  • Options
    Verzz wrote: »

Where does it say that it’s locked?

You literally just shared the SS with it highlighted.
  • Options
    ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    Verzz wrote: »

Where does it say that it’s locked?

in the ANNOUNCEMENTS there is even a picture here lol
  • Options
    RWW12RWW12 Posts: 38
    It’s says they’re going to lock the ability to “purchase any more levels of md.” It does not say it will lock our ability to use it if we’ve already purchased it. Purchasing a level of md is completely different from placing mastery points in it. The snapshot they take has nothing to do with whether you’re using it or not as they’ve said that the refund for mystic dispersion will be given to everyone, whether you’re using it or not.
  • Options
    The obvious question is how do you test it if you can't use it? Regardless of the interpretation of the announcement logic must be ised here. If you can't use it you can't test it. Simple as that.
  • Options
    When you put Points in, that's a purchase.
  • Options
    If we’re to test md out with the changes, shouldn’t we be allowed to test it at the different levels that we’ve already paid to unlock? I would like to see the difference between level 4 and 5 now since I’ve already paid for both. When they refund me for all 5 levels, I’d like to know if I should repurchase all 5 levels again or if I’m just wasting my resources.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom no, spending gold or units to add points to a mastery you have already paid to unlock isn’t the same thing. They’re going to refund the units or loyalty spent on the mastery cores that were used to unlock the mastery and it’s different levels, not the units spent to rank it up every time you took points out and put them back in. The snapshot they took was so they could identify who had spent cores on the mastery at that time and how many mystic cores you had in your inventory at that time as they’re not going to refund anything to anyone that buys mystic cores after that date. Even if I’m completely wrong about this, explain how you’re supposed to test the mastery at its different levels if you can’t make adjustments to it? Do you really believe this is working as intended?
  • Options
    tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Test MD at 1 level , I am sure support had the advantage of testing from level 1 to 5 MD. But members can only test at 1 level of MD in 6 days even if you have level MD level 1 to 5. What kind of test can you do if MD is locked on all the mystic champions you have. MD is active but unavailable for testing on different level for different champions.

I can see why this game as so many bugs. Wow . I want to say more how bad this is for members, but don't want to get banned (BS). I suppose members have to wait for test videos to see how bad or good MD is now at different level. I don't think i will add more than 1 point in MD now

sorry for members with 5 star rank 4 and 5 mystic champions

comments please
  • Options
    RWW12 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom no, spending gold or units to add points to a mastery you have already paid to unlock isn’t the same thing. They’re going to refund the units or loyalty spent on the mastery cores that were used to unlock the mastery and it’s different levels, not the units spent to rank it up every time you took points out and put them back in. The snapshot they took was so they could identify who had spent cores on the mastery at that time and how many mystic cores you had in your inventory at that time as they’re not going to refund anything to anyone that buys mystic cores after that date. Even if I’m completely wrong about this, explain how you’re supposed to test the mastery at its different levels if you can’t make adjustments to it? Do you really believe this is working as intended?

No, every Point you place is a purchase, technically. Recovery used to cost as well.
  • Options
    @Kabam Lyra you keep telling us that md will be available to rank up on 9/11 and that we should read the announcement. But the announcement says, it will be available to test out as of 9/5. This supposed to be the time that we try it out so we can decide if we would like to re purchase it after the 9/11 cutoff. Please re read through the announcement and explain why people that have already unlocked and purchased md can not unlock it at this point.

Hello,

The ability to purchase Mystic Dispersion was locked on August 31 and it cannot be purchased again until September 11. If you didn't have it on that date, unfortunately, you cannot participate in testing the changes.
  • Options
    @Kabam Lyra thank you for responding. So even if I have all 5 levels unlocked and already paid for, because I did not have points in it at the time it was locked I’m not able to test it? Are you saying that someone that has all 5 levels unlocked and had all 5 levels in use when it was locked can test this mastery out at levels 1-5 without being locked out if they reset the mastery?
  • Options
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

Hello,

The ability to purchase Mystic Dispersion was locked on August 31 and it cannot be purchased again until September 11. If you didn't have it on that date, unfortunately, you cannot participate in testing the changes.

So you are saying if you have MD at rank 5 , but was only using rank 1 you will not get a refund for purchasing rank 5 MD

Comment please
  • Options
    They’re going to refund you for everything you’ve unlocked as of 8/31.
  • Options
    And I can understand not letting people purchase any more mystic cores or not letting people use those codes to unlock higher levels of md, but I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let people that already have those things purchased test the new mastery.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    All levels unlocked will be refunded, but until then, you can only test the level you are currently using.
  • Options
    I have an r4 magik at sig 200 that gets put on defense every war. Typically before the war I will bring her up to lvl 5 md, place my defense and then reset my masteries without md. Are those players who had all 5 points in md when it was locked able to remove the 5 points and use them elsewhere during this time frame? Can they put some or all of their points back into md if they decide to? Or will they be locked out once they remove them? Thanks.
  • Options
    So MD is unavailable for members that have rank 5 , if they were using another rank of MD. Lots of members swap MD for different parts of the game. How can members test MD rank 5 in AW if you used different MD for Quest.

Not really a test.
This discussion has been closed.