**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Ajitmo wrote: »
    Is the fix live now to place points back In MD?

Yes the fix is live
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

That's my question above your post. It's not clear if we were supposed to leave the points there in order to test them before they remove all our points from MD and refund us mystic core purchase resources on the 11th, or if they were supposed to unlock the 99lvl requirement to play with MD before the 11th with the update today.

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

Such garbage. Do you even read what you guys post before hitting submit? I recovered points to try out the new dex and now can't test MD until I have to buy it again. How could you possibly think this is a good idea? What is the reasoning for this any way? What are you thinking?
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    However, if you have found a Mystic Core since Mystic Dispersion was locked, and you use it to Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, that core will not be refunded as it was acquired following August 31st.

So any Mystic Cores we might find today in the Mystic Daily Quest will not be refunded?

If you find them today, they won't be refunded, but you'll still have them UNLESS you spend them!

I thought your post said you are removing them from our inventory and refunding with loyalty for those? Is the loyalty conversion based on when you remove our cores from inventory or when you did the snapshot?
  • Options
    AFOMANAFOMAN Posts: 12
    @Crine60 only what was in your inventory and purchased before the aug 31st snapshot will be refunded
  • Options
    Rogers888Rogers888 Posts: 18
    Please still consider rank down tricked for those who has rank 5 and 4 mystic at least.
    There is really huge difference now.
  • Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    So back to the topic. Has anyone ran into a dorm yet in war? Wondering how md works now and if he's still a good defender.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    So back to the topic. Has anyone ran into a dorm yet in war? Wondering how md works now and if he's still a good defender.

Haven't seen a Dormammu on defense since the MD/dexterity nerf went live. I'm using my 4/55 Dormmamu on AW attack now, he's useful for node 29 on path 6. Dormammu and other mystics like Mephisto will still be useful for AW attack and questing, other like Juggernaut are now worthless. I'm curious to see how much data Kabam is able to pull post MD/dexterity nerf because many players have already stopped placing certain mystic defenders for good.

Really wish I didn't use the 5* generic awakening gem I got for LOL exploration on Dormammu 15 days before the beta testing was announced, his signature ability is close to useless outside of AW defense. It's damage is minimal when it doesn't have nodes to help it scale.
  • Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    Irohr wrote: »

I’ll be fighting a 4/55 tomorrow on top left mini

Let me know how that goes. I did 70 arena matches and no dorm yet lol.
  • Options
    xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.
  • Options
    WillWill Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    Question is did you knew that before you post the original POST. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra If yes, wouldn’t it make sense to include this crucial information.

Sorry doesn’t do anything in this case.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    Magiks L3 is not registering as a nullify so she doesn’t get fed power through md. Please fix asap. Just fought a medusa boss and almost timed out because of it.
    It more thah Medusa is bugge im had almost the same. Just Not nulfy but let me use a sp and she auto blok but only use 1 fury of it
  • Options

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    Here is a duel video with voodoo against Medusa that shows that when you use L2 to nullify the loas that it is not feeding MD. It also shows that when the furies fall off Medusa naturally it only feeds MD once. Is this intended?
    https://youtu.be/DnzdUq6cpaw
    Edit I am thinking this must have something to do with Medusa now

I think so. Others have posted about the same issue.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.

It is a good analogy, just wrongly applied. When you receive a gift, and you return it, you don't get the original tender back, nor would the person gifting it. You would get store credit for the purchase price, which in this case is loyalty.
  • Options
    djr17 wrote: »

It is a good analogy, just wrongly applied. When you receive a gift, and you return it, you don't get the original tender back, nor would the person gifting it. You would get store credit for the purchase price, which in this case is loyalty.

No it is not because this exchange is not being initiated by the consumer. This is much more like a manufacturer recalI in which case the reciever of the gift would be entitled to the refund. I understand that some may not be affected by this so they are choosing to play devil's advocate. My point is valid and I am awaiting a response from a Kabam representative on why they would single out those who participated in their gifting events to obtain their cores to recieve a different currency than what was used to purchase.
  • Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

No it is not because this exchange is not being initiated by the consumer. This is much more like a manufacturer recalI in which case the reciever of the gift would be entitled to the refund. I understand that some may not be affected by this so they are choosing to play devil's advocate. My point is valid and I am awaiting a response from a Kabam representative on why they would single out those who participated in their gifting events to obtain their cores to recieve a different currency than what was used to purchase.

Do you want the core purchaser or recipient to receive the refund?
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    CFree wrote: »

Do you want the core purchaser or recipient to receive the refund?

The person who recieved the core. The gifter would not be entilted to anything extra. Just like in real life if a manufacturer recalled a product. Regardless if gifted or not it was purchased with units and should be refunded the same way. Kabam encourages gifting with these events and is now puting those who participated at a disadvantage because i could have just bought them and would be recieving the unit refund as proper.

In all honesty it would be more ok with me if kabam had refunded everyone loyalty. There would be no issue. Kabam decided to refund based on how it was purchased. All i am asking that If they want to refund the way it was purchased, then actually refund how it was purchased.
  • Options

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.

It's not like giving free units at all. The person who gifted it paid units right. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the gifting events around Christmas but then tend to cause a gifting commerce. You usually gift on an equal basis. Someone had to pay units whether gifted or not. These items were paid for and they are now being recalled by the manufacturer. I know you may not be affected by this but it is a big deal. We could have just purchased the cores but kabam has an event that encourages gifting.

In no way should the function of gifting change the value of the item. The item was purchased with units
This discussion has been closed.