**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold situation

OK I know this has been mentioned a million times but the gold situation is getting really bad. Unless you grind arena 24/7 then you won't have enough gold for anything. Its really starting to annoy me. Why won't kabam give us some gold realms. Sod the halls of healing GIVE US GOLD REALMS!!!

Comments

• cypher26cypher26 Posts: 27
    edited September 2018
    And don't merge this thread with some other one to be lost forever.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    cypher26 wrote: »
    OK I know this has been mentioned a million times but the gold situation is getting really bad. Unless you grind arena 24/7 then you won't have enough gold for anything. Its really starting to annoy me. Why won't kabam give us some gold realms. Sod the halls of healing GIVE US GOLD REALMS!!!

Gold relms wont help. Everyone complained about the last one and the amount you got. Just be smart about ranking champs. Unless you plan on competing for number 1 rank in arena, you dont need to take 4*'s to r4/5 and 5*'s to rank 3.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Gold realms will help cause you can infinitely farm them for the chests, just that there hasn't been a gold realm since they first introduced them, there's just been halls of healing instead which you can only enter twice and therefore you don't get much out of them
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Make more, spend less, or both. You don’t have to do arena 24/7 but you do need to do some arena. Just doing the milestones in 2 or 3 of them a week goes a long way.
    Gold realms will help cause you can infinitely farm them for the chests, just that there hasn't been a gold realm since they first introduced them, there's just been halls of healing instead which you can only enter twice and therefore you don't get much out of them

There has been 3 times where Gold realms came about. Each one gave less and less gold. They aren't going to give you a permenate gold quest to farm gold infintely. That would defeat the purpose of resource management.
  • The resources are entirely out of touch with the current state of the game. The game doesn't encourage free to play nor does it encourage you to actually live in the real world and be a productive member of society.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

They aren't going to give you a permenate gold quest to farm gold infintely. That would defeat the purpose of resource management.

I'm fairly sure that's exactly what they did in December 2016, that's how people managed to farm 20mill+ gold

They aren't going to give you a permenate gold quest to farm gold infintely. That would defeat the purpose of resource management.

I'm fairly sure that's exactly what they did in December 2016, that's how people managed to farm 20mill+ gold

I think you need to look up what permenate and infinitely mean...

The first gold quest gave the most gold. I already stated there have been 3 times where Gold realms came about. You are correct in the first one gave tons and tons of gold but the 2nd was cut drastically and the 3rd a little bit more. They bring the quest around 3 or 4 times during the a week its available and then it's gone.
  • Saying spend less doesn’t help the issue. Isn’t the point of the game to rank up and enjoy your new champions? Obviously the ones saying spend less have never ranked up a 6 star. It costs so much iso and around 400-500k, with no way to farm gold but play constant arena, no thanks.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Just do a lot of AQ basically and save up. Hoard if you have to. The gold coming in from AQ alone should be enough to help you out.

If not, the BCs from AQ can be opened as Uncollected arena crystals and they give out lots of gold and units
    edited September 2018
    Saying spend less doesn’t help the issue. Isn’t the point of the game to rank up and enjoy your new champions? Obviously the ones saying spend less have never ranked up a 6 star. It costs so much iso and around 400-500k, with no way to farm gold but play constant arena, no thanks.

If you’re at a point where spending less isn’t an option, you need to do what it takes to make more. This is basic budgeting / resource management.
  • CromCrom Posts: 27
    I have 2 million, been playing for 6 months, hero's are leveled up, spent 6.99 so I could unlock ability.
  • Just do a lot of AQ basically and save up. Hoard if you have to. The gold coming in from AQ alone should be enough to help you out.

If not, the BCs from AQ can be opened as Uncollected arena crystals and they give out lots of gold and units

Problem is most resources from AQ, go right into the alliance donations. Sure you can make a little gold from it, but still not enough
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Saying spend less doesn’t help the issue. Isn’t the point of the game to rank up and enjoy your new champions? Obviously the ones saying spend less have never ranked up a 6 star. It costs so much iso and around 400-500k, with no way to farm gold but play constant arena, no thanks.

If only you didn't need rank up resources, everyone could rank up whomever they wanted. Strange how the point of the game is to rank up whomever you want, and yet there are barriers to doing that. It is almost as if ranking up whomever you want wasn't the whole point of the game. It is just like the idiots that created basketball. The whole point is to score baskets, and yet there are all these rules about dribbling. Without those rules, people would be able to score more baskets. It is almost like the people who make the rules for basketball don't even know what the point to basketball is.

Your obviously not understanding what im saying. I never said go crazy and it should be a free for all to rank everyone you desire. Im saying when it costs 500k to rank a 6 star, but we don’t get much gold in return, that’s called a bottleneck. It’s funny how all the yes men come out in defense, smh.
    How many 6 stars are you ranking? Seems to me that t2a and t5b are the greater bottleneck there.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If only you didn't need rank up resources, everyone could rank up whomever they wanted. Strange how the point of the game is to rank up whomever you want, and yet there are barriers to doing that. It is almost as if ranking up whomever you want wasn't the whole point of the game. It is just like the idiots that created basketball. The whole point is to score baskets, and yet there are all these rules about dribbling. Without those rules, people would be able to score more baskets. It is almost like the people who make the rules for basketball don't even know what the point to basketball is.

Your obviously not understanding what im saying. I never said go crazy and it should be a free for all to rank everyone you desire. Im saying when it costs 500k to rank a 6 star, but we don’t get much gold in return, that’s called a bottleneck. It’s funny how all the yes men come out in defense, smh.

It's funny how anytime someone disagrees they must be a Kabam apologist/yes man lol.
  • They should just get rid of gold entirely, it serves no purpose and honestly, how many different currencies does one game need?
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Alright. Arenas are tedious, but its guarenteed mass amounts of gold with the arena crystals. Esp uncollected. Its just gold and units. So to those that say " arena isnt worth it" look at the youtubers channels prof and bg have tons of gold and units...from grinding the arena! Its a grind i get it. But there is a way to fix your problem and if youre unwilling to do it you shouldnt be here complaining. Gold realms are a patch on a flat tire. Give a man a fish he eats oncr. Teach him to fish he ranks his new 6*s.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    pysjctj7vby5.png

the matches and time taken will vary depending on your roster.
    lesser roster will take more time and more matches.
    greater roster will take less matches and less time.

although more matches = longer time
    it also means more gold & battlechips.

NOT BAD FOR 3 HRS WORK
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Our masters at kabam want you to waste units/money on gold crystals to get more gold. I'd suggest doing what I've done join one of the many semi retired alliances that do map 2-3 and u will save loads of gold and loyalty
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Gold is just one of many resources that we all have problems with due to kabams tightness. At every level players face ridiculous brick walls to stop progression, iso, gold, alphas, basic and class cats. Why do we need why so many types of resources and why is it so complicated?? Ranking up should be one of the most fun parts of the game but kabam have made it such an effort. 3 years 8 months as a player on 5 hrs a day in week more at weekend and I have 1 maxed 5*, 4 rank 4s 14 rank 3s and 24 maxed 4*s , that's pathetic really considering my efforts overs all those years. Sort this kabam, big changes are needed regarding resources
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited September 2018

It’s ‘permanent’. Just to save you from looking it up.

You’re welcome. Have a lovely day.

It’s ‘permanent’. Just to save you from looking it up.

Your welcome. Have a lovely day.

Yup. My bad.
    Gold is just one of many resources that we all have problems with due to kabams tightness. At every level players face ridiculous brick walls to stop progression, iso, gold, alphas, basic and class cats. Why do we need why so many types of resources and why is it so complicated?? Ranking up should be one of the most fun parts of the game but kabam have made it such an effort. 3 years 8 months as a player on 5 hrs a day in week more at weekend and I have 1 maxed 5*, 4 rank 4s 14 rank 3s and 24 maxed 4*s , that's pathetic really considering my efforts overs all those years. Sort this kabam, big changes are needed regarding resources

So much wrong with this statement.
    We've been playing roughly the same time frame except I have about 3 extra months. I have 1 maxed 5*, 5 R4 5*'s, 3 R1 6*'s and 23 R5 4*'s. I don't play arena either except when I need alphas and T4B cats. Your "brick wall" on progression is on yourself. The game has everything you need to continue to grow as fast or as slow as you want. Need more gold? Grind arena or stop ranking every new 4* that you get and focus on the champs that you want to rank only. This game is very much like having a job in commission sales. If you want more money, you have to work harder and longer to get it. If you go home early for the day, you can't make extra money. If you aren't willing to do a little extra while at work, you can't make extra money.
    Kabam has done a great job at making resources more available than what they used to be. T1A's were difficult to come by but now they are everywhere. T2A's will be easier to get/form with the new AQ coming in a few days as well.
    Also the point is to be smart about your resources and manage them. The game was never about having a free for all getting and ranking every champ you get. They are a for profit company and they do need to make money to keep going but you can't blame them if you aren't going to do what it takes to get that little extra.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

By "yes men" do you mean the ones that have gold to rank champs when they need too and aren't complaining about not having enough gold?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    cypher26 wrote: »

Gold relms wont help. Everyone complained about the last one and the amount you got. Just be smart about ranking champs. Unless you plan on competing for number 1 rank in arena, you dont need to take 4*'s to r4/5 and 5*'s to rank 3.

This position makes little sense to me. Of course gold realms help. Anytime you can earn more in one sitting, then it will help your resource issue. This is true regardless of whether the amounts from realms have decreased.
This discussion has been closed.