**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why I would only open 1 battle group of aq ?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    If by mistake we didn’t open other BG’s, can we correct this. It’s our first time and like our mind our fingers too habitual of pressing next without seeing screen. As I said mistakes happen and we own it so if you guys can help to correct it and open all BG’s this time , we are glad , if not .... never mind we sit this one out
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Smash wrote: »
    Everyone keeps saying just restart it but that’s not fair to the people who already spent items in map 6. It’s easy to say just restart but consider others as well. There’s gotta be a better solution

Who used items in Map 6 in the first few minutes? I suggest removing them to a lower map lol

• Options
    STOPCRYINGSTOPCRYING Posts: 147
    muddy17 wrote: »
    i selected the option for 3 battle groups then selected difficulty then started quest... we are now locked in 1 battle group for alliance quest

Then don't blame Kabam should have asked another officer to do it sorry sounds like a personal problem.

I am thinking that all these messages that are complaining is cause one officer/leader rushed and didn't pay attention now they messed up for their whole alliance and they probably chose 1 bg and they are mad at Kabam for their own mistakes.
  • Options
    STOPCRYINGSTOPCRYING Posts: 147
    Ron_H wrote: »
    Treinin wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is user error, but interested to see if someone can actually produce photo or video evidence that there was a problem. A whole lot of vitriol towards the Kabam employee who is only trying to help when this is very likely not a bug at all but just a case of officers who didn't take the time to carefully navigate a new screen.

Cant provide photo or vid after AQ already started

Should have chosen correct option or asked if was not sure first before jumping and rushing in to start aq. I know you have to start right away sure but when something gets changed always have to pay more attention to details.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    Smash wrote: »
    Everyone keeps saying just restart it but that’s not fair to the people who already spent items in map 6. It’s easy to say just restart but consider others as well. There’s gotta be a better solution

Who used items in Map 6 in the first few minutes? I suggest removing them to a lower map lol

Look at the timing of comments before asking that question. Hours have passed by now. I personally haven’t used any items but a couple of my ally mates have because of the horrible lags going on. People can even use items in the “first few minutes” with all the current lags going on if their first fight goes wrong.
  • Options
    Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    STOPCRYING wrote: »
    Treinin wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is user error, but interested to see if someone can actually produce photo or video evidence that there was a problem. A whole lot of vitriol towards the Kabam employee who is only trying to help when this is very likely not a bug at all but just a case of officers who didn't take the time to carefully navigate a new screen.

Cant provide photo or vid after AQ already started

Should have chosen correct option or asked if was not sure first before jumping and rushing in to start aq. I know you have to start right away sure but when something gets changed always have to pay more attention to details.

I hope all you trolls who insist it was user error get to eat some crow next round. There’s no way clicking on the 3 bg option before continuing should result in 1 bg being started. It’s a bug that affected some & not others, plain & simple.. if you believe otherwise then by all means, apply for a job with kabam.
  • Options
    And just for a reference.. this obviously didn’t affect everyone even though we all click the same thing to donate. 1st thought from people not affected is always the same.. 0vdbryah8sp6.png
  • Options
    Whoa Guys, chill. It's a game. Miike, we had the option for three battle groups, the screen you showed is what we were given to start the AQ but others are saying that they were not even given the option. So, it's both scenarios - with option but still only gave one big and no option at all. Yih have to admit, though, it's a very frustrating CONTINUOUS problem with a game that we are now over three years invested in. When is this going to stop? Countless hours and for some money that feels wasted when every time Kabam fiddles with the game play it just screws everything up. This on top of trust issues within the player community because of all the NERFing, price gauging and impossibly ridiculous cost of higher tiered Champions, health, upgrades etc. Its a PR problem at this point as well as incompetent coding/safeguards. Good luck with the fix.
  • Options
    Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    I am still trying to figure out why would you change this. What part of this will improve the game
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Whoa Guys, chill. It's a game. Miike, we had the option for three battle groups, the screen you showed is what we were given to start the AQ but others are saying that they were not even given the option. So, it's both scenarios - with option but still only gave one big and no option at all. Yih have to admit, though, it's a very frustrating CONTINUOUS problem with a game that we are now over three years invested in. When is this going to stop? Countless hours and for some money that feels wasted when every time Kabam fiddles with the game play it just screws everything up. This on top of trust issues within the player community because of all the NERFing, price gauging and impossibly ridiculous cost of higher tiered Champions, health, upgrades etc. Its a PR problem at this point as well as incompetent coding/safeguards. Good luck with the fix.

Woah man.. Chill. It's not like they wanted to have an issue with this.
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    @Kabam Miike

Previously in Alliance Quest it would default to 3 Battle groups and map 2. We simply changed it to map five or six and started the quest.

Since the release of the new alliance Quest it defaulted to one battle group and map 2. We switched it over to map 5, but we were unable to change the number of battle groups.

we started the alliance Quest assuming that we would be able to add additional battle groups in once it had started. We were unable to add any additional battle groups.

the email indicating the changes to the new alliance Quest was received by all of us after we started the alliance Quest. The email seem to indicate that we should have been able to select the number of battle groups as we were starting the alliance Quest. Seems that feature set may be arbitrarily broken for some users.
  • Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Wiredawg1 wrote: »
    Why would you even give the option of not being able to run 3bgs like before....you would think such a big change to a key part of game you make sure you would explain it in depth or even make a video so people know what to do

Because having options is better. That’s the first reason that jumps out at me. And you could have read about it if you chose to do so. Apparently you didn’t.
  • Options
    Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    CFree wrote: »
    Why would you even give the option of not being able to run 3bgs like before....you would think such a big change to a key part of game you make sure you would explain it in depth or even make a video so people know what to do

Because having options is better. That’s the first reason that jumps out at me. And you could have read about it if you chose to do so. Apparently you didn’t.

A useless option that nobody wanted or asked for.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Dezz_1 wrote: »

Not true at all.
  • Options
    Dezz_1 wrote: »

Or that we used yesterday to run one group of map 6 and two rooms of map 5. So we’ve got that going for us.
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I just dont get why some of the guys that say they couldn't select 2 or 3 groups, still continued through steps 2-5 knowing step 1 was not allowing them to select the correct number of battlegroups.
    Why did they not cancel and let another officer try or restart the app?
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    I just dont get why some of the guys that say they couldn't select 2 or 3 groups, still continued through steps 2-5 knowing step 1 was not allowing them to select the correct number of battlegroups

No what happened to most people is that they selected 3 groups and it didn't work and gave them 1, at least that's what they're saying

no its not what they are saying, some are saying that, others are saying they did not get the choice at the start.
    no matter what they are saying any way I think its to cover up error human error because stories are inconsistent and give different accounts
  • Options
    I just dont get why some of the guys that say they couldn't select 2 or 3 groups, still continued through steps 2-5 knowing step 1 was not allowing them to select the correct number of battlegroups

No what happened to most people is that they selected 3 groups and it didn't work and gave them 1, at least that's what they're saying

no its not what they are saying, some are saying that, others are saying they did not get the choice at the start.
    no matter what they are saying any way I think its to cover up error human error because stories are inconsistent and give different accounts

Possibly. User error is a possibility as well. There’s probably an entire range of valid responses. Document it as best you can and they can fix so others won’t have to experience the same thing.

From my perspective, it makes little sense to complain about the option itself. As many have noted, it provides flexibility for almost everyone and it’s hard to find a downside.
  • Options

Possibly. User error is a possibility as well. There’s probably an entire range of valid responses. Document it as best you can and they can fix so others won’t have to experience the same thing.

From my perspective, it makes little sense to complain about the option itself. As many have noted, it provides flexibility for almost everyone and it’s hard to find a downside.

I agree that I like the flexibility it gives but we were one of the groups affected. I started our aq & was well aware of the changes so I took my time before continuing. Selected 3 bg’s & got 1 in return. Not saying you, but it baffles me how many that think the only possibility is user error. It’s exactly how the donation glitch went. We all donate the same way but some members donations stuck & others didn’t. This is no different & just like that, many are ignorant to the fact that not all bugs affect everyone equally.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Vincew80 wrote: »

I agree that I like the flexibility it gives but we were one of the groups affected. I started our aq & was well aware of the changes so I took my time before continuing. Selected 3 bg’s & got 1 in return. Not saying you, but it baffles me how many that think the only possibility is user error. It’s exactly how the donation glitch went. We all donate the same way but some members donations stuck & others didn’t. This is no different & just like that, many are ignorant to the fact that not all bugs affect everyone equally.

User error happens all the time (although I’m not saying it necessarily was the cause of your issues). My point was to document fully so Kabam has something to review and investigate. Details about battle groups, tiers, phone, version, etc all help more than some other posts that just start spewing venom.
  • Options
    SalathrosSalathros Posts: 42
    Can't be Human Error, way too many Alliance have had same issues. I followed the highlighted areas had no options , only gave us 1 group, the rest of war able to choose 3 group
  • Options
    Azzzm0Azzzm0 Posts: 13
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    Can you guys give me some more information? I am seeing two different things in here. Did you get the option to choose 3 Battlegroups and then, after selecting them, it did not open them? On the Confirmation screen, did it only show 1 Battlegroup before you pushed the Start button?

i did saw 3 groups as on your screenshot.. however pushing on 3 did nothing..it didnt light up or anything. After clicking on 3 and then next etc etc it still only opend up 1 bg

Exactly what happened to me.

This happened to me too last night.
    We have been playing 2 groups (maps 3/3) and now I chose 3 groups, maps 3/3/2.
    We ended up with only 1 battlegroup (map2)..