**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Results From 5* Cinematic Crystal Community Poll (Gwenpool Event)

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I wanted to get around to posting this sooner but I'm just getting to it now. We received a total of 683 votes between both threads which might be a new forum record for participation in a poll. Thank you to everyone who helped spread the word to alliance mates and friends! I will link both of the threads that I got my numbers from below.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/90890/community-poll-who-did-you-pull-from-your-5-cinematic-crystal-part-1/p1

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/90891/community-poll-who-did-you-pull-from-your-5-cinematic-crystal-part-2/p1

Lets get to those numbers. I will report these as percentages of the total (683).

Iron Man (37 votes): 5.42%

Hulk (33 votes): 4.83%

Captain America (30 votes): 4.39%

Hawkeye (33 votes): 4.83%

Iron Patriot (55 votes): 8.05%

Loki (31 votes): 4.54%

Winter Soldier (30 votes): 4.39%

Star-Lord (33 votes): 4.83%

Ultron (41 votes): 6.00%

Yellow Jacket (28 votes): 4.10%

Black Panther (Civil War) (28 votes): 4.10%

Mordo (31 votes): 4.54%

Yondu (40 votes): 5.86%

Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) (56 votes): 8.20%

Thor (Ragnarok) (28 votes): 4.10%

Killmonger (39 votes): 5.71%

Iron Man (Infinity War) (55 votes): 8.05%

Wasp (55 votes): 8.05%

This is just a very small portion of all the 5* cinematic crystals opened, but I think it is a good representation of the actual results (only Kabam knows those though). I was surprised that the results were so close. It is a good conformation for all those that still doubt all champs have the same drop rate. Based on this poll it even shows that our "favorite" champs actually dropped more than some of the others (all except IP... gotta love that guy). Guess we can consider the myth that worse champs have better drop rates BUSTED. Thanks again to all who participated!

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    To be fair, most people who come to the forums come to complain or brag
    But I still admire what you've done, I'll just keep believing that all the drop rates are equal if that's alright by you
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    But I still admire what you've done, I'll just keep believing that all the drop rates are equal if that's alright by you

Hmmm... I might not have made myself clear. I was not advocating that different champs have different drop rates. Thanks for pointing that out. I have edited the post for clarity.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I didn't have any doubt that there would be a pretty even distribution, but it's always nice to see actual data. Thanks for compiling this.

This is a lot like product reviews. The people who are most likely to give a review are the ones that really love the product or those that really hate it. In this case, you've got those who pulled the "meme champ" Iron Patriot coming out in force as well as those who pulled the most desirable champs (IMIW, Wasp, Stark Spidey) who are sharing their excitement with the community. I'd be willing to wager the overall distribution is even more balanced than this, but it's fun to see human nature reflected in polls like this.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »

Hmmm... I might not have made myself clear. I was not advocating that different champs have different drop rates. Thanks for pointing that out. I have edited the post for clarity.

Oooh got you now haha makes sense
    When I saw it I thought back and was pretty sure that you wanted to prove that it was somewhat equal, so I got confused but thanks for clearing it up!
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I got yellow jacket on my second account wasn't bad for my third 5 star before act 4 completion but yo does anyone want to swap for sparky kill imiw or wasp? lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I didn't have any doubt that there would be a pretty even distribution, but it's always nice to see actual data. Thanks for compiling this.

This is a lot like product reviews. The people who are most likely to give a review are the ones that really love the product or those that really hate it. In this case, you've got those who pulled the "meme champ" Iron Patriot coming out in force as well as those who pulled the most desirable champs (IMIW, Wasp, Stark Spidey) who are sharing their excitement with the community. I'd be willing to wager the overall distribution is even more balanced than this, but it's fun to see human nature reflected in polls like this.

That's a good point, and one I thought about when I was compiling the data but I don't think there's any realistic way to get around the customer satisfaction aspect of the poll. Either way, the distribution of data isn't too exaggerated even taking this into account.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    obviously people really happy with their pulls or really unhappy were most likely to care about voting, which is why we have the worst and best champs at around 8% pull rate and everything else in 4-5% range