**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank down tickets in store

First of all, this is not meant to be getting negative. I’m going to express my opinions, and I would love to see your opinions too.

With all of the requests we have had on the forums for rank down tickets, it’s pretty obvious that the community want these, for pretty fair reasons too. I understand that you guys at Kabam feel that these are very strong and fear that you would flood the game with these if introduced, and so am going to try to offer a different viewpoint.

I feel that there are three main reasons for using rank down tickets, but if you guys feel there are others please do not hesitate to mention them.

1) Mistakes- These are obviously the weakest arguments, but they still hold ground. In the beginning of the game it is very easy to rank up a weak champion because you are unaware of others that are stronger.

2)Power creep- There is no arguing that, In general, the newer champions often have unique utility or abilities (like Wasp’s quantum evade or Iceman’s triple immunity). This would not make it easier for the player base to get stronger champions, but would make it easier for players who do get these outclassing champions like IMIW, Domino, Corvus etc. to rank them up.

3) Reacting- this would make it easier for the player base to deal with changes to AW, AQ and the way the game functions (Drax’s double hits no longer bypassing Mordo for example), allowing larger scale changes to be more palatable than they are currently.

I feel there is also a benefit to Kabam in offering these, as they could definitely cause players like myself who otherwise spend very infrequently to purchase a little more every now and then to get a RD ticket. You could offer them for maybe 300-800 units for a 4*, and around 700-1300 for a 5* (but have them unusable on rank 5 5*s) very fairly which would reduce demands for gifts of tickets, without swamping the market.

Those are my thoughts, and I would love to know your views on this

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Yeah never gonna happen, so thanks for posting but please stop asking for rank down tickets.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    OP, you will get lots of folks telling you to stop asking for Rank Down tickets. It's true, there is never any movement on these posts, but I will say that I agree with your logic. My biggest consideration, which I posted about previously in one of the other threads for this topic, is the reaction logic you point out. We can adjust our Mastery to changing game dynamics and modes, and we can recall those at any given point (while still being charged the cost to reapply the Masteries). Tickets used the way you describe would function in a similar, though much more limited (and rightly so) way: you could adjust a champ here or there if you have a different champ that would better benefit from those resources you already acquired previously. By returning only the catalysts, for instance, then you would be charged new costs for the gold and iso, just like you are charged gold or units to reapply your Masteries.

While Kabam will never do anything about this, and most others on the forum will just tell you not to bother, I applaud you sharing your well-thought-out logic here and giving Kabam yet one more chance to hear a reasonable argument from another Summoner about why this could be done in a controlled way.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I actually like this idea. It would be nice if they would implement a way you can recover used catalysts for new rank ups I mean they are limited and taking 1 down too bring another up it's not like u would have an unfair advantage or overly stacked roster from this.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Great, no originality here. Nothing to worry about this post.

Yes @Webby72. Dont pay attention to this guy offending you. It is ok. I do not see anything wrong with a suggestion. We all summoners have freedom of speech!!!

Not
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    I vote NO on RDT. Just using my freedom of speech
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Personally I would love rankdown tickets simply to make adjustments but totally understand the argument against them. But really we just need rank up items to be a bit more available making rank down tickets unnecessary. As time goes on, these things WILL become more available I’m just impatient 😂
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Another one... :|
  • In my opinion i dont understand why kabam or especially players are so opposed to rank down tickets. There is nothing wrong with having greater roster flexibility and even if you're a player that doesnt need them, then if they are added to the game simply don't buy them...

Look at my situation:
    Rank 5 5* medusa
    R5 5* sparky
    R4 5* blade
    R4 5* iceman
    R4 5* ghost rider
    R4 5* yellowjacket

Who do you think i want to rank down?
    Yellowjacket.
    He was my first r4 5*, mainly because he was naturally duped and I had no other options at the time. It wasn't a bad decision. I'd like to recieve just 1 ticket to rank him down so i can bring up a champion that will help me more. Is there anything wrong with that? Rank down tickets aren't illegal drugs. It makes sense that they would be a purchasable item in the game.
    The only reason i see as an argument against them is that they would give players too much roster flexibility, which could be fixed with purchase cooldowns or a sizeable cost in units.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    In my opinion i dont understand why kabam or especially players are so opposed to rank down tickets. There is nothing wrong with having greater roster flexibility and even if you're a player that doesnt need them, then if they are added to the game simply don't buy them...

Look at my situation:
    Rank 5 5* medusa
    R5 5* sparky
    R4 5* blade
    R4 5* iceman
    R4 5* ghost rider
    R4 5* yellowjacket

Who do you think i want to rank down?
    Yellowjacket.
    He was my first r4 5*, mainly because he was naturally duped and I had no other options at the time. It wasn't a bad decision. I'd like to recieve just 1 ticket to rank him down so i can bring up a champion that will help me more. Is there anything wrong with that? Rank down tickets aren't illegal drugs. It makes sense that they would be a purchasable item in the game.
    The only reason i see as an argument against them is that they would give players too much roster flexibility, which could be fixed with purchase cooldowns or a sizeable cost in units.

They also arent for re-using earned resources on a whim.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    They should be added to the store. Charge 2000 units for each one and then lets see how many people whine about that.
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    I just lost my job...I just used my last rank down ticket on myself. Lol.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Rank down tickets should never be in the store. Rank up mistakes are part of the game, they’re supposed to be important decisions and you’re supposed to think about them carefully. They should only ever be issued in extreme circumstances, such as a big change to a character, they should also be character/class specific so you don’t just use it on someone else who hasn’t been changed at all. If these were in the store the impact that would have on the game as a whole would be huge, and not in a good way. In this particular situation with the MD changes I can understand a couple of mystic rank down tickets, but it wouldn’t bother me one bit if they didn’t give them and yes I use mystics on defence with 5/5 MD. The reason it wouldn’t bother me is because the game changes over time, always has, always will. It’s about expanding your roster and adapting as the game progresses. We’ve all had plenty of use out of our mystic defenders, it was hardly a waste to rank them up and almost all of them are still very useful offensively. Unless it was a recent rank up, but the changes were announced a good few weeks ago.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

Rank down tickets should never be in the store. Rank up mistakes are part of the game, they’re supposed to be important decisions and you’re supposed to think about them carefully. They should only ever be issued in extreme circumstances, such as a big change to a character, they should also be character/class specific so you don’t just use it on someone else who hasn’t been changed at all. If these were in the store the impact that would have on the game as a whole would be huge, and not in a good way. In this particular situation with the MD changes I can understand a couple of mystic rank down tickets, but it wouldn’t bother me one bit if they didn’t give them and yes I use mystics on defence with 5/5 MD. The reason it wouldn’t bother me is because the game changes over time, always has, always will. It’s about expanding your roster and adapting as the game progresses. We’ve all had plenty of use out of our mystic defenders, it was hardly a waste to rank them up and almost all of them are still very useful offensively. Unless it was a recent rank up, but the changes were announced a good few weeks ago.

Sure, ranking up is an important decision but so is spending a large amount of units that could be used for potions on a rank down ticket. Is reclaiming the resources worth all those units? If you don't need the tickets, don't buy them.
    Plus, this is a mobile game. It's not like your decisions in this are important to your life anyway.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Tbh with the rate the game changes I think 1 annual rdt is pretty reasonable which is what kabam has given out essentially over the last 2 years 1 for each 12 months of game play which i think is perfectly adequate for the rate at which the game progresses so I’d say sav any complaining about rdt till Christmas time and see if they are handed out again. Come next year I’d say it’ll be fair to start complaining about the lost resources on your outdated champion. The other option would be for kabam to start adding 1 new champ per month instead of 2 and start buffing old champs to make them more relevant. I would personally like to see old champs brought up to a relevant speed than have to rank down champs because the are irrelevant.

Sure, ranking up is an important decision but so is spending a large amount of units that could be used for potions on a rank down ticket. Is reclaiming the resources worth all those units? If you don't need the tickets, don't buy them.
    Plus, this is a mobile game. It's not like your decisions in this are important to your life anyway.

But you shouldn't need the ticket if you are making good choices either right?
  • My vote is for RDTs. The only thing you get back is the catalyst, you still lost out on gold and iso and if the ticket cost units, glory, or loyalty then it’s not like people are going to do this on a wimb without regard to the sunk cost. Why hold back players from progessing their roster? Heck make it only for rank 4 5* and above or max 4*s as the option.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★

Some didn't really have good choices. One of my r4 choices was over expiring t2ac a month before they upped the amount you're able to hold at lvl60. RDT would be much appreciated
    geoff78 wrote: »

Some didn't really have good choices. One of my r4 choices was over expiring t2ac a month before they upped the amount you're able to hold at lvl60. RDT would be much appreciated

So the champ you ranked is 100% useless? You don't use them period at all ever or can't use them at all ever?
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Rank down tickets should be a part of the game.

How about making rank down ticket shards. Everytime you finish uncollected you get 6,000 rank down ticket shards. Meaning in one year you can collect 2. This rank down tickets wont be generic and just a random ticket like a T4cc. Also this rank dow ticket will only work for 4/55 champs.

How does this affect the game in any way, in fact it will make the player base very happy!!!
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    edited September 2018
    I would prefer they implemented more ways of getting higher material to rank others up. But if not that then at least some sort of rank down system.

Let's not get too crazy on the price or period at which you could obtain a rdt.
    I was thinking more along the lines of adding it to the daily log in system rewards.
    For every full month you log in you get a credit or shard of some sort. After getting 4 you can rank down a 4*. After 5 you can rank down a 5*. Once you use it starts back to zero.
    They could also put an expiration timer of 1 month on them so no one hordes and changes their entire roster. Won't have a major impact on the game.
  • Rank down tickets should be available as there are new champs coming out a lot lately . I have 5*’s I want to rank up but can’t because I have a maxed 4*, so I’m basically wasting items. I’m not saying give a whole lot . But 3 or 5 of each * would be sufficient . I have champs in 4* who are of no use to me anymore . And 5* who I’d love to rank up .
  • I want to quickly thank y'all for the suggestion towards this and let you know that we understand your desires to have Rank Down Tickets available again. However, we don't have plans at the moment to sell any within game now or in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.