**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

are mystics now the worst class? (even before the md nerf) with it for sure?

bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
is it just me or have mystics now become the worst class? in terms of pure damage output the answer hands down unequivacilly is yes. lets take a look at the other classes for just damage alone tech starlord sparky ghost (if you think ghost aint a you clearly dont know this game very well so keep it moving). mutant domino, sabretooth archangel omega red and emma frost. science capiw luke cage red hulk void (the new magik). cosmic hyperion proxima corvus plus soon to be venom and carnage. skill maybe the closest to arguing is worse than mystic. blade gwenpool and killmonger, but at least skill got 2 awesome damage champions, theres not a single mystic that comes close to said mentioned champions in damage, lets think utility, no double immunity which every class except mystic has at least 2 champions with a major (poison, bleed incinerate) and a minor immunity (coldsnap shock etc...). the only thing mystics have going for them is nullify and power control. however with an icreasing amount of champions being able to shrug off debuffs, only generating passive buffs (thats done on purpose so your mystics cant just nullify theyre buffs), and champions now have reduced effectivenss to power lock power drain etc... the half dozen points ive made have made me realize the mystics are now the weakest class. all i ask is you have an informed response backed by logic, doesnt matter if that logic is sound just have some please. and you people saying tour magik rips theou aw and you only in tier 3 save it cause my 4* blade or sparky still a better option for any node than your r4 5* in your tier. other than that have at it and let me if you agree or diagree and why

Comments

• Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Couple of things right off the bat:
    1. Medusa would definitely be in cosmic, idk if you're in the beta (if you are then disregard) but we don't know what's happening with Venom and Carnage.
    2. Dorm is double immune, so there's that but yeah the lack of immunities is pretty bad.

But I agree, it's been quite a while since new mystic champs have been released (Morningstar was the most recent, released October last year), and I think because the meta has advanced so significantly past that point they are heavily lacking. Also considering they have about 5 less champs than each other class kinda gets me wondering why there's no new mystic champs being added.

Basically at this stage some of them are still useful attackers (you've mentioned Magik, MS is pretty good with some setup), but they're definitely slowly losing ground on the rest of the classes.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Magik is still one of the best in the game.

Hood is underrated.

• Options
    Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Offensively theyre still great, Magik, Morningstar, Voodoo, Mephisto if you know how to use him, Ghost Rider Guillotine, the latter 4 of which are very durable with regen/lifesteal, hell even Loki has a place against big buff users. Defensively theyre basically trash, with the MD Nerf, the passive buffs, Blade, then again blade makes a solid 80% of the “decent” defensive champs on the game obsolete, because balance. But thats another topic entirely, how three champs can entirely negate almost every good defender.

Mystics certainly do need a look at if they are serious about moving away from mystic defenders the least they could do is introduce some new attackers in line with the newer releases.
  • Options
    TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited September 2018
    For 5*s, mystics are more about utility / controlling fights than burst damage dealing. You have power control with Magik, DrV, Dorm and GR (though more situational). You have nullifies with DrV, MS, Magik, DS, and Dorm (Buff steal with Loki). You have regen with Guilly, DrV, MS, GR and somewhat with Dorm / Magik / DS. Fate seals / buff prevention with GR, DS, and Meph.

The only notable damage dealers mystics ever really had from my recollection were SW (no 5* so falling behind as more move to more r4/5 5* / 6* for damage but she had various utility as well just less reliable outside of nullify) and IF before armor break nerf.

Burst damage dealers have their role in game but often you need some utility on your roster for certain situation or you want to run map6 and just use GR on almost any lane and be able to regen if you slip up.

Main impact on offensive MD is I assume for resistor nodes you will no longer get constant MD ever hit once they hit 10 stacks. AWD is big spot where MD nerf will be realized.
  • Options

im in tier 1 top 20 alliance and ive completed all content in the game including lol on multiple accounts and compared to new champions magik dr voodoo ghost rider dorm etc arent in the same class as the newer champions, magik is meh option for t1 aw attack team and ghost rider is great aq champ yea, but we also a top 30 aq team and run map 6 on day 1 4 and 5 and ill tell you ghost and omega red and several other champions like blade obviously are better options than magik dr voodoo for map 6. youll time out in my alliance using a mystic cause of our prestige on map 6. for you guys in gold tier alliqnce wars and 6k prestige aq teams everything seems fine, no big deal but here at the top its a huge fall from the mystics of a year ago not even counting the nerf to md. they cant hang compared to the real god tiers with maybe the exception of r5* ghost rider for aq and r5 magik for all or nothing mini boss on the new aw all or nothing node other than those no mystic is even a top 10 option for anything else in the game
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    For 5*s, mystics are more about utility / controlling fights than burst damage dealing. You have power control with Magik, DrV, Dorm and GR (though more situational). You have nullifies with DrV, MS, Magik, DS, and Dorm (Buff steal with Loki). You have regen with Guilly, DrV, MS, GR and somewhat with Dorm / Magik / DS. Fate seals / buff prevention with GR, DS, and Meph.

The only notable damage dealers mystics ever really had from my recollection were SW (no 5* so falling behind as more move to more r4/5 5* / 6* for damage but she had various utility as well just less reliable outside of nullify) and IF before armor break nerf.

Burst damage dealers have their role in game but often you need some utility on your roster for certain situation or you want to run map6 and just use GR on almost any lane and be able to regen if you slip up.

Main impact on offensive MD is I assume for resistor nodes you will no longer get constant MD ever hit once they hit 10 stacks. AWD is big spot where MD nerf will be realized.

• Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I'm offended you forgot Medusa
  • Options
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    I'm offended you forgot Medusa

you got that medusa even better defender and attacker than any mystic and better in general i disnt leave medusa out on purpose she is a godess no doubt!!!!

• Options
    Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    Magic is one of the best boss killers right now, ghost rider has great utility and holy trinity. Doctor voodoo is a utility god and has been a top champ since he was released unlike a lot of champs who slowly die out
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    If you ask me, Mystics are actually still beast. Scarlet Witch will forever be a god tier in my eyes. Her Sp 2 can one shot a dude. RNG based but still. She can regen, power lock, power steal, power drain, gain fury, gain critical increase, stun, and poison. Girl is insane. Mephisto is a massive bully. Magic can be a life saver. Guilly is insane. I’ve heard great things about Vodoo and Morningstar is dangerous. Honestly. If I wasn’t so OCD I’d probably a team of purely mystics for all events and what not.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I agree with you OP. But the reason is because there have been no new mystics for over a year.

Kabam boxed themselves into a corner by making MD so powerful and then stubborn refusal to change it. Now that there is Blade and MD fixed, I hope we can see those mystics back. They are still powerful in the old meta.

Just imagine with IMIW armors were buffs rather than passives. Dr V would have a field day with him. They deliberately changed the meta because mystics were the strongest class. But once the meta was totally changed; they just forgot about them