**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Joystick Play MCOC

Anyone play MCOC with joystick ?

if yes, please share, i am interested.

Comments

• 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    61lz%2B5n7zEL._SX425_.jpg
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    You will be banned if you use it

why ?
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

why ?

Because it's against the tos
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    You would be changing the way the game should be played, which is against the Tos. Same thing applies to emulators on PC

why ?

Because it's against the tos

Lots of youtube videos playing MCOC with joystick ?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3UMlT3qX9c
    That video is from 2015. He might have been ban for that long time ago
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    it is most certainly against TOS.....
    i think it would be wierd trying to play with it also.....

i am curious as to how they would know....
    i mean they can detect emulators however that can also be very very difficult...
    just curious how they would know you have a controller?
    the controller would emulate a tap and a swipe so the game would be still getting input as a tap or a swipe.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Any program or software that can be used to modify the game files is not allowed. I'm not sure there's been an official stance on Controllers, but Emulators are definitely agaisnt TOS. If you're unsure, wait for confirmation first.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    it does not modify any files from MCOC when using it, The joystick just maps screen swipes etc to it by duplicating the action. No Software in MCOC is modified
    it actually duplicates the OS interface so a game thinks you have swiped back when pressing back on joypad or thinks the screen was tapped when say you press A, I dont have one but know this because to get access to modify game files you need to have root access to write to protected files and this Joypad works without root access so its obviously duplicating screen actions not modifying protected files to remap controls
    Still, you would be changing the way the game should be played. That's no different than emulators
    My above comment was based on a control Ive seen for android that has an app with it to set controls, not an Xbox controller.
    Xbox controller works with any game that has controller support out the box otherwise you need to use an app to map touchscreen actions to the buttons.
    Still, you would be changing the way the game should be played. That's no different than emulators

you are stupid if you think its no different to using android emulators, emulators you get access to everything to modify things, controllers do nothing but replicate a swipe by pushing back or forward
    And you can do the same on phones with specific apps and programs. All I'm saying is that it changes the way the game should be played, which is against the ToS.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

much different to emulators....

yes it is against the TOS for various reasons....

my question was how would they know??? i cant see how they could detect it... so i see it as yes it is against TOS and if caught you would suffer a ban but i do not see how you would get caught.
    but never a good idea to risk it..... dun wanna lose ur hard work....
  • I think that the problem is that if you can use a different input method, it would be possible to place an AI there. I doubt that a different input method would be advantageous, but rather a matter of taste.

The trouble is, if there is a layer between the input and the game, there is a risk of cheating which isn't good for game security. These rules make cheating harder, but have a side-effect on well-intentioned outliers. Best to ask, IMHO.*

* old school: H means 'humble', not 'honest', which is how it should be, IMAO.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I think playing on a joystick or controller would make it harder.
  • PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    so no just regular is easiest btw
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This is an old thread...
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Lmao