**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awaken?

Who should i awaken? 5yb2tuk1djmy.png

Awaken? 58 votes

Iceman
31%
DL864danielmathstakTendersquadzuffyHollowbornDarkrider05WaynedavyDOKTOROKTOPUSA l p h aJdub1250Hammerbro_64DoctorJKnightNvrEndingJayCeepigupompomMrNexusMoeyTehr 18 votes
Archangel
68%
AraevinTheManMythLegendLucashood123456fish8sixTorqueRuntyprincess20HeadrollerAnonymous346LeonidasFayeSpiderCoolsTrevanRomanoDuke_SilverCupidSandeepStaojay1tntslRaikisJohn757crystaldsmithSDP 40 votes

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    I personally think ice man is overrated. Don't get the hype. Archangel has so many effects and I personally like him better.
    Archangel
    I think his ability is more useful as well.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Iceman
    iceman all the way
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    His cold snap stops evade, his frostbite charges work even on debuff immune champs, he can take sp3 loosing no more that 5% damage...
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Archangel
    Awakening AA gives you two great champs to work with. Awakening Iceman gives you one great champ and one good champ. Iceman still has elite utility without a dupe. AA needs it for his ability accuracy reduction.

AA is the clear choice.
    Archangel
    Awakening AA gives you two great champs to work with. Awakening Iceman gives you one great champ and one good champ. Iceman still has elite utility without a dupe. AA needs it for his ability accuracy reduction.

AA is the clear choice.

^that
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Iceman
    Like 60% of all new champs have either poison or bleed immunity, so AA is losing some of his value. Iceman is one of the best incinerate immunes next to Void, can handle evasion, tank specials, etc. Iceman is better

Edit: oops I thought this was a rankup thread. Nvm AA benefits way more than Ice. Ice is fully functional w/o his dupe. AA isn’t.
    Use it on AA
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Archangel
    Iceman is fantastic, but doesn't need to be duped to be amazing. AA gets significantly better duped. Damage output is sick
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Iceman
    this is always an interesting one b/c AA is trash unduped and pretty mediocre duped, while iceman is great unduped and amazing duped. I'd awaken iceman cause AA just isn't very good (or save the gem, that's the best option)
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Iceman
    Iceman for sure. Aa gets gimped hard against any immune champ. Hes lost a lot of value. Iceman however has held his.
    Iceman
    danielmath wrote: »
    this is always an interesting one b/c AA is trash unduped and pretty mediocre duped, while iceman is great unduped and amazing duped. I'd awaken iceman cause AA just isn't very good (or save the gem, that's the best option)

Lmao thinking aa is trash unduped and mediocre duped is literally the funniest thing I’ve read all day.

you can laugh all you want, but it's been a looooooooooong time since i've seen anyone bring him to war
  • FooshblalalaFooshblalala Posts: 277 ★★
    Archangel

you can laugh all you want, but it's been a looooooooooong time since i've seen anyone bring him to war[/quote]

I’ll say it again, outside of aw and aq, AA is the best champion in the game. For anyone who hasn’t 100% act five he will be a godsend. And more people will be ranking him for act 6.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I'd say archangel all the way if your primary objective is act 4 or 5. His neurotoxins make a him a damage god. However, if your focus is in other areas, you may want iceman. But chances are, AA is the top pick for you.
  • I honestly don't think you can wrong either way. They're both improved significantly by being awakened. It's true that Archangel is losing value with so many bleed/poison immune champs, but in story quests he'll get you very far. Watching an opponent's health dwindle so quickly with those bleed/neurotoxin debuffs is one of the great pleasures I get in this game.
  • stakstak Posts: 88
    Iceman
    I hate seeing posts that suggest AA is only effective when awakened. If you're bringing AA into a fight that means your opponent is not bleed or poison immune. And if you use the parry then heavy and repeat method of fighting you'll be stacking neuros and most opponents will be dead so fast the awakened ability never comes into play. Iceman on the other hand does much less damage than AA and you benefit from the awakened ability at the start of every fight and being able to shut down evade the entire fight is an amazing advantage.
  • HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    Iceman
    Iceman. Full immunity and ice armor.

Neither, technically, need to be awakened to be effective.
    Iceman

you can laugh all you want, but it's been a looooooooooong time since i've seen anyone bring him to war

I’ll say it again, outside of aw and aq, AA is the best champion in the game. For anyone who hasn’t 100% act five he will be a godsend. And more people will be ranking him for act 6. [/quote]

lol what? Did you read what you wrote? I'd rather run a sustainable champ in questing then AA any day.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Thanks guys. Ultimately it came down to 2 God teir champs vs. 1 God tier champ and one decent champ. Cold snap shuts down evade and Iceman armor getting only a flat 3 second speed up. But awakened aa shuts down everything including regeneration. AA isn't in my opinion as good of a champ as Iceman but he is the right choice here.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    AA, all day, every day