**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Inactive player incentive gift Discussion [Merged threads]

Comments

• Options
    @SDAATR it’s crazy they’d give someone else better rewards than you for no apparent reason. This is why I haven’t been spending money in the game anymore. Before I’d want to support kabam but recently they dont deserve a penny from anyone.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Just another typical shady move from kabam. The ones who don’t believe this are probably ones getting catered to. If one person is rewarded for NOT playing then the people who DO play should get even better rewards for keeping the game running. Ridiculous.

Can you elaborate on how a company is shady for trying to retain, entice people to use their services? This is a real world static used by many successful companies.

I'll ask the same to you as OP, would you be complaining if YOU got the offer? Would it be unfair then? (If the photo is actually real)
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Its a video of a screenshot. Ive lost all respect for Hof. Hes helping spread unsubstantiated rumors with this video.

Wait. You had respect for Hof?

I should have drawn the line after finding out he's a supporter of that creepster C.O.W
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    It amazes me when players get upset when Kabam does things to help its bottom line. Sure, this offer is a way to get players back in the game, and yes prolly in hopes they will spend money, and as a business move it makes total sense.

Kabam needs to make money to stay in business, period. We need them to stay in business to keep playing this game. If this offer helps them, I am fine with it.

And as someone who been here from the start, this has been going on from almost the start, it is as you say, business move and standard for games.

If you want to get it, easy, just spend $10K+ and then stop playing.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Its a video of a screenshot. Ive lost all respect for Hof. Hes helping spread unsubstantiated rumors with this video.

Wait. You had respect for Hof?

I should have drawn the line after finding out he's a supporter of that creepster C.O.W

Can you imagine what Kabam would give C.O.W. if he was ever inactive for more than a week? They'd probably put him on their salary.
  • Options
    SDAATRSDAATR Posts: 70
    edited September 2018
    Just another typical shady move from kabam. The ones who don’t believe this are probably ones getting catered to. If one person is rewarded for NOT playing then the people who DO play should get even better rewards for keeping the game running. Ridiculous.

Can you elaborate on how a company is shady for trying to retain, entice people to use their services? This is a real world static used by many successful companies.

I'll ask the same to you as OP, would you be complaining if YOU got the offer? Would it be unfair then? (If the photo is actually real)

Ok i get your point ... But at least they should treat all their long lost players equally ... Why the difference then?
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Sometimes I dont get it, The Whales are a very very tiny percent of revenue, Kabam would rather keep one person happy that spends $1000 a month than 1000 people that Spend $20 a month, even though those small transactions in the above example are over 95% of the revenue
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre Successful companies are successful because they don’t cater to certain players. If I got it, and most other people didn’t I would STILL think this is unfair. The MCOC community should be a family. If one person eats, everyone else should eat as well. Especially the players that are still involved.
  • Options
    SDAATR wrote: »

Ok i get your point ... But at least they should treat all their long lost players equally ... Why the difference then?

Again, the chances of this particular offer bein real is very, very small and if its real, wasn't given to just 1 player. Different offers are given out to different player levels for different reasons.

The account in the SS has over 4k units. Who walks away leaving that many units on the account? I fully believe this SS is clickbait
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre Successful companies are successful because they don’t cater to certain players. If I got it, and most other people didn’t I would STILL think this is unfair. The MCOC community should be a family. If one person eats, everyone else should eat as well. Especially the players that are still involved.

Lol wow. Not true at all. Go and finish business school and come back and re-read what you posted.
  • Options
    GigeticusGigeticus Posts: 16

It's not fake. I am in the ally of the person who got this gift and I wrote the email to netmarble and was told they couldn't give me an answer as to why this person received the gift. They said the person received the gift under certain "conditions." When I asked that person what the conditions were they had no idea what netmarble was talking about
  • Options
    Giving these gifts is just a way of putting a bandaid on the game instead of fixing what's wrong with the game. Netmarble knows it's loosing a lot of people so they're trying to do whatever they can to get people back instead of just fixing the game
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Gigeticus wrote: »

It's not fake. I am in the ally of the person who got this gift and I wrote the email to netmarble and was told they couldn't give me an answer as to why this person received the gift. They said the person received the gift under certain "conditions." When I asked that person what the conditions were they had no idea what netmarble was talking about

Well you emailed Netmarble when you should have contacted Kabam...
    Again, we can't see who the account holder is. If you are in the alliance with them, how long were they inactive for them to receive this offer? If they were inactive for that long, why were they still in your alliance?
  • Options
    Gamer wrote: »
    Im also pretty sure it is a fake SS

I'm absolutely sure it's not a fake. And if people have the time to make fake screenshots to show a reward for a video game then they need to find other things to do in life
  • Options
    I would expect this - business 101 for retention / reacquisiton. Do you complain that members with high Loyalty status get more rewards than you at airlines / hotels? Or the guy who gets a free meal because he frequents a restaurant more?

If you ran a business would you treat the customer who pays you a lot nicer than one who nickels and dimes you?

Say what you want about kabam other behaviors but in isolation this is entirely normal for a for profit company.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    As the last round of random gift I didn't get anything. Nothing at all
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    wow this guy gets a five star cinematic crystal while I have to grind for some lame ass five star that collects dust on my roster
  • Options

Again, we can't see who the account holder is. If you are in the alliance with them, how long were they inactive for them to receive this offer? If they were inactive for that long, why were they still in your alliance?

I call kabam netmarble. I emailed kabam. Netmarble bought this game and the rights to use the name kabam. So I refer to them as netmarble. They were gone for a week since their phone was stolen. We kicked and allowed them back due to them having no control over their phone being stolen
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    first of all from a business standpoint
    all customers are important.
    the more revenue a client brings you the higher their status is.
    customers are always looked after to a minimum standard set by the company.
    customers who bring more revenue therefore have a higher value.
    customers with a higher value will almost always get better treatment in some areas.
    when a customer leaves or is leaving you want to retain them or get them back.
    the amount of effort and $$$$ spent to do this is equally relevant to the value and $$$$ that customer brings.
    it makes sense. you spend $1000 to retain a customer who will bring you $10000.
    you will only spend $10 for a customer who brings you $100.
  • Options
    King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    It's true
  • Options

I call kabam netmarble. I emailed kabam. Netmarble bought this game and the rights to use the name kabam. So I refer to them as netmarble. They were gone for a week since their phone was stolen. We kicked and allowed them back due to them having no control over their phone being stolen

I call BS. You dont get an offer for 1 week of inactivity.
  • Options

You can call whatever you want. That's how long he was gone from the squad. I have no reason to lie about a game. I have better things to do than lie about a game
  • Options

You can call whatever you want. That's how long he was gone from the squad. I have no reason to lie about a game. I have better things to do than lie about a game

Then the offer is Photoshoped.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Im also pretty sure it is a fake SS

I'm absolutely sure it's not a fake. And if people have the time to make fake screenshots to show a reward for a video game then they need to find other things to do in life
    Alot. Make Them just to sperd ruomers
  • Options
    Like I said if people have the time to photo shop rewards than they need to find other things to do in life. It's just a game
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Take a break of 6-7 months to get something like this
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Like I said if people have the time to photo shop rewards than they need to find other things to do in life. It's just a game

Yeah. Then move one and just this oh wehell. It just a game. And im dont Care for what peppel get ther most of Them either get trash champ
  • Options

Yeah. Then move one and just this oh wehell. It just a game. And im dont Care for what peppel get ther most of Them either get trash champ

What? None of what you said makes any sense. The fact is kabam is sending these gifts to people. I sent an email to them to confirm it and they said they've sent gifts but can't tell why they're sending them.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    You know... I really doubt that after 6-7 months Kabam would be like "You know what... we should send that guy an incentive for him to come back to the game." That would make it more like an after thought. I have no doubt that Kabam is actively watching the activity of their biggest spenders and will notice right away if they stop logging in. I find it much more likely that after a week of inactivity of someone who has spent a ridiculous amount of money, Kabam would decide to send a "get back into the game" package. It is far more logical to send this package to someone after a week of inactivity then to send them the same package after months of not playing because at that point it is likely that they have deleted the game and will not receive notifications.
This discussion has been closed.