**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do you guys feel about Bishop?

I think bishop is pretty good, he can reduce energy damage, heal, and carry energy to the next fight.
I use him more as a blitz character, I parry, evade, and store my energy so I can unleash an automatic sp3 on my next enemy.

Comments

• NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    He's one of the best against Mystics, Iceman.

If you team him with AA, Cyclops, Storm and Pyslocke, you get this...

Synergy-

Chronal Anchor
    Bishop and Psylocke: Opponents are Petrified for 1 second after they fill a bar of Power, reducing their Regeneration and Power Gain effectiveness by 70%.

Energy Conduit 2 x Level 2
    Bishop: Start the fight with +4 Prowess and 16% Power.
    Storm: +8% Energy Resistance
    Cyclops: +8% Energy Resistance

Mutant Agenda
    Mutants gain +10% Special Attack Damage.

Romance 2 x Level 3
    All Champions gain +10% Power Gain.

Teammates 2 x Level 3
    All Champions gain +10% Perfect Block Chance.

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Vastly underrated
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    I pulled him as a 5* recently and have tried him out but I just don't see him being anything above rank 2, at least not right now. Would rather save the resources.
  • I enjoyed my 6* Bishop against Emma Frost in UC
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I have been getting used to my 5* rank 2 version. Don't know him well enough yet to make any decision on him, but interested to find out what he can really do.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I pulled Bishop as a 6* a few months back and I really dig him. He's excellent against Magik, Iceman, and Electro who use energy damage that can be tricky to avoid. He really cleans up the dungeons on skill day...flattens enemies in record time. He's got nice damage output and pretty good utility.

His biggest drawbacks are:
    -Synergies - The 'power start' synergies are fun, but require you to use champs that are currently not en vogue (Strange, Cyclops, Storm, etc.). His synergy with Psylocke is good for Psylocke, but I haven't found any practical use for it for Bishop.

-Weak vs. Tech Champs - Bishop needs to be able to stack prowess buffs to do any real damage. Unfortunately, he can't stack them via parries against tech champs they way he can against other champs. I think only getting 1 prowess per parry vs. tech champs would be fair. Zero is extreme.

-Healing - He's another in a long list of heroes who "have regeneration", but it's not really practical to use in most cases. Sentinel, Hood, Dormammu, and Sabretooth all fall in this category.

I think he's a lot of fun to play!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I have him duped as a 5* but I just don’t see any reason to rank him up and use him. Iceman? I have Sabretooth and IMIW. Magik? AA, GP, and Blade ruin her. Dormammu? CAIW and LC pound him down. Domino? Pretty much any champ can take her down if you know how to play against her. His utility is just too niche for me to justify ranking him up.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I have him duped as a 5* but I just don’t see any reason to rank him up and use him. Iceman? I have Sabretooth and IMIW. Magik? AA, GP, and Blade ruin her. Dormammu? CAIW and LC pound him down. Domino? Pretty much any champ can take her down if you know how to play against her. His utility is just too niche for me to justify ranking him up.

Bishop's regeneration potential is higher than Blade's. As long as he has prowess buffs he can regenerate health and he's not limited to regenerating only when he has less than 70% health. His special attack damage potential may be 2nd only to Proxima Midnight, as shown here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/9gg1he/bishops_impressive_damage_theres_no_other_mutant/
  • Bishop is probably one of the most interesting characters I've played with yet I've also just pulled a moonlight dupe how good do you think he is?
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    He is pretty good but he is not for every fight, against tec champs he is pure garbage as he can not gain prowess charges against them. Anyone who does a debuff based in energy he is superb against, as well as basic or sp attacks. Most fights he is meh but remember you can store your power fight to fight, if you have him duped you can drop into a fight with two bars of power, parry and then fire off your sp2 get a huge damage multiplier and then do incinerate damage on top of that.