**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BAMF!

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
I've only been playing seven months, so the 5-star shards don't come at me fast no matter how often I play. I've been at 9800 shards for two weeks it seems, so today I decided to gamble on the $7 mutant crystal, which has a 10 percent chance of a 4-star character. I pulled X-23 as a 4-star, and because it was a dupe I got 275 5-star shards.

My 5-star pull = Nightcrawler, which I assume was obvious from the title of this post.

I'm excited mostly because I know how much of a pain in the arse he is to fight against, and I dig the teleportation and swashbuckling mechanics.

Thoughts on Kurt?

Comments

• ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Great pull,have fun with him!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    With the deepwounds mastery, he can be a brutal attacker as well.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I mean, he's really cool if you're OK with his nauseating evade. High evade rate means that you can get out of combos and attack immediately, something that's pretty useful further down the road. Mostly useful for defense, as his evade is really useful only when he's the one getting hit a lot. OK on attack, though.

Good pull.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    His Evading will be very helpful; and you'll get more out of it if you practice deliberately Evading (using Dexterity) as he then starts stacking Cruelty buffs for more damage.

NC's Damage output is pretty decent, and is higher in Swashbuckling mode. It'll be better if you can boost his crit rating with Precision masteries or synergies. He's less effective if the opponent is immune to bleed damage; but note that as he doesn't actually inflict bleed debuffs, he's safe to use against Cable, Abomination and Omega Red.

You'll probably spend most of your time in Neyaphem mode; but Swashbuckling is useful against enemies who can reduce or punish evade; like Agent Venom, Kingpin, Black Widow, Sabretooth (with synergies), etc.

He's a great first pull. Have fun!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I dont really think you need to be in evade mode unless you are playing someone tricky like Master to UC Omega Red or a special you need to evade (like Maestro or collector). Swashbuckling is the mode to go for the crit damage and bleeds.

Little known fact! (I actually found this) he can evade Hiemdalls L2! The same special attack that can’t be evaded or dexterity-ed. It’s a special mechanic he has.
    0tscp0htjp0w.png

NC is pretty good. You got lucky there :)
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    My is r4 Awakened and lvl60somthing.
    He is a killer to All who can bleed. But his deepwounds Do not trigger Abominations or Cables abilitys (poison Degen.)
    He is my top attacker. With his furys on (fury masteries on top) only a few Champs Deal more raw damage with Standart attacks. Imho.
  • Yeah he can do great damage (direct damage, no less) if you have the Deep Wounds Mastery (which, if you have many bleed champs, I highly recommend). He's fun as hell to play.

Fighting against him sucks, obviously. So he used to be great on AW defense, but a lot of people have figured out the trick(s) to being successful against him, so not as useful as he used to be.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    Good info. He's actually my fourth 5-star (got two from the Gwenpool contest), and while I would have preferred something other than a mutant class champ (have Sabretooth already), I am pleased. Of course now I have two mutant and two science 5-star champs, so whenever the next 5-star comes along, let's hope for a champ from another class. Unless it is Domino or Void...
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I thought NC doesn't actually trigger the DW mastery, since he has the effect built into his character, and they felt it would be double dipping to have it trigger twice.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Colinwhitworth69 nice pull! Good unduped too. People will tell you he is better unduped because he is easier to switch on defense, but if you do dupe him you get better damage and it's only slightly faster to switch him. Good either way.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    People keep mentioning Deep Wounds.

However, as @dkatryl mentions, when he came out, it was made clear that Nightcrawler doesn't benefit from Deep Wounds.

He doesn't inflict bleed debuffs, so there is no duration to increase; and my understanding at the time was that it was deemed too overpowered for his own 'Deep Wounds' to benefit from the 'Deep Wounds' Mastery.

Maybe that's changed, but I experimented, and took my 2/35 NC into battle a few times today (unawakened, so no Fury effects to confuse the issue). I can't see any evidence he benefits from it - he does the same instantaneous damage (689) to opponents with higher and lower health compared to him.

Deep Wounds is a great Mastery; but I think NC isn't a champion who'll benefit from it (as opposed to Precision or Cruelty). It'd be nice if a mod could confirm, if one happened to be reading this.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    Well he better be good because I pulled him again as a 5-star on my second account last night. LOL.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    At one point NC was bugged and DW did effect his direct bleed damage but they have since fixed that.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    He is one of my top 3 favorite champs to use in this game. I don’t use him in aw but he’s fun to quest with if you form a team around him for crit synergies