**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who is this man behind the mask?

2»

Comments

• IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    At first i thought it was voodoo but it seems like strange lol
  • TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 253 ★★
    He just better be Mystic

Well, Agent Venom is skill, so I don't see why Venom Strange wouldn't be Mystic.
  • No, its SPAWN!... I think

Spawn is owned by Image comics. Angela is only in Marvel because of a very long, very convoluted legal battle.

I was watching videos the other day and Angela got brought into the marvel universe during the end of AoU (comics) because Wolverine (I think) was traveling through time, first killing someone to stop AoU before coming back to discover that everything was worse so he went back again and killed himself. During this Angela gets sucked out of Heven during a mission and decides to see if earth was real (because to Asgardians, earth was a myth, a child's tale). Then Angela runs into the Guardians and joins them on their quest to protect the universe. After fighting all of them, succeeding until Star Lord takes her down. (Sorry for a really bad explanation).
  • Anyways, actual theory on the pic, Howard looks like the Symbiote ia trying to bond/venomize with him. Dr. Strange I have to agree looks like a klyntar mix but I could be totally wrong. Who knows, Kabam could put out more info on this.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Yooo that dude looks sick.

IKR, we needed a sick looking new Mystic

We need a new mystic in general
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    No, its SPAWN!... I think

Spawn is owned by Image comics. Angela is only in Marvel because of a very long, very convoluted legal battle.

I was watching videos the other day and Angela got brought into the marvel universe during the end of AoU (comics) because Wolverine (I think) was traveling through time, first killing someone to stop AoU before coming back to discover that everything was worse so he went back again and killed himself. During this Angela gets sucked out of Heven during a mission and decides to see if earth was real (because to Asgardians, earth was a myth, a child's tale). Then Angela runs into the Guardians and joins them on their quest to protect the universe. After fighting all of them, succeeding until Star Lord takes her down. (Sorry for a really bad explanation).

that's the in-universe version. the real world explanation is that Neil Gaiman co-created her for Todd McFarlane and then claimed ownership of her and another character, eventually won, sold the other character back to McFarlane and then sold Angela to Marvel.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

Spawn's also in a DC game or Mortal Kombat, I forget which and thus unlikely to ever appear in CoC.

that's the in-universe version. the real world explanation is that Neil Gaiman co-created her for Todd McFarlane and then claimed ownership of her and another character, eventually won, sold the other character back to McFarlane and then sold Angela to Marvel.

Yeah I know this, this was just an explanation of what happened after Marvel bought her, granted she wasn't very big after all. Which is quite sad because I think she could be just as big as WW if not bigger. (And I mean, her outfit could use a bit of de-sexualization)

Yeah I know this, this was just an explanation of what happened after Marvel bought her, granted she wasn't very big after all. Which is quite sad because I think she could be just as big as WW if not bigger. (And I mean, her outfit could use a bit of de-sexualization)

Her outfit is fine and we weren't discussing her in-universe origins, so that was kind of a non-sequitur. I only brought Angela up as she was originally an Image comics character and foe of Spawn. This might lead to the misconception that Spawn could appear in this game, if someone was unaware of the legal pissing contest McFarlane threw and put Gaiman through.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Looks like Symbiote Strange with a different version of the Eye of Agamotto.
    As for Howard, he look a bit like Armor (Hisako Ichiki).
    And Mr Blue, looks like a crossover of Ares and Nova. Maybe Novares... lol

Most likely explanation is he's hosting the Unipower and is Captain Universe currently.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

They confirmed that the blue dude isn't Ares or Nova, but someone much greater.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Didn't Strange and T'Challa had to join forces in an event quest to get the Infinity Claw from Killmonger? Maybe a mishap happened and they were merged into... that

mhl1fofugjcx.png
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Looks like symbiote Dr. Strange. Got a symbiote event coming and Strange is being withheld so probably a rework. Obviously Mystic (at least partially) and they mystic class is the smallest class!
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    It is the sorcerer they were talking about.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They both appear to me to be mystic and cosmic combined.
    edited September 2018

No, they confirmed it wasn't Ares crossed with Nova. They still said it was Ares.

Nevermind. I know who it is now and I feel dumb for not recognizing it sooner.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

No, they confirmed it wasn't Ares crossed with Nova. They still said it was Ares.

Nevermind. I know who it is now and I feel dumb for not recognizing it sooner.

Bet you don't.
  • I believe that it's a symbiote Dr. Strange. Next month's quest will have several symbiote versions of the champs like the modok event.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s probably the symbiomancer like the event quest name.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★

Actually in the comics it is explained that Angela is the first born of Odin, and in a mighty battle against the forces of heaven(the tenth realm) she was supposedly killed by the leader of the angels. However she was abducted to later be used as the ultimate weapon, against Odin. After seeing his daughter killed by the angels leader, Odin went into a rage(the first time he utilized the Odinforce), and closed off the tenth realm leaving it a huge prison, no one was able to go in or out. This was a dig at her original appearance in Spawn(One of the best comic books ever published, and yes I'm talking about the one from 92 as I finish this sentence it is hitting me how old I am.) As the Angels had no wings in McFarlane's story and marvel used it to be a plot point. Anyway she escapes her prison as explained above, by the eloquent summoner. After the Tenth realm is again opened by the combined might of Thor and Loki a fight insures where Angela gives a brutal beat down to Thor. After Thor regains his senses he calls his hammer and a thunderstorm and they go at it again, Odin(who had been dead for some time but comes back to life in a very convoluted way) stops the fight and tells them they are both his children. So the sad part is we may never get to see Angela in the movies, as Hela has usurped her proper place in the Marvel Cinematic universe. That would be a great GOTG movie Rocket, Agent Venom, and Angela possibly Groot I would watch it.

Actually in the comics it is explained that Angela is the first born of Odin, and in a mighty battle against the forces of heaven(the tenth realm) she was supposedly killed by the leader of the angels. However she was abducted to later be used as the ultimate weapon, against Odin. After seeing his daughter killed by the angels leader, Odin went into a rage(the first time he utilized the Odinforce), and closed off the tenth realm leaving it a huge prison, no one was able to go in or out. This was a dig at her original appearance in Spawn(One of the best comic books ever published, and yes I'm talking about the one from 92 as I finish this sentence it is hitting me how old I am.) As the Angels had no wings in McFarlane's story and marvel used it to be a plot point. Anyway she escapes her prison as explained above, by the eloquent summoner. After the Tenth realm is again opened by the combined might of Thor and Loki a fight insures where Angela gives a brutal beat down to Thor. After Thor regains his senses he calls his hammer and a thunderstorm and they go at it again, Odin(who had been dead for some time but comes back to life in a very convoluted way) stops the fight and tells them they are both his children. So the sad part is we may never get to see Angela in the movies, as Hela has usurped her proper place in the Marvel Cinematic universe. That would be a great GOTG movie Rocket, Agent Venom, and Angela possibly Groot I would watch it.

This makes me so happy, I knew all of this, just didn't throw it in because it was late in the night. Thank you for the compliment (I assume).
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★

This makes me so happy, I knew all of this, just didn't throw it in because it was late in the night. Thank you for the compliment (I assume).

It was meant as a complement, sorry if it appeared otherwise.