**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next Round of Champion Updates

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Simple question for @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra or @Ad0ra_. With the new champion updates that are being released I'm sure we would all like to know if there is a current time frame for the next set of updates to old champions. And also is this time frame going to be shorter than the previous wait between champion updates was? 8 months seems a bit excessive. It would be exciting to see these updates happen much more frequently than they do currently. Either way, thank you from all of us for the amazing updates to Venom and Carnage, I can't wait to play around with both of them when the update drops.

To everyone else. What class would you most like to see updated and which two champs from that class do you think need it the most? I would really like to see Mutant class updated next, and I hope that DPX and Colossus are both reworked.

Comments

• Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I would like them to rework tech. Such as hulkbuster, war machine, and/or war machine. There fun to play with but they are all bad
  • Options
    I hate sounding pessimistic, but odds are they won’t give us any details. Probably a couple months away too
  • Options
    RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    The changed to Carnage and Venom aren't even official yet and you want an update on the next champs? You must be new...
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Magneto and colossus and dpx severely need reworked they are absolute trash I would throw in groot and kk but they just reworked 2 cosmic champs I would also like to see a dr strange rework
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The changed to Carnage and Venom aren't even official yet and you want an update on the next champs? You must be new...

The point of this post is not to ask for the next round of champion updates... It is to ask if they have any plans to update more often... As I stated very clearly in the post, I am interested to know if they have plans to update champions more than every 8 months. But thanks for jumping to the conclusion that I'm "new"
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Would like Karnak and spider gwen as next beta so they hopefully get new sp1s that actually do damage
  • Options
    Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    edited September 2018
    Соглашусь со списком изданному свыше и хочу добавить еще двух мутантов: шторм, зверь
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    For various reasons, I think these won't come in the form of a total overhaul, or a regular sweeping basis. Simply put, it takes time and energy, and the data has to support the need. Not just popular or unpopular opinion. Meaning, people see a good number of Champs as not good enough, but some actually perform well in terms of the data shown. Crit, Health, etc. There's also the fact that there's a certain amount of focus placed on newer Champs, and it's not really about catching the rest up to them. If some show they aren't performing well in the changing meta, that becomes something to look at. However, it's not a comparison in terms of God/Demi God/Garbage. It's just a matter of internal data. There are basic Stats they look at, at least that's my understanding. Take the data on Clops, for example. It became quite a joke for some on here, "very effective", but in actuality he has one of the most dependable Crits. I don't think it will be on the scale of reworking that people expect. Always room to reexamine and do more. I just don't see it as a mass production thing.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    For various reasons, I think these won't come in the form of a total overhaul, or a regular sweeping basis. Simply put, it takes time and energy, and the data has to support the need. Not just popular or unpopular opinion. Meaning, people see a good number of Champs as not good enough, but some actually perform well in terms of the data shown. Crit, Health, etc. There's also the fact that there's a certain amount of focus placed on newer Champs, and it's not really about catching the rest up to them. If some show they aren't performing well in the changing meta, that becomes something to look at. However, it's not a comparison in terms of God/Demi God/Garbage. It's just a matter of internal data. There are basic Stats they look at, at least that's my understanding. Take the data on Clops, for example. It became quite a joke for some on here, "very effective", but in actuality he has one of the most dependable Crits. I don't think it will be on the scale of reworking that people expect. Always room to reexamine and do more. I just don't see it as a mass production thing.

they did a Q & A a while back with one of the developers. one of the main focuses was in regards to reworking champs.
    they stated how that little buffs and tweaks and synergies are a good way too add a slight boost to champs.
    but also mentioned that this was only a part of the process.
    and that there are many champs that they do believe do need an overhaul.
    this is where they first stated about the two cosmic reworks that we have now found to be venom and carnage.

they did also state that often this gets pushed back to allow for other things to happen.
    but the important thing to note is that the kabam developers have officially said to the public that there are champs they plan on reworking and it is something that they know needs to be done.

so in short it will happen. more champs will get the LC, Rulk, Venom & Carnage treatment but dont bother trying to ask who and when cus things happen and they will not lock in answers like that till they have something ready to go.
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Rework masteries please and remove reset costs
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »

they did a Q & A a while back with one of the developers. one of the main focuses was in regards to reworking champs.
    they stated how that little buffs and tweaks and synergies are a good way too add a slight boost to champs.
    but also mentioned that this was only a part of the process.
    and that there are many champs that they do believe do need an overhaul.
    this is where they first stated about the two cosmic reworks that we have now found to be venom and carnage.

they did also state that often this gets pushed back to allow for other things to happen.
    but the important thing to note is that the kabam developers have officially said to the public that there are champs they plan on reworking and it is something that they know needs to be done.

so in short it will happen. more champs will get the LC, Rulk, Venom & Carnage treatment but dont bother trying to ask who and when cus things happen and they will not lock in answers like that till they have something ready to go.

As I said, there's room for some improvement. However, there's a great deal of talk about reworking Champs each month, and updating all the older Champs to compare to the newer ones, and that's not exactly feasible.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    yall cant give kabam a break they just reworked 2 characters well let them chill and enjoy themselves for a lil
  • Options
    acpacp Posts: 67
    I'd honestly skip new champs over reworked champs.