**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik vs Deadpool (X-Force)

I just fought Deadpool X-Force in arena; I was using a duped Magik. The opponent Deadpool X-Force was duped also. It had activated a SP1 against me, leaving itself with less than one bar of power. I fired off my SP2 and instead of being robbed of its power, it had an immediate power flood, and hit 3 bars of power in one second. How and why did this happen? I have Mystic Dispersion maxed at level 5. Any ideas anybody?

Comments

• Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    His ability is power gain when brought down below certain health
  • Options
    You're right, but it seems then that Deadpool's passive ability is stronger than Magik's. That was very unexpected. I'd have thought that with Mystic Dispersion maxed, that Magik"s SP2 power steal, which is 100%, could not be stopped.
  • Options
    So the next point is, how does a 100% ability become defeated by a passive ability? And what algorithm decides which takes precedence?
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Why do you think Mystic Dispersion has anything to do with this? You didn't nullify any buffs, as Deadpool has none.

Magik's S2 did damage, the damage brought Deadpool below 30%, Deadpool gained power.

Why does this seem strange to you?
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Magik's S2 did damage, the damage brought Deadpool below 30%, Deadpool gained power.

Uh deadpool xforce isnt supposed to gain power when power locked

• Options
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Uh deadpool xforce isnt supposed to gain power when power locked

No one said he was power locked, because he wasn't power locked.
  • Options
    AshersbashersAshersbashers Posts: 26
    edited September 2018
    @AxeCopFire
    The SP2 from Magik is supposed to 100% guarantee power steal, but I saw no evidence of it. Only that Deadpool X-Force's power gain worked. So one worked and the other didn't. That's what I experienced.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Assassin?
  • Options
    I don't believe the Assassin Mastery would treat Magik's SP2 as a defensive ability? I was thinking of an analogy for what I experienced, and the effect was very similar to Guillotine's heal reversal effect. So when you expect power steal, what happens, and fast, is power gain, in the opponent. I know that's what's supposed to happen, but what happened to the guaranteed power steal?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Oh right. I was thinking it was just ability accuracy.
  • Options
    The power steal is immediate and would have no effect on the power gained from Deadpool's power gain ability, which happened after the SP2, due to the damage caused by the SP2.