**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Need clarification about the way in which a rank down ticket works

abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
So I was wondering if you ranked up a champion using a rank up gem and then you took them down using a rank down ticket, do you get the original resource back or does it give you the catalysts instead which are needed for that particular rank up?

Any insight or help regarding this matter would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It gives you the catalysts back
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Very interesting...
    Thank you for the reply sir.
    Have a good day.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    I think once a year, maybe around the holidays, is fine...

Last year's were nice to have. If we get them again, I know I have a use for them.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Rank downs work like this:
    -People ask for them constantly for illegitimate reasons and are laughed at and scolded.
    -People ask for them for legitimate reasons and are laughed at and scolded.
    -Droves of users comment, wrongly, that they have a game breaking effect and take pleasure in others' misery... Usually bc they're miserable themselves.
    -Kabam ignores all of the above and closes threads.
    -Kabam may inform players that a champ ability is working as intended and then change that particular ability and shut down threads asking (justifiably) for champ-specific rdt.
    -Kabam may create a mastery that's intrinsically and fundamentally linked to a certain set of champs and allow players to invest in the mastery and rank champs based on their effectiveness and overall value while using said mastery. This may create game issues and complaints that will fall on deaf ears and go unanswered. If any answer is given, it is simply that the said mastery, the champs, and the interaction with other masteries are all working as intended. These game issues will be 100% rectified by the introduction of newer champs. Once the issue is fixed by new champ introduction, kabam will change the way the masteries work (and by relation, the champs that use the mastery). They'll then ignore requests for rank downs for these particular champs and forum users will laugh at and scold the requests.
    -forum users will endlessly hear that rdt are dead, gone, not designed for anything except major changes like 12.0... until kabam randomly decides they're going to give them freely... Which will be a nice gift to a playerbase that has been unhappy for a myriad of legitimate reasons. It will also anger the legalistic forum users and destroy any and all arguments about rdt being only for significant champ changes or being a game-breaking item. The anti-rdt users will ignore this fact and continue using the same, invalid arguments in the future, be fully unaware of how silly the arguments are, and be supremely confident in the bad arguments they spam.
    -when rdt are randomly given, kabam will decide what items and resources they give back to the player.

AMEN!
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Thank you for all the replies🙂
    I merely wanted to just have my doubt clarified, by no means am I wanting to acquire them or am I demanding them.
    I'm pretty content with my rankup decisions 🙂
    That's just settling the misunderstanding if any.
    Let's close this discussion here before this turns out to be something vaguely off topic.
    Thank you for your time.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Can't put the current state in any better way than @chunkyb put it. I am still clueless as to why we got RDT last year as a gift and even more confuse to why all these recent champs and ability changes (not bug changes) doesn't get one.