**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Iron Man Infinity War, good or not?

Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I recently had pulled a 4 star iron man infinity war from a manure crystal, which is rare, and haven’t touched him. What are your thoughts on him and should I invest in the character

Comments

• Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    edited October 2018
    @Vdh2008 *nanite crystal.* Apologies. Autocorrect
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Great defender. He's good as an AQ boss because of the fact that he's got auto-block, which activates parry, unblockable sp1, and long heavy, which is really useful with unstoppable heavy node.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    He's also great on offense. He's practically bleed immune if his armor stays up, bas an unlockable sp1, sp2 causes incinerate and stun, he's a great champ who's very sustainable on AQ or long paths in story like act 4.
    So what i’m hearing is he’s good for AW’s?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★

In a nutshell

In a nutshell

Alrighty.
  • Shrimkins wrote: »
    He's an overrated defender. Give it 6 more months and he will be like mordo is today.

That’s why everyone still dies to him even in plat1/masters lol. That’s what they said when he first came out and new season same old ish.

IMIW is amazing. By far the best auto fight champ in game too. Super durable and is good on attack or defense.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I ended up with a duped 4* from that cinematic deal. I took him to 4/40 and he was getting a kill or 2 but that's ended. Honestly I have Yondu,GG and IMIW duped 4* and they are pretty similar category to me, decent defenders and good situational utility attackers.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Hes a nightmare on defence
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    Yes he's an excellent defender and is a good attacker. He can heal block regen champs with his heavy attacks and he can almost fully nullify evades and autoblocks with his repulsor moves. He doesn't deal a tonne of damage but his crit rating is high
  • I would say he's like Domino on defense, a lot of people are figuring them out. They still get kills occasionally but it's not the guaranteed slaughter like it used to be.
  • ManTymeManTyme Posts: 47
    Overhype. He is/was a good defender because of autoblock and ppl werent use to him. He is becoming more common to run into and people are starting to get his animations down packed. If your alliance doesnt have many imiw on defense rank him. Otherwise i would not waste the resources to rank him up because he isnt proven to clear any difficult content
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Honestly his offense is way better than I think people realize, that sp2 is beautiful
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    he's really, really good. His sp2 does can potentially do a tonne of damage. Not to mention his utility (eg unblockable sp1 blade arm) His armor ups are very good and durable. I'll give you a hint for using iron man iw. To build plasma, charge up to his sp2, activate it, keep hitting ur opponent so the incinerates keep refreshing, then sp1, heavy attack and BOOM. You have a plasma. If you keep doing that, you will build tonnes of plasma which tear thru opponents. They can do 1000 or more damage if u really stack them up. His awakened ability is very useful defensively (his auto block saved me many times) All in all, a beyond god champion feel very lucky :)
    :):):) woop
    :(:( sad

Honestly his offense is way better than I think people realize, that sp2 is beautiful

ikr! His offense is so underrated
  • Lannistark77Lannistark77 Posts: 52

No you had it right... except I thought you meant a PHC crystal... because those crystals are pure horse s**t!!!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

No you had it right... except I thought you meant a PHC crystal... because those crystals are pure horse s**t!!!
    you revived this thread to complain about PHCs?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

you love horse poop
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1510466/#Comment_1510466