**KNOWN ISSUE**
Some items are displaying erroneous star ratings. This seems to be happening most on items where typically there are no star ratings. We have found the cause for the issue and it will be resolved, targeting mid-late next week.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

13468914

Comments

  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    Update for Android 9 / Pixel users !!

    After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

    I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

    *** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

    Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

    Instructions:
    1) Extract the zip file (either on device or computer)
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    a) It should contain two subfolders: 'cache' and 'files'
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder
    a) Replace files/folders if prompted.

    Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

    wow. This actually worked. I'm back in business. THANK YOU
  • The Google drive solution worked for me, as well. There are still a few small images that don't load, but everything else seems to be working again. I can move around on maps again and load times are back to normal. Thank you!
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I thought unistalling would fix issue, however I am stuck at first loading screen after reinstalling.
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 41
    iPad and iPhone X makes no difference.
    Both on most current iOS.
    Cox internet Midwest US (300+ MBPS)
    All aspects of the game lag and take forever to load.

    Any updates? It’s border line unplayable as is.
  • TheRealSugarTheRealSugar Posts: 7
    This is killing me right now. I saw that some people were having issues with display and long loading times a few days ago and it's currently affecting me. Kabam, please push out an emergency patch as the game is pretty much unplayable right nowso8uxombc7cb.png
    m42kebchuwsy.png
    . I'm on Android 9 OS.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 365 ★★
    I am having the same issues, lag, long loading screens and more... I am using Android 6 0cc16umvag3d.png
    xz133h9qbn28.png
  • MortisnerdMortisnerd Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    wt2t88jbx63j.png
    Same issue for me, game is unplayable:( Android 9 os
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Yup. I am too as well. The support team closed my ticket and said they sent it to the "game team" for further investigation but they haven't contacted me at all.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 172
    Absimilard wrote: »
    The Google drive solution worked for me, as well. There are still a few small images that don't load, but everything else seems to be working again. I can move around on maps again and load times are back to normal. Thank you!

    That's simple prove that Kabam missed the storage permission like other applications have.
    And i just dont get it, why their programmer so slow respond to a problem that already known, and release the fixes..

  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    4momc236zbh6.png
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    pznzpy9t63pb.png
    I get a lot of black boxes covering the screen. The graphics get all funky like this and the game randomly crashes. It happens in AQ which is beyond frustrating since I lose half my health. It happened 4 times in one AQ. I was super glad we were only doing map 3 and we were able to 100 percent but that's insane
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I get the same graphics glitches and the game frequently crashes. It's been happening since the ant man update for me. It seems like it's worst right after the updates. I dunno, I reinstall the game and sometimes that works but not always
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 52
    Guys are you facing a similar problem. I can't view some items after the update like klynter katalyst, buff randomizer, my little symbioid and some items which I have no clue what they are. I am attaching some screenshots for your reference. Kindly suggest a solution. s6eqnn0oluqk.png
    cp2lgektj1ii.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,326 ★★★★★
    Try uninstalling and doing a fresh install. Could be that some of the data hasn't downloaded, or is misplaced.
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    Hi there, after new update (first day) everything worked fine, fast, no lag. Lag is not present , but... loading time today/yesterday s 64-75 seconds after arena fight, quest starting time, aq,sq, eq loading time after fight is also more than a minute.. WTF?
    i gave up my arena run because of this.. Am i alone with that crazy problem?
    I think it's network related problem on KABAM side, my internet is fine.
  • Scary_TerryScary_Terry Posts: 26
    Yep same for me
  • reversereverse Posts: 21
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    Update for Android 9 / Pixel users !!

    After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

    I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

    *** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

    Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

    Instructions:
    1) Extract the zip file (either on device or computer)
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    a) It should contain two subfolders: 'cache' and 'files'
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder
    a) Replace files/folders if prompted.

    Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

    Thanks, working.

    But goldpool picture seem missing tout the folder.
    I think I will copy that from my other mobile.

    Problem on Android 9, device oneplus 6, wifi or cellular...
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Happening to me as well
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 52
    Wow. Reinstallation made it worse @GroundedWisdom
    e2dxih1yop81.png
    944099zibymf.png
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike any suggestions?
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 52
    And now I can't play quests or aq or aw!! The game just freezes as soon as I start a quest or aq or aw. Tried reinstallation, data removal. Please suggest.
    Device - Google pixel
    WiFi @10Mbps
    Mcoc Version 20.1
  • @Kabam Miike dame here
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 176 ★★★
    @reverse yeah it's not complete by any means, but it's got the majority of files needed for quests & events to minimize the load delays.

    It's surprising how many files are downloaded in the background on-demand rather than preloaded via the data download after update. Not sure there's an accessible repository we could fetch these from in the meantime either.

    Not sure if it's storage or background data related, but regardless we need Kabam to fix it.

    Glad the files uploaded have helped get you guys back in-game at least
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 16,931 ★★★★★
    Efflux1990 wrote: »
    And now I can't play quests or aq or aw!! The game just freezes as soon as I start a quest or aq or aw. Tried reinstallation, data removal. Please suggest.
    Device - Google pixel
    WiFi @10Mbps
    Mcoc Version 20.1

    How much memory and ram do you have?
  • jdawggs316jdawggs316 Posts: 54
    What is going on? Day 4 for me and I'm unable to play still despite this being pretty major for lots of people.

    @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike
  • Starscean98Starscean98 Posts: 92
    It's android 9 pie issue. Game has not been updated for it i guess. Have the same issue on other phone
  • Have the same issue. My alliance was just about to kick me out, suspecting that I was using some kind of mod. Reinstalled OS about 3 times now, was just about to get a new phone, thinking mine was faluty. Running Android 9 on a Pixel XL gen 1. Missing images, constant lag and freeze.kgi3vmjeje4u.png
    tu4jn1ke0t1s.png
    g772auupt9wu.png
    kr20jk6vey78.png
  • christel007christel007 Posts: 5
    I have a Google pixel 2 xl 9.0. in game name is warriorprincess. I can't ever see the champions never know what u get from Crystal to champs. or any event. Takes 2 to 5 min before u are able to go to the next fight in war, aq, and all events. Loading is a major issue no one has that kind of time to wait for 2 min just so you are able to fight ,every single fight. U just still there never know when it load or even who your going to be fighting you have no idea which champs to put in
This discussion has been closed.