**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What to do with my shards!?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
Hello everyone,

Forum looks cool!

Soooo all the 5* news... I currently have 33k 5* shards, I was planning to go for Yondu or if I made my mind up Nebula tonight.

Anyway I am pretty sure that it's more sensible to just but standard ones when the update drops as they are unleashing some beasts into them?

I wish we could have more ways to get shards though, same they weren't added or implemented into season 4. Change the AW crystals to include shards and remove the useless boosts inside them.

Lower the price maybe for a 5* crystal?

Comments

• WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I would suggest to wait till June 8th. That way if you miss your featured at least you have a shot at a sub-featured pool which consist of every Champion that has previously been featured (they’ve had their own 5-Star Crystal), but are not yet in the Basic 5-Star Crystal. In short it means if you are going for June 8's featured champion and you miss him/her/it, you might pull a Nebula or Yondu instead.

Here's Miike's post in the Announcements section:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals#latest
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Personally, I don't buy featured hero crystals because:
    1) Some 5* featured heroes need to be duped to unleash their true strength, their unduped versions may be weak
    2) The risk, for me, is not something I'd take. I rather not sacrifice an additional 5k 5* shards for a chance at the 5* featured.

So in my opinion, you should get the 5* standard crystals.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Its a matter of personal choices. Before this announcement, I would only buy standard 10k crystals because I think exactly like you. But now the featured crystal has a chance to award a sub-featured pool which means if I miss champion A on June 8, I might end up with a Voodoo. Once I have enough 15k shards, I can go again for the featured at that time. If I miss him again, I might get lucky and score another Voodoo.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    For those who are choosing to wait: remember that you will have a chance to get a 5* Spider Gwen
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    If you don't have a 5* Star Lord yet you might want to open your 5* shards now and not wait. Unless you want one of the newer champs of course. Just an observation that the chances of pulling 5* SL goes down soon.
  • Sir_BarkleySir_Barkley Posts: 22
    "Sub Featured" list has a lot of **** in it also ... just imagine getting from a 15k crystal a Donald Duck in HB disguise, a Green Transvestite, an elderly Wolverine, etc ...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Yeah luckily enough I got my 5* duped SL haha and I only ever tried a feature once and pulled Mordo.

But now it kinda makes more sense to me, with all the champs being added (to the normal 5* crystal) getting 3 of them (maybe 4 by the update comes) instead of 2 others is even more worth it?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Featureds only make sense if they are viable unduped (Mordo) or you have a 5* awakening stone. Otherwise, hold out.

As for the new slate, it's a mixed bag as usual. Your SL is duped so you have a leg up--only other old 5* dupe worthwhile is probably Magik or CM.

Dr. Zola
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    If you're not playing competitively (several million rated alliance) and are tier 5 and up in most events...then I say a featured isn't worth it. Act 1-5 can be done without any of those fancy newer champs. Don't let Kabam dangle those candies in front of your face..JUST SAY NO. Patience and you will get them all

10k for a 5* is bad enough
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Your a bit late to the post mate lol
  • DarkArrow07DarkArrow07 Posts: 109
    Your a bit late to the post mate lol

These flags are driving me nuts! Perfect example, why did someone flag your post? lol
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Soooo.....isn't Iceman decent unduped? I have never gone for a featured, and I have 13 of the worst garbage champs in the game. I have 60k shards because a few months ago I spun a crystal hoping and praying for ANY dup. I got IP, threw my phone......twice, and vowed never to open another 5* crystal without attempting featured. Iceman will be my first attempt. So, how many shards is a good amount to have to attempt a featured? Would you say I need AT LEAST 60k shards for decent odds at getting a featured? Hopefully my first attempt will net at least one decent champ......but probably not. Probably going to run LoL before the end of July for another 20k shards and an awaken stone. Im scared to spin 5* crystals now......
  • I can't even click the shards button. Wtf
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    since in july they will pollute the basic 5s pool irremediably with luke cage, jane foster ,spider gwen , and in august she hulk, kamala, red hulk ,old man ,u need to wait at least till september and from that point go only for featured to get a decent 5