**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

who really gets punished in this current system.

First i would like to acknowledge the steps taken to make war better and stop the cheating. of all kinds. I also think more things are coming. this isnt a post to about what i think you should do but the time frame of it. To many alliances have had there season busted, lost rewards, used uncessary itmes or even lost a war that would have bumped them to the next braket. When an alliance gets punished for piloting and gets there war rating docked they can match lower alliances while maintaing tier 1 points. What really happens in this current format is the cheating alliance gets a item free win. while the lesser alliance gets a loss, forced to use items other wise wouldnt, 100%ing being the goal to somewhat save ur season, and miss out on potential win rewards that day. So who really got puished here. Now while i know work is still being done about this, id like to ask Kabam, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra to please recognize that this is not ok. I know pepole who have lost a spot in a higher tier, wastd items, and even quit. When a plat 3 ally or less has to face a master ally, i want you to ask your self who really got punished here. Then please recognize this is hurting your game more then anything and please make it a priority. Please stop alowing these cheating alliances to face lesser alliances who play your gaem with integrity and hard work. You are loosing players becasue of this. Also war is becoming less fun and less desirable. Please take this to your higher ups with haste and stop punishing alliances who play your gaem with integrity. I think its time to stop giving out rewards to any alliance being cought piloting, but at least make it so only them get punished.

Comments

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Yeah, we're getting creamed in Plat 3 by Plat 1 alliances that are now in Plat 3 because they got caught piloting. Their rosters are far superior than ours and it's almost impossible to win. Their defense is just too strong. We have to play 10x better to win, but the odds are vastly stacked against us.
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    Everyone gets punished even the alliances who get caught in many cases these many of the alliance members aren’t aware of any piloting going on internally. We were platinum 3 pushing hard using items to make platinum 2. Our alliance doesn’t condone piloting but with 30 guys there’s days here and there where someone can’t get on line and has a deal with someone in the alliance to cover for them if needed. So at the end of the day our alliance got hit for a guy who couldn’t get on line that day for real life personal reasons. The result cost all of our members all that wasted glory and units and boosts to push for platinum 2. So now everyone is so deterred from platinum level aw we aren’t going to use any items any more and just stay in gold one. It’s simply not worth the risk of using those items for the chance that someone in the alliance gets piloted and then your season is down the drain.
  • HarryhoudiniHarryhoudini Posts: 42
    The current “punishing” system is absolutely back aswards . As mentioned above the “docked” alliance aren’t really suffering at all when they keep their T1 multiplier. Instead of facing tougher ally’s they should be matching they get Easy wars with T1 multiplier. Many top ally’s that have been caught cheating this season and will still get master rewards, makes sense right? Different action needs to be taken, your current “punishing” system for cheaters is a joke , and the way matchmaking is done is an even bigger joke .
    What Kabam should do is allow alliances to maybe carry 30- 33 players so alliances have options on days where someone isn’t available. Cause realistically who wants to kick someone who’s taking a day off the game. It’s not fair for the other alliance members to suffer cause someone needs a day off. Having 33 players would give alliances some flexibility and keep on some veteran players who are semi retired who can’t play full time but could fill in when needed and still be part of the alliance they dedicated years to with
    The current “punishing” system is absolutely back aswards . As mentioned above the “docked” alliance aren’t really suffering at all when they keep their T1 multiplier. Instead of facing tougher ally’s they should be matching they get Easy wars with T1 multiplier. Many top ally’s that have been caught cheating this season and will still get master rewards, makes sense right? Different action needs to be taken, your current “punishing” system for cheaters is a joke , and the way matchmaking is done is an even bigger joke .

Alliances who get caught piloting do lose their multiplier
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    This is unfortunate and should be corrected. There is a kind of entitlement at play in this game. The top can sweep through any and all special monthly content and scoop up multiple teirs of awards outside of Alliance wars and now as a form of punishment they get to snatch awards from lower tier alliances?? Straight up...another reason i play solo.
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    An alliance who was on both ban lists that we faced a week before the first one came out and only had 4 deaths in our war is now 200k points above us again. What a joke this system is every ally they bump out of a higher rating is further adding insult to injury. Cheating should be met with loss of season rewards, especially for repeat offenders it’s just common sense...
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Punishment should be about changing behavior. From the continued war deductions, that's not happening. They get a small penalty and easier war matchups until they climb back where they were. Or the alliance debands and it starts all over again the next season in new alliances. And its seriously affecting the lower tier alliances as well from a snowball effect.

There are the obvious cheaters and then those that don't even realize they've done something against the TOS, as not everyone visits the forum or reads their emails.

Punishment needs to be scaled. My suggestions are as followed.

1. Anytime a flag is tripped that notifies kabam to investigate an issue, the alliance leader should be notified their alliance is being investigated for piloting or another TOS violation. This allows the alliance to provide their side of the story during the investigation and not just be notified once its been concluded with the penalty. Which often results in opening a support ticket after the fact where nothing is resolved to keep it from happening again.
    2. Piloting accounts should receive a penalty of the loss of season points for those wars where piloting occurred. No change to war rating.
    3. Other TOS violations including use of 3rd party software should be given war rating deduction and actual member receiving a ban.
    4. Multiple occurrences by the same alliance should forfeit any season rewards.

Choose any of the above or some other players suggestions. But something needs to change if war seasons are to continue. I almost wish war seasons had never been introduced at all.
  • glad to see this get traction and im not alone. for 1, the guy who said this post wilp get taken down. i want you to see the carful structure of this post. and it will not. and to the guy who said kabam doesnt care if ur broke or nt in toer 1. dude play another game. dont waste everyones time woth that bs. kabam cares. its just common sense. and ur the problem not the solution. dont muddy the good devates and the community that cares and is trying woth ur bs. poor me attitude.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I'm not sure I follow,how does alliences that get docked (aw rating deduction ,300 I hear) still maintain tier 1 points* as op has stated .
    *Guessing tier 1 points means tier 1 multiplier
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    First i would like to acknowledge the steps taken to make war better and stop the cheating. of all kinds. I also think more things are coming. this isnt a post to about what i think you should do but the time frame of it. To many alliances have had there season busted, lost rewards, used uncessary itmes or even lost a war that would have bumped them to the next braket. When an alliance gets punished for piloting and gets there war rating docked they can match lower alliances while maintaing tier 1 points. What really happens in this current format is the cheating alliance gets a item free win. while the lesser alliance gets a loss, forced to use items other wise wouldnt, 100%ing being the goal to somewhat save ur season, and miss out on potential win rewards that day. So who really got puished here. Now while i know work is still being done about this, id like to ask Kabam, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra to please recognize that this is not ok. I know pepole who have lost a spot in a higher tier, wastd items, and even quit. When a plat 3 ally or less has to face a master ally, i want you to ask your self who really got punished here. Then please recognize this is hurting your game more then anything and please make it a priority. Please stop alowing these cheating alliances to face lesser alliances who play your gaem with integrity and hard work. You are loosing players becasue of this. Also war is becoming less fun and less desirable. Please take this to your higher ups with haste and stop punishing alliances who play your gaem with integrity. I think its time to stop giving out rewards to any alliance being cought piloting, but at least make it so only them get punished.

Fun math (before this post gets ****canned):

Alliances bumped from plat1 or higher: 24
    Alliances under plat1 but over silver 1: 4,450

Statistically you have a better chance to pull a decent 5 star from featured than match up against a fallen alli.

I should point out that while this is technically true, match ups aren't completely random. It is very likely that the odds of some alliances facing the bumped alliances are essentially zero, while the odds of other alliances facing them are remarkably high. That's due to the way the game currently matches alliances for war: it currently (and incorrectly despite the many players who begged for this feature) tries to find a good match for your alliance by looking for alliances with similar war rating *and* alliance rating.

Most alliances that have similar war rating have similar alliance rating, so there's a high density of alliances to match against. But some alliances have radically different alliance rating compared to other alliances of similar war rating. For example, if you're an alliance that sells lower champs, or you're just really good at fighting in AW, your war rating could end up much higher than average compared to similar alliances of similar alliance rating. And that means there are fewer alliances "like you." Which means match making takes longer, and eventually the game starts widening the match criteria to find you any match which means you can be matched against alliances with significantly different ratings.

Alliances that are penalized for cheating fall into this category of "misfit ratings." It is more likely that they will be matched against other misfits, because there aren't any alliances with their ginormous alliance rating but relatively lower war rating.

So bottom line, if your alliance is a "misfit" you are far more likely to get matched against cheaters than if your alliance is more "normal" in ratings. So some alliances might never see the cheaters, and others might see them repeatedly.

This is one of the many, many ways in which the playerbase shot themselves in their own foot by begging for the game to match them only against alliances of similar alliance rating for "fairness." And that bullet bounced off the pavement and struck innocent bystanders besides.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    This is not the only issue going on with aw. While it is during seasons you also now have the off season issue of some alliances purposely tanking wars by either doing a 3bg war and only half join or throwing in r1/2 champs. To purposely drop aw rating so once season starts they can steamroll thru first week or two of matches