**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenpool arena

Comments

• Options
    Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    So whats the expected cutoff for Gwenpool? Missus want to grind... shes jelly of my 4* GP lol
    Are we really looking at 6mil+ or would it be more realistic for 3-5mil mark?
  • Options
    StarryKnightJStarryKnightJ Posts: 22
    Adzomatic wrote: »
    Perks of being a newbie. I can get her with 1.2 Mil points. *evil laugh*
    we were all there once, just don't envy you after your 2x months are up
    Now that was a bummer, I completed my 2 months on 8 July. Now I'm scared.....

how did you know 2 months is up?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Mr_Wiff wrote: »
    All of you that say she won't go above 5 mil had better not complain when you miss her. She will go for the same as Hyperion or at least very close to.

Anyone actually stopping at their own arena prediction is frankly an idiot.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    You cannot do LOL with 4 star GP. People here dont know what they are talking about

That doesn't disqualify you from being great. There are many great champs who aren't geared towards LOL.
  • Options
    You cannot do LOL with 4 star GP. People here dont know what they are talking about

What does that have to do with anything?
  • Options
    VoodoopVoodoop Posts: 4
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Nice I am at 4 mil gotta get my game up
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Gwenpool is pretty high demand. Like what OP said, you probably have a chance at her if you can get 6m. Since I'm feeling nice, I can frankly say you should NOT stop at 6m and you should keep going, since Gwenpool is a highly sought after champ.
  • Options
    ApusahaApusaha Posts: 16
    i grinded once and able to made only 2.7 mil thats it. But since then i build up my roster a bit higher too but comparing with effort and time.. nah... i better be happy at 11% always do arena only to get place in 11-26% easy job. Get shards units chips and that excitement when your goanna open up another 4s crystal.
    Well, good luck guys whoever grinding her. Hope u guys get her..
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 145 ★★
    Gwenpool is the best skill champ in the game like Hyperion is the best cosmic in the game. She'll go for 6 millionish (even though Hype is better).
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    you Can But it wil cost more Thah 6k. Unit.

• Options
    McHaMsMcHaMs Posts: 2

Please! Don't call people out when you are the one not knowing what your talking about. You can easily do it with GP. will take around 7-9k units. she isn't ideal but that is not the point either. She can do Labyrinth fine
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    McHaMs wrote: »

Please! Don't call people out when you are the one not knowing what your talking about. You can easily do it with GP. will take around 7-9k units. she isn't ideal but that is not the point either. She can do Labyrinth fine

Honestly in theory u could do it with 4 star Spider Gwen (yes the other Gwen) if u have mad skills. But I feel its pretty hard to do LoL with 4 star GP. With a 5 star possible but 4 star seems unlikely (in practical terms).

But hey I could be wrong I guess!
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I just want her because I love her chubby legs and pillowed ass.

But I'll not be grinding 6mill or more for nobody, please I should make a life.
    And lags/crashes/loading times don't help making it simple.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I'm curious, you guys are talking about the 10% cutoff or top 50?
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »

Lol the former of course. People just want her, the class gem rank up is just the icing on the cake if you overgrinded.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »

Lol the former of course. People just want her, the class gem rank up is just the icing on the cake if you overgrinded.

I was thinking about Grinding to Awaken her but I'll wait and see how much energy I have to invest. Work this week. Lol.
  • Options
    AncientTouchAncientTouch Posts: 24
    Adzomatic wrote: »
    Perks of being a newbie. I can get her with 1.2 Mil points. *evil laugh*
    we were all there once, just don't envy you after your 2x months are up
    Now that was a bummer, I completed my 2 months on 8 July. Now I'm scared.....

how did you know 2 months is up?

I remember starting the game on 8 May.. So yeah 2 months are up
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I got to 8 mil in a 256 streak and lost. Lol
  • Options
    Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    Currently at 7m+. Will push until the end. Learned my lesson during the hyperion arena. Lost out not by much coz I thought my score was high enough
  • Options
    djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    @Maverick75 we had it once it was way back then and it was hawkeye as milestoe reward and arena ws black bolts :)
  • Options
    Slasherx44Slasherx44 Posts: 20
    Gwenpool will probably go for 7 million, which is just ridiculous. By the time we get to iceman, the basic cutoff could be as high as 8 million. I know arena is supposed to be competitive, but at what point is it just not worth the effort.
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    The cutoff keep increasing is all due to we all know the cutoff.

Everyone who wanted the champ will always hit higher than the last cutoff.
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    I'm in 7.8 mil now lol
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Slasherx44 wrote: »
    Gwenpool will probably go for 7 million, which is just ridiculous. By the time we get to iceman, the basic cutoff could be as high as 8 million. I know arena is supposed to be competitive, but at what point is it just not worth the effort.

That's for each individual to decide isn't it?
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    @djmindblazer
    I remember very well. But it is not a reason to not reintroduce this system. We never knew why Kabam didn't keep on this way. But as we can all see that's not the same context. Simply look at the cutoffs of basic recent (and decent) 4*: they have never been so high despite the 1-5% bracket. The change must and can easily be done.
  • Options
    @Maverick75 of course they can never fix arena problem if they dont add 4* champ for milestone reward all type of change is pointless
  • Options
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    @djmindblazer
    I remember very well. But it is not a reason to not reintroduce this system. We never knew why Kabam didn't keep on this way. But as we can all see that's not the same context. Simply look at the cutoffs of basic recent (and decent) 4*: they have never been so high despite the 1-5% bracket. The change must and can easily be done.

The highest basic score in the prior iteration of the arena system was Nightcrawler who scored about 6.1 million in round one and about 6.4 million in round two. No basic champion has definitively outscored Nightcrawler since then. The closest was Hyperion who did score 6.4 million in round one, but only 5.8 million in round two. And Nightcrawler was six months ago: player scoring had been rising statistically by about 20k per week for basic (more for featured) under the old system. Just based on the general rising strength of arena grinders (mostly: rosters getting stronger) I would expect high value basic champs to be scoring about half a million more points. Factoring that in, no champion has gotten even close to the cumulative effort generated by Nightcrawler.

And 14.0 is going to skew scoring more. Based on my informal testing, under the 14.0 system players could score on average about 10-15% more points for the same amount of time due to the streamlining of the combat screens. Factoring that in, the ~ 6.23 million that Gwenpool looks to have generated doesn't even equal the scoring effort of Voodoo or Hyperion. Normalized to hours spent, Gwenpool's scoring effort was comparable to a pre-14.0 score of between 5.2 and 5.6 million. That places Gwenpool slightly higher than Mordo. Factoring in increasing roster strength from pre-12.0 arenas, Gwenpool generated an effective effort level of about 4.7 - 5.1 million relative to Nightcrawler.

The numbers are getting higher, but that's partially because everyone's roster is getting stronger which creeps scores upward for the same effort, and 14.0 will jump scores upward due to streamlining the arena. Adjusting for those effects, people are not putting in ever increasing effort to get the basic. They will put in higher effort for more desirable champs, but when they do they won't always honor what forum wisdom says they should do. I felt Hyperion would go for more than Voodoo, because Hyperion is good on both offense and defense. That means the odds were that more people would statistically value him higher. That drove scoring effort higher than Voodoo. The fact that many players feel Voodoo is a better champ is completely irrelevant. I figured Gwenpool would have scoring comparable to Voodoo and less than Hyperion. But with the faster scoring in 14.0, that same effort generated a higher score. None of that demonstrates anything other than arena scores generally reflecting the perceived value of the champion and the generally increasing ability for players to score higher in the arena due to strengthening rosters.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 agree new system makes grinding way faster but android usser stil; have loading screen problems + help button takes ages to send request for help. i'd say grinding on android after new system reduced by at best 5%