**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool win streak?

I see lots of thoughts on necessary points for the Gwenpool arena, but what are the win streaks you guys are getting? I ask because I've set a new personal record of over 200, but still seem very far from people scoring 5-6M+. Considering the amount of time it took for me to get to 200, I'm just wondering if it's even realistic for me to ever get to these higher amounts. Thanks for the feedback!

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Use boosts and recharge your champs, that'll make it go a lot faster.
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    The more 4* rank 5 you have, the more points you'll score with less effort.

If you're using mostly 4/40, 3/30 and 3* champs you're gonna need 300-400 rounds to score 7m for Gwenpool.

Also suicide masteries apparently help too. Not something I've tried though.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I just lost my 256 streak like a noob at 8 mil
  • MusicfreaksterMusicfreakster Posts: 36
    edited July 2017
    Maybe that's the problem. I rank 3 my 5*s and rarely rank 5 my 4*. I have 35 4* 4/40 and 3/30, so can do 11 rounds. But I'm at 225 streak and am at only 4.4M. To be at 256 and at 8M...I'm not sure I can get there. And I use up my boosts, but only have 5 per class, so they go very quick. Maybe I need to buy recharges...
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The Arena is not always about Win Streak. I'm a Grinder. Champs aren't always won by having a High Streak. It's all about Points. Most of my Champs from the Arena come from continuing if I lose a Streak. It's all about time and effort.
    That being said, the more you Rank your Champs, the more Points you get per Recharge. I would suggest Ranking. Also, check your Masteries. Higher Rating means more Points. Basically, the more Points you can earn through Ranking and Masteries, the less Matches you need to make goal.

This is an example of what you don't want to follow. It is entirely true that you can lose your streak over and over and still score a lot of points to win a champ in arena. Since this is a contest amongst your peers, every streak you lose, you fall behind your peers that don't lose their streak. That means you have to now play more fights than your peers just to make up the points you just lost. Mind you, there is zero reason to lose your streak aside from falling asleep while playing. There is no reason to grind harder for the same amount of points.

I'm at about 223 fights and have about 6.6M. I have 13 r5 and about the rest are r3/4. I don't run suicides. If I ran suicides, I figure my points would probably be around 7M+ for the same amount of fights cause from what I remember suicides got me about 250k more per 100 fights. Of course I had less r5s back then so it would probably be more now.

The difference between a r5 series and a r4 series is about 6k-9k...meaning 3 r5s in a series gets me roughly 30k-33k points where a r4 series will get me about 24k. Huge difference.

OP, if arena is your thing, run suicides for points. At the very least get an army of r4s...r3s are all but a waste of time for me in arena. 3*s are even worse, total waste of time even fighting with them for me, I prefer the free time versus grinding with them.

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I've got 7.5 mil at 278. I have no 5/50s, all 4/40 or 3/30 4* (didn't bother with any 3*), used a few boosts that were going to expire but no refreshes, and I have full suicides to boost PI. If you do not have a lot of 4*, then 3* with boost is about equivalent in points to 4/40 4*, so you can still compete that way.
  • ChallengerChallenger Posts: 38
    The Arena is not always about Win Streak. I'm a Grinder. Champs aren't always won by having a High Streak. It's all about Points. Most of my Champs from the Arena come from continuing if I lose a Streak. It's all about time and effort.
    That being said, the more you Rank your Champs, the more Points you get per Recharge. I would suggest Ranking. Also, check your Masteries. Higher Rating means more Points. Basically, the more Points you can earn through Ranking and Masteries, the less Matches you need to make goal.

This is an example of what you don't want to follow. It is entirely true that you can lose your streak over and over and still score a lot of points to win a champ in arena. Since this is a contest amongst your peers, every streak you lose, you fall behind your peers that don't lose their streak. That means you have to now play more fights than your peers just to make up the points you just lost. Mind you, there is zero reason to lose your streak aside from falling asleep while playing. There is no reason to grind harder for the same amount of points.

I'm at about 223 fights and have about 6.6M. I have 13 r5 and about the rest are r3/4. I don't run suicides. If I ran suicides, I figure my points would probably be around 7M+ for the same amount of fights cause from what I remember suicides got me about 250k more per 100 fights. Of course I had less r5s back then so it would probably be more now.

The difference between a r5 series and a r4 series is about 6k-9k...meaning 3 r5s in a series gets me roughly 30k-33k points where a r4 series will get me about 24k. Huge difference.

OP, if arena is your thing, run suicides for points. At the very least get an army of r4s...r3s are all but a waste of time for me in arena. 3*s are even worse, total waste of time even fighting with them for me, I prefer the free time versus grinding with them.

Suicides in mastery meaning all those that come after glass cannon? are they good for grinding because the boost of attacks increase the PI, thus more points?

I have a streak of 330 now, yet I only hit 7m, don't know if I'll get her, it's really tiring, if I don't, I'll be really frustrated.
    Challenger wrote: »

Suicides in mastery meaning all those that come after glass cannon? are they good for grinding because the boost of attacks increase the PI, thus more points?

I have a streak of 330 now, yet I only hit 7m, don't know if I'll get her, it's really tiring, if I don't, I'll be really frustrated.

Yes, trust me, work smarter not harder.

Thank you! I'll work on getting the masteries down right away!

Thank you! I'll work on getting the masteries down right away!

Yes they impact your score over the long haul. If I did 300 fights back in the day with my old roster, I would gain 750k more just from suicides. That could be the difference between making/missing the cutoff. Also focus on ranking your 4s to r4 where you can. To r5 if possible.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    320 streak. 8.65 million.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    I had 5.3mil at 200, 6.7mil at streak 254.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Yes, although I just run glass cannon myself and even that adds significantly to points.

More than enough.
    Also to add to this thread, do some research on arena mastery setups. They will help you maximize your Pi for the best arena score you can achieve.
  • stakstak Posts: 88
    Finished with a streak of 458.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited July 2017

Correction, I'm the Grinder. You're the Grounded.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yes, although I just run glass cannon myself and even that adds significantly to points.

More than enough.

Got her and very happy with her so far, working on duping her now. Thanks!
    Also to add to this thread, do some research on arena mastery setups. They will help you maximize your Pi for the best arena score you can achieve.

Will do, I wanna save as much time as possible.