**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Epic Occult Labs 4* Challenge

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
Lots of players are saying Epic Occult Labs Difficulty is too much. I recorded an Epic Occult Labs run today using 4* versions of Hyperion, Void, Magik, Iceman, and Killmonger. I played well for much of the run but made plenty of mistakes. It took me 6 revives, 15 potions, and 8 randomizers to finish Epic Difficulty. I uploaded the run to YouTube with notes in the video description sections. Check out the video here, hope this shows other players 4*s are enough to get Epic Occult Labs rewards:

https://youtu.be/k6asLlWDGLU

Comments

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    6 revives is all I needed to hear. I'll stick to my 5*s and keep it moving. Can't waste precious resources on this event.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Kennado wrote: »
    6 revives is all I needed to hear. I'll stick to my 5*s and keep it moving. Can't waste precious resources on this event.

I've used 0 items the other 3 items I used my 5* champions
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Ex
    Kennado wrote: »

I've used 0 items the other 3 items I used my 5* champions

Exactly.
  • it is hard yes but doable :smiley:
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Lots of players are saying Epic Occult Labs Difficulty is too much. I recorded an Epic Occult Labs run today using 4* versions of Hyperion, Void, Magik, Iceman, and Killmonger. I played well for much of the run but made plenty of mistakes. It took me 6 revives, 15 potions, and 8 randomizers to finish Epic Difficulty. I uploaded the run to YouTube with notes in the video description sections. Check out the video here, hope this shows other players 4*s are enough to get Epic Occult Labs rewards:

https://youtu.be/k6asLlWDGLU

Kind of defeats the purpose of using 4* an saying it's not too difficult if you use lots of revs an pots.
    @Jaffacaked @Markjv81 Did you guys watch the video or just read my OP's text?

@Jaffacaked 4 of those 6 revives went to a 6* duped IMIW with max sig ability who had optimist, power gain, and resistor. Once he had under 18% health he gained a bar of power every 4-5 seconds and had permanent auto-block. I also mentioned I made plenty of mistakes during the run, I shouldn't have needed to use items to clear Ultron OG and Sentry.

@Markjv81 My OP was to show 4*s could complete an Epic Occult Labs run, not show it's sustainable to do every Epic Occult Labs run with 4*s. Except for The Collector and T5BC AW bosses in tier 1-5 enemies don't have 9-11K+ attack with 100K+ health. I've yet to use revives or potions on Epic runs when using my main champs. No one should expect 4*s champions to clear multiple enemies of that difficulty with sustainable item use.

I'm looking forward to Kabam releasing future content as difficult as and more difficult than Epic Occult labs. It's fun to need my strongest champions to clear game content without using items:

https://youtu.be/i_97Is45078

https://youtu.be/V48o6BTJV2c
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited October 2018
    LOL.....YOU DIED ON FIRST FIGHT MULTIPLE TIMES and the champ you fought wasn't even half dead.......and you say it's NOT that hard and "doable" LOL. ....thanks for the laugh.......

And it took you half time it does a person beat ROL for ONE run.....no one got time for that. LOL yeah cuz everyone just has all those potions and revives to use ON ONE run...lol
    edited October 2018
    I'm calling BULL. Even on Master the Occult lab is ridiculous hard. There's too ma y negative Randomizers for half these matches to be playable.....Buffet, Aspect of Death, Healblock on same champ

Explosive Personality, 300% power gain, 200% power gain and Prove Yourself On same champ......30k for Master recommendation........why don't u just say it, if u don't have decent 5 stars your screwed. No more than 3 cramp nodes per champ is more than enough of a challenge! I hope next time labs are on you make it reasonable for MAJORITY of your player base NOT just for your top spenders!
    LOL.....YOU DIED ON FIRST FIGHT and the champ you brought wasn't even half dead.......and you say it's NOT that hard and "doable" LOL. ....thanks for the laugh.......

The AI cheats, it's faster and on too that a bunch nodes that are unavoidable damage.....no bro ur point is moot.

@Unknown_Soldier Epic Difficulty recommends a team PI of 40K+. If you don't have a team at that level you'll benefit from grinding arena for shards and completing in-game content that rewards the resources needed to take 5*s to r4+. I'll say for the 2nd time that I wasn't trying to show 4*s can handle Epic Lab runs every time. Also, spending is optional if you work on improving your MCOC skills. Even Labyrinth of Legends can be explored using 0 units when you save revives from solo milestones and quests and grind potions from ROL.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    99% of content is for that "MAJORITY" of player base ... let the 1% content stay difficult ...

@Haji_Saab Agree 100%, players shouldn't feel entitled to complete game content they're not yet ready for.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I'm calling BULL. Even on Master the Occult lab is ridiculous hard. There's too ma y negative Randomizers for half these matches to be playable.....Buffet, Aspect of Death, Healblock on same champ

Explosive Personality, 300% power gain, 200% power gain and Prove Yourself On same champ......30k for Master recommendation........why don't u just say it, if u don't have decent 5 stars your screwed. No more than 3 cramp nodes per champ is more than enough of a challenge! I hope next time labs are on you make it reasonable for MAJORITY of your player base NOT just for your top spenders!

Honestly, in my runs the worst node I've found is 300% power gain and Cornered. These are most common and I don't even know how to control that much power, even 1 hit gives them one bar of power. I used 4 randomizers and each time the 300% PG was there.

I call BS on these random buffs, they are not that random TBH, specifically designed to make your life hell. I am clearing Master without using items (except randomizers, maybe 2 or 3) but epic is beyond my skill (given the lag on android). Going against 6 boss level champs and spending 40 minutes is no fun, given the paltry rewards.

This is pretty much what you'd do in a celebrity challenge or one of those challenges where you go through boss level champs and get much higher rewards.