**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Meh October Champs

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Kabam, buddy, old pal, what’s the matter with you?

Coming off the coat-tails oh Hiem-Daddy, Korg, Domino, the Black Order, Infinity duo, Void, Gulk and KM, plus the backdoor Colossus buffs (I mean Emma and Omega Red)… what happened?

These were your own unique champs you could basically do whatever with and you make Supreme rather meh and the duck downright convoluted and confusing. I can look at the duck in 2 weeks, but SymPreme?

He’s literally what if DS could bleed during fury stance and get all 3 when he launches Sp3. He’s literally a stronger Strange with Bleed…

Not only is that unimpressive, but it’s rather lackluster with like 3 lol champs this year, power creep fast enough to be in he indie500 and ultimately a joke when you realize that he’s so generic as a mystic champ. “DS… more Stagger and nullify, add bleed occasionally, make the Sp3 combine his abilities”

I get the point is it’s what if DS was a Venom host but you can’t have fun with it? No stealing the staggered buffs? No delving into Stranges more dark and powerful spells? No Degen spells, no playing up the Symbiote aside the bleed and Sp1 for the most part?

What makes it worse is that this is our DS buff. The one champ rendered useless by the nerf hammer and one of the handful not allowed as a 5*… and now you made a literal upgraded version that will be both 5* AND 6* available in respective timeframes.

👎

Comments

• Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Symbiote supreme is good
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    He looks so cool. I would actually want to try and go for him to use him. If his abilities didn’t seem so meh. I mean he’s boring. He doesn’t really do anything. Not much utility other than stagger and nullify which is old and so many other champs do it. Plus he has a blessing that basically grants him CAIW’s mystic synergy. Nothing new and exciting here nor any really great utility. All that’s here is a really great looking champ.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Could have been better though
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I actually really want Symbiote Supreme. Been reading his spotlight and sounds similar to DS but unique in his own way as well. Definitely a champion I feel as if I would really enjoy using, there’s more to him than just “DS with bleed”. Venom the duck I’m not really bothered about though personally, not to say he’s bad, just not a fan of that particular character.
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited October 2018
    He looks real good to me - and the fact that they are allowing us players to choose the fight style like the ability venom has, is very refreshing (sp1 switches blessings)

He’s also the first champ in the HISTORY of the game that can kill a champ / severely cripple your HP in the first split-second of a fight (Corvus namely, I’m sure other will pop up with further testing).

Abilities:
    Fury, nullify , armor break, stagger, nullify damage, perfect block, protection buff, power steal, bleed, weakness...I think that’s it- how minimal hey!?

And his sp3 should be amazeballs since it allows all those things listed above to be accessible for 15 seconds (all three blessings will be active)

I for one think this is a great champ on paper and I hope to get one soon and confirm my thoughts!

Thanks.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,769 ★★★★★
    Is SSupreme at similar strength to pre v12 DS?

I still don't have DS so no opportunity to use the champ.
  • Options
    Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Kabam, buddy, old pal, what’s the matter with you?

Coming off the coat-tails oh Hiem-Daddy, Korg, Domino, the Black Order, Infinity duo, Void, Gulk and KM, plus the backdoor Colossus buffs (I mean Emma and Omega Red)… what happened?

These were your own unique champs you could basically do whatever with and you make Supreme rather meh and the duck downright convoluted and confusing. I can look at the duck in 2 weeks, but SymPreme?

He’s literally what if DS could bleed during fury stance and get all 3 when he launches Sp3. He’s literally a stronger Strange with Bleed…

Not only is that unimpressive, but it’s rather lackluster with like 3 lol champs this year, power creep fast enough to be in he indie500 and ultimately a joke when you realize that he’s so generic as a mystic champ. “DS… more Stagger and nullify, add bleed occasionally, make the Sp3 combine his abilities”

I get the point is it’s what if DS was a Venom host but you can’t have fun with it? No stealing the staggered buffs? No delving into Stranges more dark and powerful spells? No Degen spells, no playing up the Symbiote aside the bleed and Sp1 for the most part?

What makes it worse is that this is our DS buff. The one champ rendered useless by the nerf hammer and one of the handful not allowed as a 5*… and now you made a literal upgraded version that will be both 5* AND 6* available in respective timeframes.

👎

So do you want champions like Emma ,omega ,Hydra adoptoid in every event??
    If the new champions are is let them as it is...
    No one wants every monthly quest to be super hard that will be tough to take down even by r5 5*
    They will rework on it after some years if they want but considering symboide difficulty the champs they design is more than average
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Well, he literally is DS in Symbiote form, so obviously there will be similarities.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Headroller that’s only because of the OP node in EQ… naturally his Stagger doesn’t deal any damage.

Vivek, my biggest gripe is that he’s so bland. He feels like a late 16 early 17 champ when they just stared playing with more abilities but were Hit or Miss.

Grounded while understand he’s still Strange… THATS MY POINT! They literally restricted his weaker version to 4*! This one is a nearly uninspired upgrade “Add added benefits to each phase and make them semi-controllable/changeable”

I’d be less upset if instead of the generic trio of buffs plus added bonuses they did it more like Sentry which is something I never thought I’d say.
    •replace fury with with medium attacks bleed
    •swap armor light attacks drain power
    •the third one have his heavy attacks place a new buff on the enemy like Voodoo’s Loa but have them weaken all the other buffs an enemy has and have them expire naturally so they feed his power gain more.

Just spitballing but as is he’s literally NOTE for NOTE an improved version of a 4* limited champ and he’s STILL underwhelming as far as his mechanics go. Heck even Masacre and CAIW pull off “generic” better than Supreme can
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited October 2018
    Chthon’s Cunning - Passive
    • 100% chance when this Blessing is triggered to immediately Nullify all Buffs off the Opponent.
    • 709.8 Direct Damage is Passively dealt to the Opponent for each Buff Nullified, based on Genetic Potential.

@Epsilon3
    This is always what he will be starting fights with, meaning if you fight him anywhere even away from a node like arenas, he will still deal you sizeable damage in a split second based on starting buffs. I agree that the EQ made it insanely boosted but this guy in AW on a boosted node or mini boss node.....it will get nasty.

Thanks!
  • Options
    There are a lot Champions who don't have any buffs or a lot of passive abilities and there will definitely coming more Champs. That's why I'm not so thrilled about him. But he does look dope.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Symbiote supreme will be insane on buffet, like, for one if he’s in Cithons Cunning then you will take damage and he gets that regen, as well as that genetic potential which gives him more power...if nothing he’s a defender