Please note that when we enable the 1 Loyalty Cost for Revives in Alliance Wars for Season 34, they will not be visible from the screen that appears when you choose to Revive or Heal a Champion from the Fight Screen.

You will be able to purchase Revives from the Loyalty tab in the Store Menu.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

189111314

Comments

  • BattlecryGWJBattlecryGWJ Posts: 20
    edited October 2018
    Ok, very odd, but pleasantly surprising... logged in tonight and it looks like everything is loading correctly for me though there didn't appear to be any game updates either through the google store or new in-app downloads.

    Now if only I could get back the energy, catalysts, items and dungeons or whatever the daily thing is this month that I've been missing out on...
  • TheRealSugarTheRealSugar Posts: 7
    Update: My game started randomly working for me again. There was an update last night, but it was still glitchy the entire day, until now. Strange. Maybe some kind of test by them? Or something funky going on with the servers.
  • PATTAYPATTAY Posts: 11
    Uninstall and reinstall. It FINALLY worked for me. Still no announcement from kabam or the moderators though, Unbel!
  • Manar198xManar198x Posts: 107
    Game seems to be working fine now.
    Silent resolution.
    Better late than never.
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    Well shoot, I didn't see that one coming. Good on Kabam for resolving this issue.

    However, it should not have happened in the first place. Many summoners, myself included, missed out on the grind for Proxima Midnight and (though not as impactful) a handful of days to work through Epic UC.
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 39
    first ,to all whose issue got solved , good for you guys, congrats.

    today after login on my air 2 , i found the ui display glitch, usally it disappears after re login . but this time after re login several times , it didn't go away .
    so i reinstall the game , guess what , BIG mistake : the missing image & long loading glitch happened .

    It seems they didn't actually fix the issue ,instead just moved it around.
    i wonder if this happened to other players.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Am i the one who experienced this long venom the duck screen ? Gonna hate my screen because looking at venom the duck too long. The biggest problem is, after i activate my boost for summoned symbiote, then tap fight, every time i will waste my time waiting this loading screen, or i will force quit, then restart the fight with half health point. Why why whyyy
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    edited October 2018
    you quit while it is loading your fight it counts as a loss. just wait for it to load.
    if you are experiencing long loading times i think you may need to look at upgrading your phone.
    every time a new version of the game is released it is bigger and more advanced and requires more system resources than before.
    just as a PC game requires higher specs to run well.
    long loading times is mostly an indicator of your device falling behind in performance.

  • Not working for me...
  • It's not an issue with the phone the long loading time is real and it's annoying as hell!
  • This happens often along with long loading times.8qv36kdx0h2z.png
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Happens to me as well, no other issues with any other games or apps on my phone
  • BeeyaaaBeeyaaa Posts: 11
    Indeed, it's working now, them silent Kabam ninjas !!!
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    So, it seems to be working for roughly half of the people in this thread... That's odd. I wonder if it has to do with what phone we're all using? I'm on a Pixel 1, I don't know what the rest of y'all use.

    For those of you still struggling with the game, I'll be watching for a speedy resolution to you too. Any word on Kabam's part would be appreciated.
  • loading screens takes soooooooooooooo long pls take care of this asap ...
  • Planc2007 wrote: »

    Not sure how but after seeing "The problem has been solved" I reopened the app and it worked just fine. There wasn't an update or anything, it just started working as it should.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 170 ★★
    I just tested on my end and can confirm that the assets are now loading as expected. Even cleared the cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, and the game loaded without missing images.

    Its slower and laggier compared to before the issue.. but "working".
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Am i the one who experienced this long venom the duck screen ? Gonna hate my screen because looking at venom the duck too long. The biggest problem is, after i activate my boost for summoned symbiote, then tap fight, every time i will waste my time waiting this loading screen, or i will force quit, then restart the fight with half health point. Why why whyyy

    OMG, I just told my wife the same thing. I have load times that never finish after fight ends or when beginning a quest...AQ and AW are even worse because even after a fresh restart it takes forever.

    Kabam, the spinner just sits there spinning and every few seconds it stops on repeat.

    I could never do a legends run ever with this. I can barely use my energy on a 1 energy per tile map so I am avoiding them LOL.

    I am on IPhone 6+...wife experiencing same issue on her phone. The only thing that doesn't have loading issues on iphone now are arenas (thank god). The massive FPS drops I was experiencing in 20.1 seem to be gone, but now both my wife and I are dealing with this loading issue. Please help!
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115
    ioyga8o8ya2j.png

    Iphone 6s ios12
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited October 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »
    you quit while it is loading your fight it counts as a loss. just wait for it to load.
    if you are experiencing long loading times i think you may need to look at upgrading your phone.
    every time a new version of the game is released it is bigger and more advanced and requires more system resources than before.
    just as a PC game requires higher specs to run well.
    long loading times is mostly an indicator of your device falling behind in performance.

    False. This has nothing to do with space or anything like that. The game engine is the same as when the game ran fine on day one. They have added a few background maps for fights, but in all honesty, I think this is a memory leak/resource unloading issue that has been causing these lag/FPS drop/crashing/loading issues over the last yaer. It seems to get worse and worse the more characters are added and when more events that are going on at the same time. What's also weird is I think the issue is a combination of server-side inefficiency and client-side memory leak/resource unloading issue (at least for iOS) because at 2am PST-5am PST, the lag and loading are slightly better.

    The reason people with newer phones don't experience it as much is because they have much more memory to blow thru before the leak affects them, and most newer phones have 4GB+ of memory which means they can load the entire game easily into memory and not experience any slowdown. There still is obviously a problem, and someone at kabam has to have an iphone 6+ to be able to test this out on. Simply try to get thru one path in an event quest an you will experience slower loading times as you go until it becomes faster to restart the game vs waiting for teh fights to unload.
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    Even after the patch; this keeps happening! It took me 4 restarts of the game for the menu to not do this and let me actually open crystals. It shouldn't take me any.
    maen75tilzyc.jpg
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    you quit while it is loading your fight it counts as a loss. just wait for it to load.
    if you are experiencing long loading times i think you may need to look at upgrading your phone.
    every time a new version of the game is released it is bigger and more advanced and requires more system resources than before.
    just as a PC game requires higher specs to run well.
    long loading times is mostly an indicator of your device falling behind in performance.

    False. This has nothing to do with space or anything like that. The game engine is the same as when the game ran fine on day one. They have added a few background maps for fights, but in all honesty, I think this is a memory leak/resource unloading issue that has been causing these lag/FPS drop/crashing/loading issues over the last yaer. It seems to get worse and worse the more characters are added and when more events that are going on at the same time. What's also weird is I think the issue is a combination of server-side inefficiency and client-side memory leak/resource unloading issue (at least for iOS) because at 2am PST-5am PST, the lag and loading are slightly better.

    The reason people with newer phones don't experience it as much is because they have much more memory to blow thru before the leak affects them, and most newer phones have 4GB+ of memory which means they can load the entire game easily into memory and not experience any slowdown. There still is obviously a problem, and someone at kabam has to have an iphone 6+ to be able to test this out on. Simply try to get thru one path in an event quest an you will experience slower loading times as you go until it becomes faster to restart the game vs waiting for teh fights to unload.

    it may well be a combination of both things.
    there may very well be a memory leak.
    i do not have the tools required to test his on my phone.
    if it was a PC app i would be able to test it and tell you for sure.

    just because the game engine is the same does not mean there has not been updates to it and the code which take a larger toll on you device.
    there is more things going on at once then there were before with these advanced champion mechanics and fancy graphical effects leading to more info being required to be stored in ram at the same time.

    iphone 6+ is now becoming an older device and we cant be expecting it to perform the same for running MCOC as it did 1 year or 2 years ago.
    It is not just the size of the ram on newer phones but more importantly the speed of the ram, as it can read / write the data alot faster.
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 39
    MrMaat wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    you quit while it is loading your fight it counts as a loss. just wait for it to load.
    if you are experiencing long loading times i think you may need to look at upgrading your phone.
    every time a new version of the game is released it is bigger and more advanced and requires more system resources than before.
    just as a PC game requires higher specs to run well.
    long loading times is mostly an indicator of your device falling behind in performance.

    False. This has nothing to do with space or anything like that. The game engine is the same as when the game ran fine on day one. They have added a few background maps for fights, but in all honesty, I think this is a memory leak/resource unloading issue that has been causing these lag/FPS drop/crashing/loading issues over the last yaer. It seems to get worse and worse the more characters are added and when more events that are going on at the same time. What's also weird is I think the issue is a combination of server-side inefficiency and client-side memory leak/resource unloading issue (at least for iOS) because at 2am PST-5am PST, the lag and loading are slightly better.

    The reason people with newer phones don't experience it as much is because they have much more memory to blow thru before the leak affects them, and most newer phones have 4GB+ of memory which means they can load the entire game easily into memory and not experience any slowdown. There still is obviously a problem, and someone at kabam has to have an iphone 6+ to be able to test this out on. Simply try to get thru one path in an event quest an you will experience slower loading times as you go until it becomes faster to restart the game vs waiting for teh fights to unload.

    it may well be a combination of both things.
    there may very well be a memory leak.
    i do not have the tools required to test his on my phone.
    if it was a PC app i would be able to test it and tell you for sure.

    just because the game engine is the same does not mean there has not been updates to it and the code which take a larger toll on you device.
    there is more things going on at once then there were before with these advanced champion mechanics and fancy graphical effects leading to more info being required to be stored in ram at the same time.

    iphone 6+ is now becoming an older device and we cant be expecting it to perform the same for running MCOC as it did 1 year or 2 years ago.
    It is not just the size of the ram on newer phones but more importantly the speed of the ram, as it can read / write the data alot faster.

    Unlikely it has anything to do with hardware spec .

    my experience:
    no game file change until UI glitch appeared , missing images happened after unintalling & reintalling game . and then , after reinstalltion via vpn , the missing images & loading time issue go away , with the UI glitch. And now if i don't play via vpn , the UI glitch reappears .
    So it seems the issues are connection related.

    Don't get me wrong , the game added quite a lot graphic effects,some of those are hardware demanding and some are unnecessary and eye straining imho , and i guess it may cause memory leak and overheating . kabam should really optimize these things . but in this case , i don't think they're related.


  • Device and Version: Iphone 6s
    Device Operating System: IOS v12.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Tried both
    Game Version Installed: 20.1.1

    I open my game yesterday and I see this weird MS_ID_UI error everywhere!!! Not like I haven't experienced this bug before, but this time its everywhere unlike before when it was found only in some headings and the inventory. The game was literally unplayable!! I restarted the game a couple of times and there was still no change. So I did what I am supposed to do. I reinstalled the game. But once the game was back up, the condition was even worse!! There were even small images missing!!! That's not all. I thought I will restart the game again and I did. But it won't go past the damn loading screen. I'm seeing Venom the Duck for over 10 minutes now and still no change.d1cdit1pqk30.png
    4n5aeccy8y08.png
  • yuvraj1916yuvraj1916 Posts: 13
    not able to play aq due to the loading screen.when i try to play aq its struck on loading screen
  • Yay! It's finally working again for me, too. I have a OnePlus 6 and was using my old, shelved OnePlus One. It was slow and I could only play for about 30 minutes before it ground to a halt, but at least I could log in and get something done.
  • Device: iPad 4th Gen
    iOS 10.3.3 (latest for that model)
    WiFi
    Game version: 20.1.1 (problem started in 20.1.0)
    Game mode: Post-Fight "Loading.." (Sym.Duck graphic) screen

    Issue: whenever at "Loading.." screen waiting to return to the quest map after a fight (AQ, AW, monthly quest, or Lab), seems to take up to several minutes to get past Loading screen and return to map. Sometimes takes sooo long that just have to give up and restart game.
    Was happening ever since 20.1.0 (although general slowness has gone on for many versions now). Before updating to 20.1.1, I even totally deleted game, shutdown device, rebooted, and fresh install, and that did not seem to help.
    Even happens sometimes after very first fight after starting up game and doing nothing else first. While other times seems to be worse after switching apps (ie, to a chat app) and then back to game.
  • Antlive2004Antlive2004 Posts: 3
    The lag issue is driving me crazy and in a few instances I'm fighting two of the same champ
  • ANDREANHOANDREANHO Posts: 34
    No arena at the moment. Lazy questing at the moment. Loading screen issues and heavy in-game lag bring less passion even just to login.
    I'll post my Device information. Hopefully there's a future improvement for us android users. Thank you. #saveandroiduserinmcoc
    grxps30bge77.png
This discussion has been closed.