**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips for returning player catching up!

Hi!

I have been away from coc for almost 2 years time, and recently got back at it! This means I have only a very few 5 stars, and none 6 stars yet. When i left, 4 stars were still the ****... I have a lot of catching up to do!

I do have limited time to play, so grinding like crazy is difficult for me. Any good tips to catch up a bit, ranking up 5 stars mainly to have a chance once again. I seem to have trouble completing Act 4 also. Maybe I'm lacking in skill, cause people seem to finish that with even weaker champions than me.

Finally, I would love to get some solid input as to choosing masteries to maximize my chanses.

Comments

• NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I came back, in june, from a 9 months hiatus. I felt like way out of my league. After a couple of weeks soloing, I've joined an alliance. Best thing to do.
    Find an ally that will understand that you need help.
    My rating went from 204k in august 30th to 294k, now.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Yeah, I joined a slightly relaxed alliance also. Suits me perfect.

Do you have any tips on Masteries?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Check out YouTube for mastery setups. Seatin and dorky have both have nice mastery vids. Proff hoff also has a few.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Hi!

Finally, I would love to get some solid input as to choosing masteries to maximize my chanses.

Max PI mastery, minus suicides to grind arena like crazy. Some seriously useful champs upcoming in the 4 star basic arena.

Get yourself into a non-donation (map 3) alliance so you can focus on progression of your roster and not making weekly donation quotas.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    Good timing on the return. This months eq is super easy and you get uncollected rewards.
    Did they give you a units gift for returning

I can't say that i remember getting anything like that. That would have been nice!
    Hi!

I have been away from coc for almost 2 years time, and recently got back at it! This means I have only a very few 5 stars, and none 6 stars yet. When i left, 4 stars were still the ****... I have a lot of catching up to do!

I do have limited time to play, so grinding like crazy is difficult for me. Any good tips to catch up a bit, ranking up 5 stars mainly to have a chance once again. I seem to have trouble completing Act 4 also. Maybe I'm lacking in skill, cause people seem to finish that with even weaker champions than me.

Pro tip: Iron Patriot, Colossus and Kamala Khan are now the top champs in the game. LOL. Welcome back.

Hmm... Im guessing you are being funny? But what do I know, when I left Dr. Strange was bad ass
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Hi!

I know you said you don't have time to grind. But I would advise you to invest few days time in grinding. Next basic 4 star arena is corvus. Get him. Make a score of about 4 million. Get him and you will have a good champ to start with. He can help you a lot going further and then slowly build your team around 5 stars. Good luck and welcome back again.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Did they give you a units gift for returning

After 9 months hiatus, they didn't gave me anything.
  • EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    Nothing has changed. Kabam are still shady. Bait and switch from time to time. Nothing new really.
    Oh just 1 new thing which is AW season.
  • EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    Oh yeah and also they scheduled maintainance and then they have an emergency maintainance right after it.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    So, since you said before you left DS was insane, well...he’s not....he is kinda trash now, SW got majorly nerfed but is still pretty good, SL has a 400 hit cap for his sig ability, Thor gets only 2 armor breaks now, Iron fist is bad now, BW gets up to 85% reduction (not 100%), perfect block synergies aren’t a thing anymore aaannnddd look out for the fun ability called autoblock! (Modok, Medusa, Thor Ragnarok, Iron Man Infinity War, and Heimdall have this) Venom, Carnage, Luke Cage, and Red Hulk are now insanely good.
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Pro tip: stay away from the forums. Or youll find yourself leaving fairly quickly again

I am starting to understand your point...! Either that or I'm too old for this Forum. :smiley: