**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tier 4 Class Catalysts: fixing the bottleneck

2»

Comments

• sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Any option for none of the above? Just choose who you use t4cc on carefully
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,658 Guardian
    Denslo500 wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    They all generally require 4* 5/50 or 5* 3/35 to access, which is unattainable without T4CC.

Will keep grinding or quit game.
    Very hard to justify the effort for what is now mid-game content.

That's your choice, but I will point out that practically everyone that is currently beyond the T4CC bottleneck had to do more to get past it in the past than you would have to do now in the present. What you're finding intolerable everyone else simply played the game to get beyond.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    OP misspelled "T2AC"
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Tier 4 CC daily quest gives 1/4 of a catalyst for 100% completion
    This isn’t very greedy I don’t think since it takes you a month to get one if not from any other source. It would keep a steady influx of t4cc for everyone.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Reduce the amount required for rank ups
    It seems this t4cc bottleneck is one that less than 1.5 years playing people have from not having ran many map 4,5,6 AQ. Would be awesome if Kabam increases the rank up material gain rate. Up to Kabam whether or not they want to help these newer players out
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    tier 4 class catalysts are not an issue for people competing in platinum alliances i personally have 75 unopened t4 cc crystals. also all but mutant ones are full. they are a resource i dont need more of and nobody i even talk to in the game needs more of. do the event quest and get in a top 250 aq alliance youll solve this issue within a month
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    T4CC full catalysts in Master Level Event Quests
    This would help encourage lower players to start doing it 100%
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    This has gotten me thinking that maybe there are different bottlenecks at different stages in a player's progression. For the longest time I never had enough t4cc. Always had t4 basics expiring, usually had plenty of gold. Now that's not the case.

Now I hover between 600k and 1.2 mil gold, which is great, just takes a lot of arena to keep steady. As for t4cc, I have 10 mutant, about 6 science, like 5 cosmic and mystic,about 4 skill, and 1 tech. Between the current aq crystals and the previous season aq crystals, I probably have 200 map 5, 50 map 6, 100 map 4 crystals. This doesn't take into account the nearly 500 t4cc fragment crystals and roughly 40 of each type of glory crystal.

Now, thanks for hanging in through that. This past season was my first in a retirement ally, so we ran one map 5 and one map 3. I find the game much more enjoyable now and I'm able to rank the champions I need mostly at will, again thanks to a newfound interest in arena.

tl;dr: There is always going to be a bottleneck if you want to be even slightly competitive. It's just a byproduct of having multiple champs that are useful and having to make choices. If you have been playing a year and have 5* Blade, Starky, Killmonger, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Hyperion, Void, etc., it would be no fun to be able to take 6 of those champs up to rank 4 over the span of one or two months. Not to mention the challenge would be drastically reduced.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,658 Guardian
    tier 4 class catalysts are not an issue for people competing in platinum alliances i personally have 75 unopened t4 cc crystals. also all but mutant ones are full. they are a resource i dont need more of and nobody i even talk to in the game needs more of. do the event quest and get in a top 250 aq alliance youll solve this issue within a month

I believe any player in an alliance that does a lot of Map 5, 5x5 in particular but probably even as low as 55533, will over time eventually get past the T4CC bottleneck. You don't need to be in a top 250 AQ alliance to get there. Uncollected + 5x5 gets there relatively quickly, but I think any Map 5 heavy alliance does get there eventually.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Denslo500 if you are in an alliance of 5 it'll be a long grind. Find an active alliance with 30 that play every day and run 3 battlegroups in war and AQ, preferably with whatever AQ map is a little harder than you are comfortable with. It'll change the game for you.
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    They all generally require 4* 5/50 or 5* 3/35 to access, which is unattainable without T4CC.

Will keep grinding or quit game.
    Very hard to justify the effort for what is now mid-game content.

Complete ROL, Act 4 and master difficulties. They are doable using 4* r4 champs. They should give you enough t4cc to rank up you first champ. Once you have one r5, go for act 4 completion. Also you'll qualify for some of the alliances if you have one r5. Bottom line is, you should be able to fight good.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    it really depends on where you are in the game. Right now my only bottleneck is t4B. I have all t4c maxed with 80 t4C whole crystals unopened, also have 37 t1a in over flow stash. Later in game even t2a are not a problem. I am getting close to 4 t2a a month. T4b is my current problem.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    Verzz wrote: »
    It really depends on where in the game you are. T4cc used to be a huge bottleneck for me but now I have probably a dozen full cat crystals unopened and about 2k t4cc fragment crystals I can't open or will go into overflow. My bottleneck right now is definitely T2A, T5B, gold, champs worth to use those resources, and to a smaller extent t4b and t1a. T4cc is an afterthought and I am burning them by bringing all 5* champs to r3 whenever I have t4b and t1a expiring to try and keep an even progression.

That's probably because, as you said, you don't have enough T2A and T5B and you are not ranking (useless) champs since months or weeks. The day you'll get the necessary resources, T4CC will disappear in a heartbeat.

You might be right but I have been ranking “useless” 5* champs to r3 just so I don’t expire any t1a and t4b and I have about 2000 t4cc shard crystals and a dozen full crystals not to mention hundreds of the old map 5 and 6 crystals and haven’t opened any of the new map 5 or map 6 crystals since we started getting them. I think I will run out of gold first

Basically you are in my same situation and of course I have a lot of T4CC in my inventory, too bad I have ZERO mystics which are the ones I need the most. And even if I open my >1800 shard crystals I'll not get enough mystics but a lot of expiring green, yellow and red craps. That's why, for me, T4CC are still bottleneck
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    @Denslo500 in the beginning part of your mcoc journey, you'll definitely have a hard time get t1as. Then it'll be t4bs. Then that becomes t4cc. Then it's t2as. After that, t5bs. Not sure what the next is but there eventually will be. Personally, I'm always short on gold but I don't arena grind and that's why.

Your best bet in the initial stages is to run as high of AQ as you can. Save your glory to buy each of the t4cc shard crystals, once weekly. I fully agree those t4cc quests don't pay out nearly enough shards in comparison to their difficulty for players who've hit that bottleneck.

Only rank up high tier champs unless you absolutely need the utilities, like Vision for example. Saving your resources is a huge part of the game. Along with lucky pulls.

In the beginning it feels like it's really far away! But you'll get there. Your roster will grow, your champs will rank, and you'll be doing higher and higher content.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    what @crystaldsmith said is true. You will know that you have passed the bottleneck when you rank she hulk to r3 :-)
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    T4CC full catalysts in Master Level Event Quests
    This is unpopular, but I’m uncollected epic completion this month and going for exploration. I have 2 5/50s and a 3/45 Medusa. I have 5 t2a, but only one t4 cosmic. I’m sort of stuck at that 5/50-mostly4/40 level now until I get those t4cc.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    For those whose coffers are overflowing with T4CC, please let the rest of us know how you are getting them.

Completion of heroic master and epic eq every month and at least top 800-1200 ranked alliance in aq

The higher the easier