**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

symbiote event difficulty [title edited by mod for clarity]

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
First off players were really hyped for cinematic symbiote characters and we got another Duck.

To follow up with that, these Epic labs are driving people crazy more than ever. They are stressful. Not a fun feature, a very stressful one. I simply don't get it, if that was your intention.

At first look it seemed like you were throwing is a bone with the Symbiote difficulty, and I admit it was fun after the initial stress of not knowing how much boost you need to conserve. But as stated before it even began, the rewards are absolute trash if you don't nail that Featured crystal pull. So far the 6 people in my alliance that I saw open one got nailed with a useless champ/dupe, out of a crystal with such a large % pool of great pulls. You sprinkled in 33% of one T2A of which we need 4 to rank up any champion, and 1-2 sig stones of the class you're chasing, if you're lucky.

The whole event stinks of do or die like the Symbiote Supreme symbiote difficulty. You can either kill him in two combos or evade+Dexterity once and you're done for. Like the Epic labs you can breeze through one run, and get the most ridiculous buffs on another, reroll after reroll until none are left. Like the rewards, a sweet 2500 5* if you're the man, or a puny 250. If you're super lucky some T5b or 10k T2a in there to ease the pain.

Some people will always look to the positive side but I think most will agree this was a harsh month.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you couldn't explore that difficulty with a r5 sym and all those buffs then lol. There are plenty of strands if you finished the other difficulties and ran labs. Plus you now get them from the calendar. I finished and still had a few hundred strands left
  • Options
    I also only explored epic and did some minor exploration in master
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Enjoyed the monthly quest, easiest uncollected ever relabeled as epic. Summoner symbiote is great I wish we could keep him. Agree with you on the daily quests, the difficulty on epic and even master can be crazy hard for RNG rewards which can suck. I've not even bothered playing this quest for about 3 days now as I'm fed up pulling rubbish rewards, as usual kabam are tight and scrooge like with rewards and high end rank up material
  • Options
    Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    What would have wanted Kabam to gift you then?
    Personally it’s not the greatest event ever but shoot, games not crashing or overheating. You get to try for uncollected while not being uncollected with a strong champ to play around with. If you want a guaranteed god tier champ then this game would filled with blades and Corvus everywhere. You’re getting a 5* champ my guy on top of the reg rewards. Not every single you get is gonna be top tier. It’s the way of the game.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the monthly quest, easiest uncollected ever relabeled as epic. Summoner symbiote is great I wish we could keep him. Agree with you on the daily quests, the difficulty on epic and even master can be crazy hard for RNG rewards which can suck. I've not even bothered playing this quest for about 3 days now as I'm fed up pulling rubbish rewards, as usual kabam are tight and scrooge like with rewards and high end rank up material

How is at least a 5* featured over the course of the lab runs rubbish? Not to mention the chance at more shards, t2a, or t5b. If it's too hard for you then it wasn't designed for you. It happens and you'll catch up eventually
  • Options
    I enjoyed the hell out of everything this month so far tbh. The eq was as enjoyable as an eq can be. I got a free, awesome champ that cost me like 4 gold to max out. I got to run a cool and creative quest that gave me 15k shards and more and was super easy. I'm raking in a ton of sig stones and a good amount of t2a... Haven't had any t5b come my way yet tho. Have still enjoyed the labs as they're always very fun
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    What would it take to make you happy or the community for that matter?
    Its not a hard event, and the "difficulty" is offset by the enhancements you can buy with strands you get for free.

People complained about the movies event because of the energy it took.

You are complaining about this event because you didn't get the champ you wanted.

If you got what you wanted, would you made this post? Be honest.

Again, what would be acceptable rewards that would make you 100% satisfied with this event and the labs event?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

How is at least a 5* featured over the course of the lab runs rubbish? Not to mention the chance at more shards, t2a, or t5b. If it's too hard for you then it wasn't designed for you. It happens and you'll catch up eventually

Everyone I know is getting a bad champ. So let's assume most people will. Stop what are our rewards

Don't do the events if you don't want to be disappointed. Only do arena where you control who you get.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah for real, I can't agree more with GW. This month has been exactly what I've wanted from the game. It was stale 2 months ago before the brought in emma frost. her alone got me to pick up the game because she created a new challenge. And this month, wow, blew me away with the difficulty in occult labs, and then the symbiote difficulty was just a ton of fun. Creative, challenging and fresh content like this will keep an end game player playing.

two things though:
    I think the rewards could be a little more generous and i can see how people who get the shaft time after time would feel that way, but I dont feel that strain.
    and if this month was to accentuate the boosts on the symbiode, then the interface to apply those boosts needed to be better and more usable.

aside from that I think they crushed it this month.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    It was an easy event in comparison to previous uncollected events and made even easier with a free Sym given to us that had insane boosts/enchantments to just breeze through everything. Kabam has never made anything that easy for us with such great rewards.
    Complaining about a featured 5* crystal just cause you seem to have not gotten the champ you wanted? Monthly EQ's only give shards that lead to a basic crystal, which tends to lead to a garbage champ. Not gonna complain about getting an easy 5* featured, regardless of who I pulled

This Sym difficulty that was supposed to be so challenging was incredibly easy with what they gave us to finish it. Easier than any Uncollected EQ I have done
  • Options
    Lol you got a free champ that gave you every tool you needed for a free shot at a featured 5* crystal if you played wisely. Plus you got around half a t2a and some other misc stuff. You got all that regardless of your roster or luck. This all came down to not even skill but resource management. If you couldn't get that right then you were punching above your weight to begin with.

Ok I got a useless champ like everyone in my alliance so far. Useless. I reduced 5* Cwbp

You got a CHANCE at someone you wanted. Just like everyone else. I pulled loki. Think I was thrilled with that? Hell no but I'm not in here moaning about it bc I still got something I normally wouldn't have. You didn't get what you wanted, oh well deal with it, you weren't owed anything more than you got
  • Options

Everyone I know is getting a bad champ. So let's assume most people will. Stop what are our rewards

The rewards are a CHANCE at something. Not a guarantee. How do you guys not realize this?
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I got Wasp. I was pretty pleased with that
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Lol you got a free champ that gave you every tool you needed for a free shot at a featured 5* crystal if you played wisely. Plus you got around half a t2a and some other misc stuff. You got all that regardless of your roster or luck. This all came down to not even skill but resource management. If you couldn't get that right then you were punching above your weight to begin with.

Ok I got a useless champ like everyone in my alliance so far. Useless. I reduced 5* Cwbp

@SmokinSurfer Just because you had a bad pull doesn't mean the event sucked. Your negativity is based off your bad luck. If you had pulled a God tier champ from the feature would you still be complaining about the event. As far as the labs go they are a nice distraction for people who have everything else done and cost nothing to do. If you choose to spend resources to complete them because you got buffs you couldn't handle or opponents you lacked the skill to beat it's on you not kabam. I don't normally defend them but the rewards for this eq and labs are in line with the difficulty you are presented. I'd suggest you stop blaming kabam and reevaluate your roster and playing style.
  • Options

I pulled loki. Someone else in my alliance pulled corvus. We both had the same chance. He got lucky, I didn't. Not a big deal
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    All kabam needs to give us next month is a boss rush. When was the last time we had one of those?
  • Options

The rewards are a CHANCE at something. Not a guarantee. How do you guys not realize this?

I'm talking about balancing the CHANCE out with some useful items to go along with it. Because the CHANCE is miserable for most people

You knew the chance before you started. If that wasn't enough for you to complete it then you shouldn't have done it. Quit crying bc you didn't get what you wanted
  • Options
    Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344

I'm talking about balancing the CHANCE out with some useful items to go along with it. Because the CHANCE is miserable for most people

You knew the chance before you started. If that wasn't enough for you to complete it then you shouldn't have done it. Quit crying bc you didn't get what you wanted

Facts