**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Noob mistakes you made when you started the game

Comments

• FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Getting suckered into buying the over priced/underwhelming deals by Kabam.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Only ever using sp3 because it was the most "powerful".

I still do it today :D
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Can't really say buying crystals because I pulled a 4* Blade from a special crystal and now still use him every AQ
  • LostReplica23LostReplica23 Posts: 183
    Using my units on PHCs instead of masterie cores
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    not taking advantage of the 1st 3 months arena

lol

I was literally just about to type this and then I seen your comment, lmfao
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Spending units on PHCs. Total waste of units. Lol.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Not playing t4b arena for 4 months after started playing (because of lack of knowledge) and still trying to figure out how to rank up a 4* above rank3

This was back in 2015
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah I also occasionally used catalysts to level up my champs (when you could actually do that)
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I stuck around some really dysfunctional alliances long past when I should've left out of loyalty. I used units on premium Crystal's instead of masteries. I took too long to focus on building my 4 stars because my 3 stars were flashier.
  • dijitaqdijitaq Posts: 23
    joining an alliance when you can still stack will power and all the 4* i had was wolverine and luke cage. i get flack for putting them on aw defense, and i get flack when all i put on defense was 3*s.

so much happier playing this game when you don’t have to worry about other people.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Not knowing that you can swipe the chat bar to move between different chatrooms :)
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    My mistake was that every time a new challenge became available, I would jump in and use all resources to try and beat it. The smart thing to do would be wait, let the experts go first, then ask them for their advice / tips. Hope all newbies learn this lesson.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    1v1 matches in arena steady, and using all my units on PHCs
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Sold my 4* Ronan because I didn't know about awakening gems and I didn't think I'd have any way to get his signature ability.
  • AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    By pure stroke of luck... I did everything without being aware of the first easy 60 days. Got good champs from the arenas for chump change. In hindsight, I could have gotten more but the I think of others who were not so fortunate.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Sold 5 of my 4*s to get my first 5*. One was Mags. Can you guess who I pulled?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    12.0 ag for me as well. Spent a generic on rocket raccoon because I thought the ability was like starlord, plus he had the cool shield system thing (not many champs had unique abilities like that back then). I also regret r4 my 5* ws (although I was kinda forced to; had t2a expiring in my stash, luckily we got rdt so I ranked down my 4* cb to get t4cc and ws became my first r4 5)
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Avoiding arena at first because I didn't think I was ready to play against other "players" yet. Then when I thought I was ready and jumped into arenas, I tried to play more unpredictably to keep them from anticipating what I was gonna do next lol
  • Spent money for 2k worth of units and spent it all on phc =(
  • StikyStiky Posts: 79
    Used two generic awakening gems on BPcw and spidy the classic one they were my first 4* and got those awakening gems suddenly out of no where.

Not doing arean's because I thought I won't have a chance at all didn't realize there was a beginner bracket lol.

And of course my biggest mistake of them all was playing this game
  • angelocrtzangelocrtz Posts: 100
    I did not pay attention to any masteries put everything on attack it wasn’t until I join a map5 alliance I was introduce to dex and parry went from a path clearer to a boss killer
  • Selling all iso and all of my champs
  • 😝
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Wasting ISO to rank4 my 2star Thor jane foster
  • buggysitehaveaccontbuggysitehaveaccont Posts: 158
    edited October 2018
    my n00b mistake was to spend $2000 dollar trying to get a 4 star yellowjacket when he was new, each crystals were 175 units each, not 150 and i dont think 5 star existed yet except in story mode.
    I now know better to not spend a dime on kabam as they have become too greedy.

Btw, no i did not get 4star yellow jacket, 2000 units gave me cap marvel and spiderman as 4 stars(spidey still unduped lol) and 8 3stars i dont remember....worth it.....not
    just imagine what 2000 dollar could have done for a poor family in the Philippines, Thailand, India, Africa etc instead? that is a lot of rice and clean water, but i spent it on a mobile game that does not care about thier player base unless they are youtubers giving them good publicity or spending lots of money.
    now if i have extra money i go to random "dating apps" find one random and send them the money instead(we all know 99% are there to try trick ppl to send, i go there knowingly to personally donate and help random people instead of using companies that take % of what you donate ) and it feels much better helping a family to eat and survive than giving kabam the money helping them buying a new supercar or house of the week.

that was my n00b mistake and i learned from it
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    buying a carbonadium core too early and then selling it because I didn't need it yet