**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Occult Labs

12346»

Comments

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    What do you expect, all they do is reput the events with less rewards
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I quit doing them already. Not worth the headache.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I actually really enjoy the occult lab.

Challenging but the RNG rewards are enticing enough for me to do them daily but if it gets too op I just quit out of it without thinking I have lost so much time and effort.

The key is definitely having the right champions in your roster and selecting the most manageable nodes with your randomizer. I probably got 5k t5b frag and 9k worth of t2a frag so far and just gave up maybe 2 because AW attack phase and AQ map 6 ongoing and took my best champs from participating. 500 5* min daily isn't bad either if I miss out on the better rewards...
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    And yes, maybe a good time to use one of those randomizers on this:

f0mmr5vsu5gx.jpg

Instant SP3.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    And just bought more randomizers to return to a node that's back to its original. Awesome. When is that EVER going to get fixed?!?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Piviot wrote: »
    What do you expect, all they do is reput the events with less rewards

Except it isn't less rewards. There were no T5 basics in Modok.

If you get lesser rewards then for you it is less rewards. My rewards have by far been worse than MODOK'S labs. Mostly a few T4B shards and T2A shards. And not impressive numbers at that. So yes, much worse than MODOK'S labs
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Spurgeo14 fair enough. I feel the same way about rifts. Never got anything but garbage from the rifts. For me the rewards have been far better than Modok even though I've quit a few runs in the Occult Lab due to node combos I couldn't beat and bad rerolls. I will say I wish the reroll worked better. I've had runs where I haven't used any, but when I have need them it often gives you a lot of the same things you already had.
    @Spurgeo14 fair enough. I feel the same way about rifts. Never got anything but garbage from the rifts. For me the rewards have been far better than Modok even though I've quit a few runs in the Occult Lab due to node combos I couldn't beat and bad rerolls. I will say I wish the reroll worked better. I've had runs where I haven't used any, but when I have need them it often gives you a lot of the same things you already had.

Yeah, if I got better rewards I would definitely have a different opinion. But I liked having a good baseline when it came to MODOK'S lab. The guaranteed rewards were better than the terrible RNG.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Rewards suck so much with this round of land. Modoks at least guaranteed you shards w this it gives you 1-2 rolls and a chance at shards. It’s lame it’s really lame.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Also, please remove the play next option when completing.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I like them, but I appear to be an outlier, as my Epic crystals have been 40% 5* shards, 30% t2A frags, and 30% t5b frags, and I have already gained more of the last 2 resources than I did from the entirety of Season 4 War rewards.
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    @Kabam Miike can we get a drop rate for the lab 5 crystals?

You guys usually provide that, ie dimensional rifts, modok lab etc....
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Occult labs just like dungeons. A pretty good waste of time
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    I’ve now opened 40of them....each prize nowhere close to weighted evenly....it would just be nice to know what we are dealing with are 10k t2a ...5% or .000000000000001%?

Is that too much to ask
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★
    After doing/attempting these rooms the random buffs are way too much. I think there should be a cap of 4 buffs per opponent and also something in the code that does not allow duplicate buffs. Just my 2 cents after the past 31 days.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Voltolos wrote: »
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

Reroll

Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

Go buy more rerolls in the store

Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason

It matters because you will have just wasted rerolls. Its retty silly that this issue hasn’t been fixed. It was a problem back during Modoks Lab many months ago.

I’m sorry you was gonna reroll(wow thre times autowrong) you went to buy more tokens to reroll so it doesn’t matter if they was reset, seeing as you was gonna reroll anyway(the reroll failed before you left)

Of course it matters. We can only use and purchase a limited amount of rerolls. Buying rerolls costs us Gold. I’m not disputing that Peope manage this as long as they know it’s bugged, but ......

Nodes reverting back to the original state when leaving the lab map or being disconnected is a bug. It was bugged since modoks Lab several months ago and it’s still bugged now. They released the same content without addressing this known problem.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    I like them, but I appear to be an outlier, as my Epic crystals have been 40% 5* shards, 30% t2A frags, and 30% t5b frags, and I have already gained more of the last 2 resources than I did from the entirety of Season 4 War rewards.

I doubt you got 30% T5B haha
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

Reroll

Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason

It matters because you will have just wasted rerolls. Its retty silly that this issue hasn’t been fixed. It was a problem back during Modoks Lab many months ago.

I’m sorry you was gonna reroll(wow thre times autowrong) you went to buy more tokens to reroll so it doesn’t matter if they was reset, seeing as you was gonna reroll anyway(the reroll failed before you left)

Of course it matters. We can only use and purchase a limited amount of rerolls. Buying rerolls costs us Gold. I’m not disputing that Peope manage this as long as they know it’s bugged, but ......

Nodes reverting back to the original state when leaving the lab map or being disconnected is a bug. It was bugged since modoks Lab several months ago and it’s still bugged now. They released the same content without addressing this known problem.

I’m sorry I hate kascam as much as you but again you GOING to buy the rerolls so you left the map to buy the rerolls meaning that the rerolls failed in the first place so wtf does it matter if the rerolls reset(you buying more so it failed in first place)

If you have to leave the game I can kind of see your point
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

Reroll

I’m sorry I hate **** as much as you but again you GOING to buy the rerolls so you left the map to buy the rerolls meaning that the rerolls failed in the first place so wtf does it matter if the rerolls reset(you buying more so it failed in first place)

iOS players don’t always leave the Lab to purchase rerolls—can be to check something on line or respond to a message or take a call. When you leave for more than a brief moment, the game restarts from scratch on an iOS device and, along with it, the Lab fight you were on.

Dr. Zola
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    These have been the most monumental waste of my time. Rewards have just been horrible compared to effort and 0 fun factor. Yes I know it’s my fault for still doing them and yes I have a dirty feeling from it so I’ll accept that blame.
  • CELEZECELEZE Posts: 46
    Loved this Occult Labs, I ll miss them, i like the rewards and the difficulty, only did epic never missed one and no items used. Great job Kabam! Keep up with nice events
    Thank you for this!
    Worst monthly side event since...there were no monthly side events.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    edited November 2018
    DrZola wrote: »

Reroll

I’m sorry I hate **** as much as you but again you GOING to buy the rerolls so you left the map to buy the rerolls meaning that the rerolls failed in the first place so wtf does it matter if the rerolls reset(you buying more so it failed in first place)

iOS players don’t always leave the Lab to purchase rerolls—can be to check something on line or respond to a message or take a call. When you leave for more than a brief moment, the game restarts from scratch on an iOS device and, along with it, the Lab fight you were on.

Dr. Zola

^This

One time I had one in my overflow stash, after I did a reroll I didn’t want to forget to grab the one from my stash since they only last a couple days, so after I added it to my inventory I went back to the fight and it had reverted. If I had known that would happen I wouldn’t have left.

Sometimes it’s not even your choice to leave. I had the game crash right after I started a fight. I had rerolled to something manageable, started the fight and it crashed. After the crash, I opened the game and got the option on start up to restart the fight. Few seconds into the fight I realized it had reverted back to the preroll buffs/debuffs. Kabammed. Fun times.