**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

account sharing in game message

Comments

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    To be clear, I don't care either way. I would just like to know it is clear and ENFORCED, so that all are playing by the same rules. If the alliance ahead of me is "sharing" and I'm not, I would like to know that there is equality coming.

Otherwise, if everyone is "sharing" I will start doing it too, and can finally have a BG or 2 finish map 6. Lol
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017

Qwerty wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Then why is it so prevalent? I can guarantee that more than half the alliances in the top 200 do this daily.

it being prevalent and it being a bannable offense are two separate issues.

whether or not other alliances do it isn't really your concern. stay clean or risk being banned. pretty simple.

This is what I find hilarious about this thread and why it is so entertaining. Kabam is NEVER going to clarify what they will and won't ban for - and they will forever reserve their rights to ban for "account sharing". Barking up the wrong tree if you expect them to come out and specifically outline why they will or won't ban players.
  • Joeseki wrote: »
    Kabam Mike please clarify the following practices as cheating or not. I've included a list of possible actions some I think are not cheating, some are clearly cheating.

1) Logging into alliance member account to move them in AQ or AW because Real life is got them too busy, and the rest of the alliance is getting frustrated. (Different time zone can do this to an alliance)
    2) Logging into another account that you play exclusively.(You have two or more accounts)
    3) Logging into someones else account and grind basic/featured arena for them
    4) Logging into someones account and completing Master Level Quest boss for them
    5) Logging into someones account and completing RttL, LOL, ROL for them
    6) Using 3rd party software to improve your fighting skill to win

This might clarify for the community some practices you just don't care about that benefit Kabam and do not hurt the community, as opposed to practices that clearly hurt the community and Kabams detriment.

i was under the impression #1 wasn't cheating
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    Dred wrote: »
    I completely agree with the cheating aspect, people advertising to complete game content like LOL etc and getting paid for it. Not so much with account sharing within alliances. People have lives, takeing breaks and vacations. Are you saying that in order for them to do that they need to leave their alliance for the duration they are off game and then rejoin when they return, missing out on rewards as they are locked out for 7 or 10 days whatever it is. And if people go on vacation but stay in the alliance you are disabling the alliance by being a player or more down making AQ and AW more difficult or even impossible to complete. allowing people within your alliance to log in and do the odd AQ/AW fight is hardly the crime of the century. Unless you can issue some kind of holiday pass so we don't get locked out from rewards.

Again, confusion.

@Kabam Miike you need to be clear. This is either OK, or not. We need to have a definitive answer.

how much more definitive can it be?

account sharing is against the terms of service.

Then why is it so prevalent? I can guarantee that more than half the alliances in the top 200 do this daily.

Thats why people need to be banned or stop doing this. To let anyone play by their own without reliyng on other players skills
    Joeseki wrote: »
    Kabam Mike please clarify the following practices as cheating or not. I've included a list of possible actions some I think are not cheating, some are clearly cheating.

1) Logging into alliance member account to move them in AQ or AW because Real life is got them too busy, and the rest of the alliance is getting frustrated. (Different time zone can do this to an alliance)
    2) Logging into another account that you play exclusively.(You have two or more accounts)
    4) Logging into someones account and completing Master Level Quest boss for them

This might clarify for the community some practices you just don't care about that benefit Kabam and do not hurt the community, as opposed to practices that clearly hurt the community and Kabams detriment.

See? Confusion.

All y'all haggling me, and yet the rules ARE NOT CLEAR to everyone.
  • DredDred Posts: 8
    I fully suspect the message is mainly just aimed at mercy as mentioned selling their services to complete content or to boost prestige to help achieve bigger scores in AQ. I also understand that account sharing of any kind, within alliances or not is against the rules. But as we all know it is commonplace and most alliances do it to an extent. If it is enforced for even people logging in to do AQ and AW, it will need be enforced fairly and without exception across the board and banning all players involved. But that would be A LOT of players, probably 3/4 of the entire player base. Never gonna be enforced, at least not in a fair way!
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Jon0311 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

You need to explain this sharing rule, just because alliance members share their account with other members of their alliance should not constitute a ban unless they use cheat tools

Why not? Sharing with other alliance members is cheating. Cheating on a LOL run or something doesn't really effect anyone. But account sharing within the alliance give the account sharing team a distinct advantage in an Alliance war. All you need to do is have your most skilled players run the really hard fights for everybody. This isn't fair as most alliances have varying levels of skill. It isn't just about the champs.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    My dog played my mcoc. Will I be banned? Plz halp!!!111111

Sounds like someone needs to go to obedience school.

• I don't understand why this is an issue now???
    This has been going on for years
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★

Just amazing people don't get it. 1,3,4,5,6 are against the TOS and can get you banned.

1 against TOS With possible punishment
    2. This is your account and not account sharing
    3. Against TOS with possible punishment
    4. Against TOS with possible punishment
    6. Against TOS with possible punishment
    7. Against TOS of course you will definitely get banned.

CoatHang3r wrote: »
    My dog played my mcoc. Will I be banned? Plz halp!!!111111

Can he do the Labyrinth for me?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Is it really enforceable though?

If some one logs into their account in the US then an hour later in the UK this is obvious account sharing but if my mate that lives 20 minutes down the road from me logs into my account on his phone and finishes a path of AQ because I'm busy, how would they ever know?

That could just be me logging into my own account on my wife's phone while I wait for her to finish shopping
  • only really enforceable when someone finishes a LoL run
    The_One wrote: »
    Is it really enforceable though?

If some one logs into their account in the US then an hour later in the UK this is obvious account sharing but if my mate that lives 20 minutes down the road from me logs into my account on his phone and finishes a path of AQ because I'm busy, how would they ever know?

That could just be me logging into my own account on my wife's phone while I wait for her to finish shopping

only really enforceable when someone finishes a LoL run
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

See? Confusion.

What does the TOS say? if you don't know read the rules.
  • Miike, where are you? we need clarification!
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    edited July 2017
    lol in aq with one hour timers good luck doing aq 5 without the occasional help of being able to log in for one of your teammates
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    If life gets in the way of the game, then it gets in the way. If a member is unable to play for a period, play without them. You can't decide to cheat other people because it is inconvenient to not cheat.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    lol in aq with one hour timers good luck doing aq 5 without the occasional help of being able to log in for one of your teammate

We run map 5 every day and no-one has my account info.
    There's no section of AQ that has 10 paths so there's always a backup
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    What if I log in on my work phone at work, and on my iPad at home. Is that allowed? I don't want to get banned for using 2 devices.
  • Joe2007Joe2007 Posts: 2
    So we should see the top allíances be banned correct? They have their pilots for AW. So are they banned because it looks like I'll be getting the BBB involved at this point. Anyone on a tier 1 ally will be looking at a possible ban at this point.
  • Luismarquez131Luismarquez131 Posts: 164
    hurricant wrote: »
    What if I log in on my work phone at work, and on my iPad at home. Is that allowed? I don't want to get banned for using 2 devices.

that is what i do. or if i am on the go then i use my main phone and my game phone when i get home.
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 104
    he never said they would ban acct sharers. he said that that it is not allowed.
    edited July 2017

that is what i do. or if i am on the go then i use my main phone and my game phone when i get home.

But how does Kabam know thats actually me using 2 devices in two locations versus someone account sharing and 2 people logging in from 2 different places? I just want to be sure that using multiple devices is not a bannable offense. @Kabam Miike
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Haha its awesome now i can get Cap easily from arenas dem cutoffs gonna be so low
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

See? Confusion.

the rules are very clear.

are you logging into your own account -> not account sharing
    is somebody else logging into your account -> account sharing

See? Confusion.

the rules are very clear.

are you logging into your own account -> not account sharing
    is somebody else logging into your account -> account sharing

But how can Kabam know?
  • hurricant wrote: »

But how does Kabam know thats actually me using 2 devices in two locations versus someone account sharing and 2 people logging in from 2 different places? I just want to be sure that using multiple accounts is not a bannable offense. @Kabam Miike

Using your account on 2 devices yourself is okay, as long as it's you accessing the game yourself and not somebody else. I do the same. I don't want to bring my iPad to work everyday, so I use my phone at work, and my iPad at home.
This discussion has been closed.