Earlier today, there was an issue where Summoners that logged on shortly after the Login Calendar switched over for the day didn't receive the Cosmic Ghost Rider login crystal. We've fixed the issue for players receiving the crystal now but will have to collect data and send out the crystal to all players that didn't receive it next week. We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to making it right for you all.

RDTs/compensation for people affected by SS 'bugfix'?

2

Comments

  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 530 ★★
    Just because kabam labels something as a bug doesn’t mean it should be treated like it’s not kabams problem to deal with. People make decisions based on these unknown “bugs”, and get unjustly punished when they get changed. There was no reason to suspect he wasn’t working as intended. It’s not anything like the hela bug. Hers didn’t match the descriptions and such people should have been able to put 2 and 2 together, and understand it was a bug.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    It was a bug. Indicated as such by the annoucnement. Hence, not what they had intended to happen. In fact, they specified that alone, the bugs were OP, but combined, they were game-breaking. Not hard to see the truth in that when you look at the potential for that. It was a bug.
    Honestly, the demand for Tickets is so immedate and habitual now that people ask first and jusitfy after.

    They may have called it a bug, but it wasn't a bug if that's how all other staggers are supposed to work. COMBINED, they were game-breaking and I agreed that the second one was indeed a bug. Alone, the first one was just more powerful than they expected, but not game breaking. If they wanted to change the way specifically his stagger works, that's fine by me, but it doesn't justify not allowing people to rank him down if he was working as he should have been. I'm not one to just jump to demanding RDT's. I didn't think they were necessary for GP or Hela, but I think they're necessary for SS.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,696 ★★★★★
    SS Stagger was working like every other characters stagger but since his caused bleed damage it made him really good against buff characters. They should of said stagger for all characters wasn't working as intended but just saying it for him means they are nerfing him. They realized SS is gonna be able to wreck EQ bosses and possibly act 6 bosses with ease
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Just because kabam labels something as a bug doesn’t mean it should be treated like it’s not kabams problem to deal with. People make decisions based on these unknown “bugs”, and get unjustly punished when they get changed. There was no reason to suspect he wasn’t working as intended. It’s not anything like the hela bug. Hers didn’t match the descriptions and such people should have been able to put 2 and 2 together, and understand it was a bug.

    Exactly, there was nothing hinting that SS wasn't working as intended, not like what happened with Hela.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,244 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It was a bug. Indicated as such by the annoucnement. Hence, not what they had intended to happen. In fact, they specified that alone, the bugs were OP, but combined, they were game-breaking. Not hard to see the truth in that when you look at the potential for that. It was a bug.
    Honestly, the demand for Tickets is so immedate and habitual now that people ask first and jusitfy after.

    They may have called it a bug, but it wasn't a bug if that's how all other staggers are supposed to work. COMBINED, they were game-breaking and I agreed that the second one was indeed a bug. Alone, the first one was just more powerful than they expected, but not game breaking. If they wanted to change the way specifically his stagger works, that's fine by me, but it doesn't justify not allowing people to rank him down if he was working as he should have been. I'm not one to just jump to demanding RDT's. I didn't think they were necessary for GP or Hela, but I think they're necessary for SS.
    So their feedback is that it was a bug and you disagree. That's up to you.
    The only difference is what matters is what they say. If it wasn't what they intended for him and if it was game-breaking, it was necessary to change.
    As for the Tickets, you can't have it one way and not the other. This is no different than any other fix. They weren't warranted with the others, and they aren't warranted now. That becomes a Pandora's Box.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 964 ★★★
    How bad was his stagger damage? Anyone have a video or a link?

    Think over the LoL damage cap ON A 3*.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It was a bug. Indicated as such by the annoucnement. Hence, not what they had intended to happen. In fact, they specified that alone, the bugs were OP, but combined, they were game-breaking. Not hard to see the truth in that when you look at the potential for that. It was a bug.
    Honestly, the demand for Tickets is so immedate and habitual now that people ask first and jusitfy after.

    They may have called it a bug, but it wasn't a bug if that's how all other staggers are supposed to work. COMBINED, they were game-breaking and I agreed that the second one was indeed a bug. Alone, the first one was just more powerful than they expected, but not game breaking. If they wanted to change the way specifically his stagger works, that's fine by me, but it doesn't justify not allowing people to rank him down if he was working as he should have been. I'm not one to just jump to demanding RDT's. I didn't think they were necessary for GP or Hela, but I think they're necessary for SS.
    So their feedback is that it was a bug and you disagree. That's up to you.
    The only difference is what matters is what they say. If it wasn't what they intended for him and if it was game-breaking, it was necessary to change.
    As for the Tickets, you can't have it one way and not the other. This is no different than any other fix. They weren't warranted with the others, and they aren't warranted now. That becomes a Pandora's Box.

    There can be a difference between a bug and something not working as intended. With that said, I'm gonna try to restrain myself from responding to you anymore on this thread as it just seems pointless and I'm just gonna be repeating myself.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    *insert Oprah RDT pic*
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,244 ★★★★★
    If you wanted to get technical, I suppose, but they're both part-and-parcel. The bug is the cause and not working as intended is the effect.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 7,240 ★★★★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    t6tizmqafqx4.png
    g41y9x5qsxyx.png
    uejlo3ywo7am.png
    There were two things they "fixed" with SS. The second one was indeed a bug. It only started after 21.0 dropped and caused him to deal more damage than he should have been with his staggers, as it was dealing extra damage for buffs nullified earlier on the fight as well. However, I do think SS specific RDT's should be given because I do take issue with the first "bug" that was "fixed". They changed his stagger so that when multiple buffs trigger at the same time, only one of them is nullified. This was working as it should have been and was not a bug, but a direct change they decided to make to SS because when asked if this would change how stagger works with champs like Hood and Juggernaut, they said that this change was specific to SS. How is this a bug if they are singling out SS and changing how his stagger works and not how stagger works in general??

    In order to address it with him, that's the only way they could do it without redoing the entire way Stagger functions.

    Yes, I understand it may have been something they specifically needed to address with him if they saw it as over powered. What I'm saying is that this wasn't actually a bug, but a change they felt was needed for game balance. The fact that it wasn't a bug, in my opinion, means people deserve a RDT specific to SS.

    I think that's a bit of fishing for a loophole. Lol. If something has to be fixed for the balance of the game, that's what has to happen. Same thing happened with GP. I didn't agree with Tickets then either.

    Wow man, your defense just reached another level. First you say it's a bug, then when the guy proves that it is a Nerf, you back up and still defend it.

    Are you uncollected yet?

    It was a fix. I wasn't going to repeat myself. The OP is getting into semantics and I said it was fishing. It was not a nerf. It was a necessary fix. When something is game-breaking, that's what it is.
    What exactly does Uncollected have to do with the conversation? Random.

    Nerfs and necessary fixes are not mutually exclusive. Being a necessary fix doesn't make it not a nerf, and it doesn't remove the obligation for compensation for people that bought the product.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 7,240 ★★★★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It was a bug. Indicated as such by the annoucnement. Hence, not what they had intended to happen. In fact, they specified that alone, the bugs were OP, but combined, they were game-breaking. Not hard to see the truth in that when you look at the potential for that. It was a bug.
    Honestly, the demand for Tickets is so immedate and habitual now that people ask first and jusitfy after.

    They may have called it a bug, but it wasn't a bug if that's how all other staggers are supposed to work. COMBINED, they were game-breaking and I agreed that the second one was indeed a bug. Alone, the first one was just more powerful than they expected, but not game breaking. If they wanted to change the way specifically his stagger works, that's fine by me, but it doesn't justify not allowing people to rank him down if he was working as he should have been. I'm not one to just jump to demanding RDT's. I didn't think they were necessary for GP or Hela, but I think they're necessary for SS.
    So their feedback is that it was a bug and you disagree. That's up to you.
    The only difference is what matters is what they say. If it wasn't what they intended for him and if it was game-breaking, it was necessary to change.
    As for the Tickets, you can't have it one way and not the other. This is no different than any other fix. They weren't warranted with the others, and they aren't warranted now. That becomes a Pandora's Box.

    LOL in every other area of commerce, selling a bugged product doesn't magically remove any obligation from the company to the people that bought the product. That's why refunds exist. All your posts on the subject draw conclusions from a false premise.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,244 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It was a bug. Indicated as such by the annoucnement. Hence, not what they had intended to happen. In fact, they specified that alone, the bugs were OP, but combined, they were game-breaking. Not hard to see the truth in that when you look at the potential for that. It was a bug.
    Honestly, the demand for Tickets is so immedate and habitual now that people ask first and jusitfy after.

    They may have called it a bug, but it wasn't a bug if that's how all other staggers are supposed to work. COMBINED, they were game-breaking and I agreed that the second one was indeed a bug. Alone, the first one was just more powerful than they expected, but not game breaking. If they wanted to change the way specifically his stagger works, that's fine by me, but it doesn't justify not allowing people to rank him down if he was working as he should have been. I'm not one to just jump to demanding RDT's. I didn't think they were necessary for GP or Hela, but I think they're necessary for SS.
    So their feedback is that it was a bug and you disagree. That's up to you.
    The only difference is what matters is what they say. If it wasn't what they intended for him and if it was game-breaking, it was necessary to change.
    As for the Tickets, you can't have it one way and not the other. This is no different than any other fix. They weren't warranted with the others, and they aren't warranted now. That becomes a Pandora's Box.

    LOL in every other area of commerce, selling a bugged product doesn't magically remove any obligation from the company to the people that bought the product. That's why refunds exist. All your posts on the subject draw conclusions from a false premise.

    Except that little TOS which everyone should familiarize themselves with. You're not acutally buying anything. You're leasing permission to use their product. A product that they reserve the right to change as they see fit, for the sake of the game itself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,244 ★★★★★
    We do not purchase anything. We lease the permission to use it. We have no proprietary ownership of our Accounts, the Champs, any of the contents thereof. There's literally no takeaway. If the game folded tomorrow, we wouldn't have a take-home. As for Refunds, there's also a section in the TOS about that, but aside from that, the platforms will do it regardless because of their own policies.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    How bad was his stagger damage? Anyone have a video or a link?

    yeah... this bad.....
    crazy insane completely OP and broken no questions asked.
    UC difficulty aegon from 86% health to dead in a split second.
    that is crazy and needed to be fixed no matter what way you look at it.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/9v277o/well_that_was_easy/
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 13,809 ★★★★★
    Hes still a solid champ. You guys just want RDTs because "easy buttons" get taken away.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    and people are saying he was released a month ago and they took this long to fix him are just wrong....
    the big bug and what broke him beyond belief him came out in with the ve 21 release. he was fixed merely hours after that.
    pretty quick response time if you ask me.
    the severe damage delt by him is something that could not be left alone.

    he was broken beyond anything we have seen. he made pre v12 thor look like a baby.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    I mean it clearly says in his description next buff triggered. Not next buffs triggered.

    fi6skue3ttl1.jpeg

    To those that say other champs stagger removes all buffs how bout this?
    Its just the same how nullify sometimes nullifies one buff and sometimes nullfies all buffs depending on who applies it and how they apply it why cant stagger be the same hey?
    SW critical hit nullify = nullify one buff
    Magik sp3 = nullify all buffs
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    I mean it clearly says in his description next buff triggered. Not next buffs triggered.

    fi6skue3ttl1.jpeg

    To those that say other champs stagger removes all buffs how bout this?
    Its just the same how nullify sometimes nullifies one buff and sometimes nullfies all buffs depending on who applies it and how they apply it why cant stagger be the same hey?
    SW critical hit nullify = nullify one buff
    Magik sp3 = nullify all buffs

    But what about when multiple buffs trigger at the same exact time? They are all the "next buff that triggers". Sure, it could be debated whether or not it's supposed to stagger one buff or multiple buffs if triggered at the same time, but other champs' staggers are worded pretty much the same way, that it nullifies or prevents the "next buff" from activating. Yeah, they could say stagger is only supposed to negate a single buff, but they confirmed themselves that this change is specific to SS and doesn't affect the stagger of other champs even though they're worded similarly. That's where the issue is. Also, if they decide that all staggers should only nullify a single buff, then buffet and masochism nodes need fixed as well.
  • What is happening to those who spent there hard earnt money on this champ ranking them up if there was a bug with the champion that also means there was bug in the Monthly event all the resources used to fight SS what about those also when you parry you are meant to place a stagger that is not working
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 987 ★★★
    This is proof of inconsistencies in this game and the lack of sincere communication.

    It reiterates the fact that they can change anything and everything without consequences or a second thought about the player base. Also the changes will always happen after the eq.

    If they have been releasing bugged champs, then fixing them, then why not have them test first and then release as bosses, but oh no that would affect the turnover.

    Who's to say that Aegon or the champion are working as intended.
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Mathking13 wrote: »
    No matter which way you look at it, the 'bugfix' for Symbiote Supreme is shady. Released only a few hours after the end of the Symbiomancer Event Quest, this change has made Symbiote Supreme a TON less useful than before. Seriously, show me why this ISN'T shady.

    I have not been directly affected by this change, but I know at least a couple of people that have. Numbers of people have probably ranked up and awakened this champion, just to have said champion become significantly less effective.

    I am just wondering whether Kabam has any intention to provide compensation and/or Rank Down Tickets (specifically for SS) for those affected by this MASSIVE change. I hope you guys do though, cause this shadiness will hurt you a lot (at least in the way of respect from your player-base).

    Also, as a recommendation for future instances of similar bugs, I'd say telling us about the bug AS SOON AS YOU FIND IT would make it much easier to trust you. I mean, you didn't even say anything about how broken SS was until that post where you said he was broken and you'd 'fix' him. Being held accountable and being vulnerable are two VERY different things, you know.

    P.S. I'm sorry if this sounds accusatory. And I can understand why this could be seen as such. But I really just want to make sure that everybody understands as much as possible about this and avoid the need for posts like these to be made in the future. After all, the best leaders are those who fight for justice, but wish for a world where it is not necessary. And I really wish for a community where we don't need to be pulling you guys up for these shady things.

    YOU AINT FIGHTING FOR NO ONE. DONT WORRY ABOUT WHATS IN ANOTHER MANS POCKET. PLAY THE GAME FOR WHAT IS WORTH.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    Also, I’m not sure if it has affected others, but since this nerf all of my other stagger champions now only nullify one buff as well. So obviously they’re fumbling the fumble. This is gonna end super well. I’m so glad it’s happening shortly before their biggest sales of the year. Vote with your wallet!
  • Good luck selling champs after this
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Mathking13 wrote: »
    No matter which way you look at it, the 'bugfix' for Symbiote Supreme is shady. Released only a few hours after the end of the Symbiomancer Event Quest, this change has made Symbiote Supreme a TON less useful than before. Seriously, show me why this ISN'T shady.

    I have not been directly affected by this change, but I know at least a couple of people that have. Numbers of people have probably ranked up and awakened this champion, just to have said champion become significantly less effective.

    I am just wondering whether Kabam has any intention to provide compensation and/or Rank Down Tickets (specifically for SS) for those affected by this MASSIVE change. I hope you guys do though, cause this shadiness will hurt you a lot (at least in the way of respect from your player-base).

    Also, as a recommendation for future instances of similar bugs, I'd say telling us about the bug AS SOON AS YOU FIND IT would make it much easier to trust you. I mean, you didn't even say anything about how broken SS was until that post where you said he was broken and you'd 'fix' him. Being held accountable and being vulnerable are two VERY different things, you know.

    P.S. I'm sorry if this sounds accusatory. And I can understand why this could be seen as such. But I really just want to make sure that everybody understands as much as possible about this and avoid the need for posts like these to be made in the future. After all, the best leaders are those who fight for justice, but wish for a world where it is not necessary. And I really wish for a community where we don't need to be pulling you guys up for these shady things.
    gh8lg7l2bw5n.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.