**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam will never say how, but I have a theory

There's been so much discussion about how Kabam could catch account sharers. How do they tell if some is sharing their account outside the TOS.
To sync up with Kabam servers, you have to register an email address and password. Simple enough. And that' seems to me what gets shared. Never done it; never would. However....
Not exactly sure how it works in the background, but my MCOC accounts are linked to my Apple GameCenter account. Every time I startup MCOC, the Game Center banner appears. (Never had an Android device but I think there's a Google Play?). And that is tied to my Apple ID which identifies my devices and is the same across my Apple devices. So, it would be fairly easy for Kabam to determine if there is account sharing--if an MCOC account is used by two separate, distinct Apple (or Google Play) accounts, it's a shared account. There's no way for them to evaluate if two people share a device (father/son, husband/wife, etc) as long as it's the same device or Game Center account. No concern for trying to catch via IP addresses, player cities/countries or even devices. Since your alliance mate has a different device, and it is registered under a different Game Center/Apple ID, then when he logs in for you, it indicates you shared it. Can't be the device ID/serial number either because, again, you can play the game legally as your account on multiple devices.
Now, about multiple accounts on the same device--there's no restriction on having multiple MCOC accounts on the same device. The tricky part comes in when a family has multiple devices AND each device is tied to a separate Apple/Google/device OS manufacturer account.
I work in Data Architecture & design large databases but am not familiar with the interactions with these platforms but I would find it incredible if Kabam is NOT capturing the data necessary to match MCOC with device account with MCOC registration email
I'm sure the Data is gathered. They just have to mine it

Comments

• DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    Question is why would they waste resources on finding that out, when flat out mod hacks are what everyone is against.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    So you're saying that Apple should give all of their Game Centre data to Kabam?

Why would they do that?
  • LeftTurnAlbqrqeLeftTurnAlbqrqe Posts: 77
    To your two points:
    1. Kabam is seeking to maintain the integrity of their TOS so a) they don't care what "everyone is against". And b) if they don't make an effort to enforce it then they might be on questionable legal grounds by choosing not to
    2. Apple doesn't have to share (although they likely do) with Kabam directly. I'm assuming/asserting it is captured by kabam directly from your device when you start the game and sync to their servers
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    To your two points:
    1. Kabam is seeking to maintain the integrity of their TOS so a) they don't care what "everyone is against". And b) if they don't make an effort to enforce it then they might be on questionable legal grounds by choosing not to
    2. Apple doesn't have to share (although they likely do) with Kabam directly. I'm assuming/asserting it is captured by kabam directly from your device when you start the game and sync to their servers

on 2, there is no way Apple would share this unless Kabam pay for it

Absolutely no way in hell
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    That's what I was saying , don't this stuff cost money to do.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    I see a lot of validity there: one of my accounts got the ban, but specifically the one I ran on my wife's old iphone that still has her appleid; the account was created originally on google play under my id and basically I run 4 accounts on current gplay samsung, retired gplay samsung and gplay tablet. Only one to get the ban even though ive been doing this for months? The iphone with the wife's id. Opened a ticket, explained with screenshots, automated response of decision is final. Of course my name is on her appleid account via shared family so it technically is my account as well but kabam is quite rigid apparently. Thats my experience.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    I see a lot of validity there: one of my accounts got the ban, but specifically the one I ran on my wife's old iphone that still has her appleid; the account was created originally on google play under my id and basically I run 4 accounts on current gplay samsung, retired gplay samsung and gplay tablet. Only one to get the ban even though ive been doing this for months? The iphone with the wife's id. Opened a ticket, explained with screenshots, automated response of decision is final. Of course my name is on her appleid account via shared family so it technically is my account as well but kabam is quite rigid apparently. Thats my experience.

They have said in the past you are fine to play your account on someone else's device. When i travel and my battery runs low i play on my wifes phone while mine charges.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    And yet... tried an experiment, deleted app on iphone, reinstalled and instead of prompt for login (after selecting language) immediately get the ban message, so it appears its the wifes gplay account that's getting the boot, not even letting me try to create new account or log in via kabam as someone else. Thats the interesting part to me.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    the thing is, that's not reliable though. about 1-2 months into the game, my google play ID somehow got disconnected and none of my achievements were registering. now whenever i log out and log back in, i can choose to log in using either my kabam ID, google play ID, or both (log in 1 first, then log in the other).
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    I don't have my account tied up to Google Play or Game Center. One, is I don't care about the achievements you get, 2nd is I play on both devices. Game is installed on both my Galaxy S6 and wife's IPhone 7, but 90% of the time I'm on Android. Game center has her Apple ID while Google Play has my Google account. I have no problems encountered from Kabam with this setup.

Here's a different scenario...what if I created a new account on a family shared device. Then someone in my household uses the account while I'm away and plays on the same device. So essentially, playing on my behalf. Does that violate the TOS?
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Yea all those people saying "i got banned for a minor offense". Probably not. If they really were banning for account sharing only, 100% of all whales would be banned now. You are not in a top alliance without account sharing, simply not possible, everybody is on holiday etc. at some point.

So if you really get banned for account sharing, you will have overdone it by a far amount my friend. Like having 10 poeple doing those insane arena milestones for you. I don't have any pity for you in that case.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    The problem with flagging logins on another device (not your own) is the very real scenario where alliance mates are real world friends. Out to dinner, battery low, let me log in quickly on your phone to take out that node. That's not a ToS violation. And while that happens less frequently than actually piloting or sharing by top allys to get maps done, it is behavior that would get caught up in any dragnet that captures logins on another device.

Dr. Zola
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I sometimes login through Game Center and sometimes using my Kabam info just to make sure it still works
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    The problem with flagging logins on another device (not your own) is the very real scenario where alliance mates are real world friends. Out to dinner, battery low, let me log in quickly on your phone to take out that node. That's not a ToS violation. And while that happens less frequently than actually piloting or sharing by top allys to get maps done, it is behavior that would get caught up in any dragnet that captures logins on another device.

Dr. Zola

Agreed.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Kabam will not answer. That way, cheaters would find a way to avoid being caught
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Kabam will not answer. That way, cheaters would find a way to avoid being caught

They could say which TOS violation got them banned without giving the specifics of how they were caught.
  • What is the exact bait if one uses mod?
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    To your two points:

on 2, there is no way Apple would share this unless Kabam pay for it

Absolutely no way in hell

lol e-commerce 101 how do you think Google earns revenue by providing their services like YouTube and gmail to their customers for free.....by providing their data to 3rd party customers for a price that's how you get those emails in your gmail even those you haven't subscribed for. How about those ads on facebook????? You might think hey I don't think I've subscribed for it but I like that and I will buy it. That's because of an algorithm that predicts your likes and dislikes based on the data its gained from your facebook profile and Facebook sells this data to 3rd party customers for price. This is ILLEGAL as you can't provide personal information but most people don't know about this at all. The same thing likely happens with Google and apple as well based on the accounts that spend or not Kabam gives deals to accounts that are likely to buy the deal rather than those accounts which won't buy the deal at all. Look at the recent android deal which was only sent to Android users in UK U.S. And Canada only not in Asian countries like India.