**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam - more of these harder "minibosses" in uncollected please!

roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love challenging content, and these days for the type of player I am progress wise, the only challenging thing left is labrynth and I don't consider that challenging as much as endurance.

The only challenging content as of late are the new bosses on uncollected EQ but after fighting them each 6 times for exploration that's it.

Throwing in these new 'minibosses' is a nice bonus for us. I'm sure tons will hate but just know there's a subset of players like myself that appreciate this.

Hell even the bosses for the first two chapters seem to have been beefed up and that too is a nice bonus.

Comments

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Haha, this month's EQ was easier. Keep it up, Kabam.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    In a way, not sure if it can continue because the minibosses are tied in to the story (in a slightly roundabout way), but yeah, even if it is annoying it's super fun!
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I too enjoyed them. That medusa with parry was nice practice for war.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Honestly I enjoy the challenges also. They arent anything to out of hand but they definitely add to the game.
    As stated before uncollected is meant to be hard for players who have completed more and spent more time in the game (I'm personally on year 3)

The new players get enough as it is to help them catch up in record time. Although I've said it before and think it would be awesome to see them add another difficulty for those of us who are elders bane and to make it really top notch difficult with some more rewards to boot
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    Groundedwisdom
    Do you have any tech champ like a 4 star 5/50 starlord can obliterate domino. Punish her medium, overall this month was not too bad. But I have a pretty stacked roster, a harder level would be nice. Have 2 5/65 and several 4/55 and 6 stars. I am hoping the quest later this month is challenging.

She's only 13k. I can get past her. Just an annoyance is all. ;)
    Dailey wrote: »
    Amazing a mod comes in to congrat a guy with a stacked roster thanks for spending your time and money to be able to take out the bosses. Mid level and low level chumps we need your potions or let’s call them units this month. Fake post or a guy with a big head

I don't even use my 5* champs in Uncollected bc they're in war usually, I have 3 or 4 maxed 4* champs and I still use 4/40s in it. So....I'd assume I'm just a mid level "chump" enjoying the challenge. What a surprise!
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Dont lisin to him nothing good about that 3 dominos all those hyperions medusas not fun at All
    To be honest, she's only one of the few that annoys me. I don't really have an issue with Mini-Bosses in general. It all depends on the strength they're at. If it increases to the point of being two Bosses per Path every month, that might become an issue for me.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Shad you are my zero hero lol gee I wish I was you
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    @Dailey Actually @roastedbagel is far from a fake poster. Whether or not his head is large is something I really can’t comment on. But he’s overall a pretty nice guy who appreciates the nuances of MCoC and understands the game fairly well. Like several of us, he’s been playing from around the start.

The game needs to to have content that appeals across the board to noobs and endgame players alike, but not everything will appeal to everyone. Difficult content will (predictably) favor players who have had 3+ years to build their rosters over those with less longevity.

Dr. Zola
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    cl63w6zt9zxq.gif
    Amazing a mod comes in to congrat a guy with a stacked roster thanks for spending your time and money to be able to take out the bosses. Mid level and low level chumps we need your potions or let’s call them units this month. Fake post or a guy with a big head

xNig wrote: »
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    Groundedwisdom
    Do you have any tech champ like a 4 star 5/50 starlord can obliterate domino. Punish her medium, overall this month was not too bad. But I have a pretty stacked roster, a harder level would be nice. Have 2 5/65 and several 4/55 and 6 stars. I am hoping the quest later this month is challenging.

She's only 13k. I can get past her. Just an annoyance is all. ;)

Yeah. She’s only 13k. Way too easy. Can we have her at 30-35k?

Oh and throw in a 40k stun Immune buffet masochism Korg right after her as well.

Not to forget a 42k debuff immune IMIW with Optimist to top off the defense trinity. :D

Hence my point about how strong they become. ;)
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Yep I see. That is why the top get richer and richer. The top players in the game have really differentiated from the mid level players. I feel like the middle class in the US...hopeless.

I haven't spent in well over a year and a half and I while I'm pretty indifferent to the minibosses I see where the OP is coming from. It all just comes with time, the rich are getting richer yes but so are the mid game players and just starting players. I think the fallacy in your type of thinking is that by focusing on how the rich are getting richer you fail to notice how much easier it has become for mid game players and starting players to progress faster as well. 1-1.5 years ago it was much harder for mid-game players to progress to end game levels. It is much easier now to get 5 star champions and resources, I started a new account back when the gwenpool goes to the movies event was out and in about 4 weeks I had 2 5* champions and 16+ four stars and it would have taken months to progress to that level in earlier stages of the game.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Sorry but yes it is easier for everyone to get 5 stars. I agree as we are in a 6 star game now. I am a mid tier group and we have guys with over 3 years with zero rank 5 stars. Seems like if you get a blade or Corvus it makes advancement a bit easier. I just am not happy with this new mini boss system with a new boss you need to one shot or start over. This game is losing the fun factor when it seems pay to play if you don’t have the right counters. Sorry if I came out swinging but I am not happy. I have stark spider and can’t get Aegon. I do not want to play the same path 10 times for a one shot.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Sorry but yes it is easier for everyone to get 5 stars. I agree as we are in a 6 star game now. I am a mid tier group and we have guys with over 3 years with zero rank 5 stars. Seems like if you get a blade or Corvus it makes advancement a bit easier. I just am not happy with this new mini boss system with a new boss you need to one shot or start over. This game is losing the fun factor when it seems pay to play if you don’t have the right counters. Sorry if I came out swinging but I am not happy. I have stark spider and can’t get Aegon. I do not want to play the same path 10 times for a one shot.

You mean Aegon? I one shot him with a 6* WS. Did it with GR on my other account too. I don’t understand what’s the fuss about him is about.

He’s hard, yes. But isn’t that the point of Uncollected?
  • TThis uc EQ has crossed the line of stupidity. I m a skilled player with lots of strong champs like a few max out 5* but the buffs on Aegon and me getting ko with 2 hits in my block and Aegon filled his life from 26% to 100% in 4 sec because i couldnt heal block him at that time.. Thats crazyness Kabam. Just sad
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    TThis uc EQ has crossed the line of stupidity. I m a skilled player with lots of strong champs like a few max out 5* but the buffs on Aegon and me getting ko with 2 hits in my block and Aegon filled his life from 26% to 100% in 4 sec because i couldnt heal block him at that time.. Thats crazyness Kabam. Just sad

Then you probably need to redefine “skilled”.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TThis uc EQ has crossed the line of stupidity. I m a skilled player with lots of strong champs like a few max out 5* but the buffs on Aegon and me getting ko with 2 hits in my block and Aegon filled his life from 26% to 100% in 4 sec because i couldnt heal block him at that time.. Thats crazyness Kabam. Just sad

You definitely aren't getting ko'd in 2 block hits with a 5/65 5* either
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Plenty of people have beat aegon with a 4*aa. If you have any R5 5*s your roster should be more than enough to handle him
    On the other side of my comment, I recognise my inability to progress with my limited roster, so instead of complaining that I can't do Uncollected in the first //checks watch// week or so, I'm going to patiently wait to take my 4* AA to rank 5 because I've still got 20 days to even take down Ægon.
This discussion has been closed.