**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Difficulty of new ultron quest quests

1235»

Comments

• EvilAsh wrote: »
    Abhi050 wrote: »
    Why is it like the difficulty of this quest is such a that, it is either for top most tier players or bottom tier player.
    I mean reward of classic difficulty are so low that if u r a player who is not uncollected but is around 45-50 level, u wouldn't like to play classic difficulty and u can't play variant difficulty. Kabam should have thought about intermediate players by adding a third difficulty.

I'm level 60 and have top champs, Been in a tp 500 alliance for years and i can't beat it(.no power control or stunners)

Damn is it that hard!!!!!!
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Why is it like the difficulty of this quest is such a that, it is either for top most tier players or bottom tier player.
    I mean reward of classic difficulty are so low that if u r a player who is not uncollected but is around 45-50 level, u wouldn't like to play classic difficulty and u can't play variant difficulty. Kabam should have thought about intermediate players by adding a third difficulty.

I'm level 60 and have top champs, Been in a tp 500 alliance for years and i can't beat it(.no power control or stunners)

Damn is it that hard!!!!!!

Yes

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    bm3epps wrote: »
    These children need to stop complaining. If you are not good enough to do Ultrons Assault, simply build your roster & get better. Thats the way all games work. Stop being butthurt you can't do this yet.

I don't think it's even about roster..it's certain champs that you must use skill or mutant for the first one

Those certain Skill & Mutant champs that are part of your roster.... AKA Build your roster with more mutant & skill

How many mutant and skill have power control ? Only one. Just **** one. And what is this quest about ? Power management

You can use Psylocke, Hawkeye, GwenPool for power control. Reluctantly, I ranked my duped 5* Psylocke specifically for Ch. 1.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    If Variant difficulty causes a lot of impatient people to spend like crazy to be the first, and that lets me get the exact same rewards as they do but for free and months or even a year later, that's a win for everyone except poor impatient people. I'm fine with that. Rich impatient people are fine with it. Poor patient people are fine with it. Only people who must be first but not willing to pay to be first are not happy with it. I'm fine with that also.
    But they won’t be the same rewards. Rewards for permanent events depreciate over time.

A year from now, rank-up gems you can only use on 2015 champs will be worth much, much less than they are now.

People want rewards when they get the most value from them. I’m sure that the rewards for ROL and RTTL were worth a lot more when the game was new... but they’re a joke now. Act IV rewards are dated... many even agree that LOL rewards are no longer worth the effort.

While I agree that this quest is for everyone and everyone who is committed to developing their roster has a chance to finish it eventually, it’s the wealthy impatient people and/or the people who already have a stacked roster who are going to get the most value from these rewards.

That overlooks the fact that since rewards do decrease in relative value over time due to dilution, the very advantage that early completers gain from doing the content quickly also decreases over time. Think about the players that were the first to get a 5* champion. Many of them now have gigantic 5* rosters because as the ability to earn 5* shards has increased, they have obviously pulled the most of them. But that early advantage in having that very first early 5*? That advantage helped them then, but its current value is basically zero. I earn a 5* about once per week. That means anyone that started with a 5* champ before I got one now has an effective lead on me of about one week of progress due to that early gain. It was a year advantage when they first earned it.

Anyone who completes variant now will have a sizeable rank up advantage over other players. But if the value of those resources drops for me when I eventually earn them, so it will also be true that the advantage they offered early completers will also drop commensurately.

In every game like this, the advantage for being first is always temporary. It has to be, or people at the top wouldn't have to keep playing just as hard to stay there.
  • Mes_regretsMes_regrets Posts: 17
    Difficulte, seriously..
    01hmxvffb1rj.png
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    We need a challenge for intermediate players.

Act 4 100%, act 5 100%, RoL, RTLoL, LoL, Monthly EQ master/uncollected.

Caters to low midtier to high midtier players. I don't see what more of the same would add. Once you finish all this, you will be endgame player and then you can try Variant again. There's more than enough content for midtier players to progress.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Yes, they made this for the higher ranked players. My complaint isn't about the variant difficulty, it's the fact they didn't take into account that us middle of the road players aren't going to have any additional solitary content for us to play until next month's event quest.
    Personally, I don't play any alliance modes. So, the extra content like last month's occult lab gives me something to do between monthly event quests. Not to mention the 4 and 5* shards that I am able to receive, which is slowly helping me to build a roster to take on act 5.
  • MaatttyyMaatttyy Posts: 77
    I agree with the difficult content. Being an intermediate player (lvl 51) I can't keep up with all the content as is (ie full exploration act 4 and 5). The endgame players can fill their boots with challenges like these and i'll keep picking away at monthly quests and story. LOL in the way far future haha
    My point is that I am going to be bored till next month.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Drake2078 wrote: »
    My point is that I am going to be bored till next month.

Start working on act 5
    Like I said in my original post, I am trying to build a roster that I can REALISTICALLY attempt to take on act 5. I am a average skilled player and don't want to spend money to complete act 5. I have a mortgage and other bills that take precedence. I am not looking for a free handout, but at least give me the chance to slowly grind away at building a rooster.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Like I said in my original post, I am trying to build a roster that I can REALISTICALLY attempt to take on act 5. I am a average skilled player and don't want to spend money to complete act 5. I have a mortgage and other bills that take precedence. I am not looking for a free handout, but at least give me the chance to slowly grind away at building a rooster.

Work on realm of legends if you haven’t already. 100% act 4 if you need to. All I can say
  • Drake2078 wrote: »

People do it all the time without huge luck or lots of money. Patience and smart strategic management tend to work in the long run. And I'm not sure what sort of roster you're trying to build up to "realistically" take on Act 5, but I would bet that the roster you're waiting to get didn't even exist in any form when I went for uncollected. It is certainly your prerogative to wait for a stronger roster to take on difficult content: I did that myself before shooting to complete Act 5, but you can't take advantage of that option and complain that there's nothing to do. There's plenty to do, you're just choosing to do it more slowly. That is smart in that it is cheaper, but it also means you'll make less progress slower. That's the choice you make: trading time for easier difficulty.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Yes, they made this for the higher ranked players. My complaint isn't about the variant difficulty, it's the fact they didn't take into account that us middle of the road players aren't going to have any additional solitary content for us to play until next month's event quest.
    Personally, I don't play any alliance modes. So, the extra content like last month's occult lab gives me something to do between monthly event quests. Not to mention the 4 and 5* shards that I am able to receive, which is slowly helping me to build a roster to take on act 5.

Why do you need additional solitary content when you’ve not even completed the current solitary content in the game?

Ridiculous.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

So what have you explored then?
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    NcTmack wrote: »
    Deebo4300 wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point. This content is for players who have beat act 5 100%. If you have not, then you are correct this content is not for you. The rewards you need are in content already available and in time you can complete this event as well. Right now, if you have not beaten all other content these rewards are not for you.
    Even people with a solid team of 5 and 6* will find that even the first map of deviant is unbeatable without spending units. Screw that.
    8h5ztn43uhna.jpg

IKR. Like who would woulds want to spend units on this?! 5* awakening Gems... 5* Rank Up Gems... 5* Crystals... pfft use your units elsewhere. Not worth it.

Lol sarcasm well recieved. I'm pretty sure with all the rank up gems, this is work the equivalent of like 22 t2a and about 2 1/2 t5b. Dunno how anyone can say these rewards don't benefit endgame players, that's insane.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    What's the average " middle tier" players roster? Because I'd like to see some of these people who say "explore lol and act 5" do this with 4/40 or 5/50 four stars.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Have done 1 chapter so far and because of the restrictions most of my team where 4*s. Your arguments are silly and need to stop. Its a permanent content just like LOL. Did you guys complain you couldnt 100% that with 3* when you first started? No. Are they not allowed to release difficult content anymore?

I cant express how much I agree with this statement. To everyone complaining about the difficulty, its a permenat quest that you can finish whenever. To the same ones complaining about this quest, are you also complaining about LoL? Just because it say level 40 and above, doesnt mean you are going to dominate the content. Take your time with it and chip away. Do Eqs and come back and do more Variant level.

Bottom line, stop complaining period. There are already several proven attempts with 4* showing that it can be done. If You cant do it, it's not the games fault. Work at getting better.

Slightly disagree with that final statement. We don’t pick our champs out of the crystals. The game does. So technically if we don’t have decent champs per the restrictions on the chapters, but have 100% act 5 & LoL. How is that the players fault?

Not to mention the potential argument of resources to rank up said champs. While 4* may do the trick still in parts of this quest. Some people may still have bad 4* luck and not have time to do arenas for their basics.

So while most of what you said has valid points. It’s not all on the player.

In my experience, you make your own luck in this game. If you just play the story and monthly content and don't grind arena for shards/cats you're roster is probably not going to be great. If you go all out in arena you get many many more crystals, which leads to a better roster.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I get that this is designed for the upper echelon players and classic is there because who knows why. I just can't understand why there isn't a master level difficulty so everyone can enjoy the new content. It doesn't hurt the hardcore players with the super hard mode. I wish that there was an oldschool time capsule event that was geared towards me.

I think the whole back issues idea is a fantastic one, I just wish there was a version of it I could enjoy because classic mode with the 1 stars is a joke. Couldn't the dev's just make classic mode harder?