**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I Need A Positive

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So I just pulled a 6* Thor Rag and just utterly pissed. This came right after pulling a HtD, Karnak, and Rhino from featured 5* crystals. I’m about done with this game.... again. I just need something positive about Thor Rag. Thor is one of my favorite characters but he’s absolute trash in this game. Hits weaker than Colossus and HB and has 0 utility. Please if anyone can give me any glimmer of hope about this pull or just confirm that I’ve pulled yet another trashy 6*.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    One positive is, at least you didn't get colossus or kamala Khan or even dead pool x force
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I have him 6* as well. he is pretty pathetic, can be okay with ton of sinergies if duped. on the positive side... no positive sides there actually. can put him on defance on getting a bar of power when hit with special, so when he gets hit, he may go to sp3, but damage there is still not impressive.
    maybe if you use hulk, you can somewhat benefit from their sinergy, but only once per fight. I'd prefer some other team for sure
  • his prestige is really high and he has good synergies plus he good when duped which doesn't help you know but in 10 years when you finally do dupe him then your set....LMAO
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Was my last 6* as well. I suppose the positive is you have someone who knows your profound disappointment??

Honestly, he was the most recent in a long line of disappointments that prompted me to pull back. I’ve been screwing around with Back Issues, but otherwise that’s about it for now.

Dr. Zola
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He can be an alright defender
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Sp2 is pretty decent overall, even if his damage is less than average
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    He greatly enhances Hela and Gulk while not being terrible himself, especially with the synergies. Thor R + Hela + Gulk is a super AQ team. He regens 10% from each kill he gets while on this team
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    You’re not the only one... Not saying that’s a positive, but there are others suffering with you, like myself.

txtraz1nh9g3.png
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    At least you have a 6*, that's at least a positive 😎. Plus, your avatar is Sabertooth and that's wicked cool. Also, you're part snake. Poisonous bad-to-the-bone snake that everyone is afraid of, so total plus there as well. Oh, and 1987 was a good year 👍

Lol I have to admit this made me laugh a bit.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve pulled Sentinel (who I can’t stand), DD, Mordo, and now Thor Rag. I don’t have any 6* that can contribute to clearing content when I’m seeing accounts with duped KM/Void/IMIW, and multiple great 6*. RNG sucks so bad in this game.
    edited November 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    At least you have a 6*, that's at least a positive 😎. Plus, your avatar is Sabertooth and that's wicked cool. Also, you're part snake. Poisonous bad-to-the-bone snake that everyone is afraid of, so total plus there as well. Oh, and 1987 was a good year 👍

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve pulled Sentinel (who I can’t stand), DD, Mordo, and now Thor Rag. I don’t have any 6* that can contribute to clearing content when I’m seeing accounts with duped KM/Void/IMIW, and multiple great 6*. RNG sucks so bad in this game.

Some of those are good on defense... I can't even get defender kills with my 6* lol.
    Werewrym wrote: »

Some of those are good on defense... I can't even get defender kills with my 6* lol.

My officer placed his 6* Sentinel so mine gathers dust. Someone else has a duped 4/55 Thor Rag so yeah lol.

My officer placed his 6* Sentinel so mine gathers dust. Someone else has a duped 4/55 Thor Rag so yeah lol.

Welp... Guess we can both drown in our tears then lol. I gotta be honest, I'd take your 6* any day over my own though.

Welp... Guess we can both drown in our tears then lol. I gotta be honest, I'd take your 6* any day over my own though.

Funny you say that because I feel the same. I’ve always had a soft spot for YJ and since I have no real power control champs, Beast would be nice.

Funny you say that because I feel the same. I’ve always had a soft spot for YJ and since I have no real power control champs, Beast would be nice.

Ha! That is funny, because I just can't find any saving grace to YJ or Beast. We all have tendencies to feel we've pulled the "worst" straw I suppose. I think we can at least both agree that the 6* pool sucks, and so does the RNG.
    I think the tendency to put a lot of emphasis on the 6* pull skews the perspective. At this stage, they are a bit of a trophy unless you wind up with one of the few great ones. Reminds me of 5*’s when the first batch came out—I felt like I hit the jackpot when my first was SL. Fast forward about 2.5 years (and multiple AGs) and I finally duped him. What seemed awesome at first became a running joke.

In a perfect MCoC world, though, the 6* options would all have a reasonable degree of usefulness. When the treadmill is starting over, it’s always a good to feel like you aren’t actually running in place.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    So I just pulled a 6* Thor Rag and just utterly pissed. This came right after pulling a HtD, Karnak, and Rhino from featured 5* crystals. I’m about done with this game.... again. I just need something positive about Thor Rag. Thor is one of my favorite characters but he’s absolute trash in this game. Hits weaker than Colossus and HB and has 0 utility. Please if anyone can give me any glimmer of hope about this pull or just confirm that I’ve pulled yet another trashy 6*.

Good defender, good block proficiency, not so great damage. Could have been a LOT worse
    DrZola wrote: »
    I think the tendency to put a lot of emphasis on the 6* pull skews the perspective. At this stage, they are a bit of a trophy unless you wind up with one of the few great ones. Reminds me of 5*’s when the first batch came out—I felt like I hit the jackpot when my first was SL. Fast forward about 2.5 years (and multiple AGs) and I finally duped him. What seemed awesome at first became a running joke.

In a perfect MCoC world, though, the 6* options would all have a reasonable degree of usefulness. When the treadmill is starting over, it’s always a good to feel like you aren’t actually running in place.

Dr. Zola

I feel more like I'm running backwards...

Dr. Zola

I feel more like I'm running backwards...

Can be dangerous on a treadmill.

DZ

Ha! That is funny, because I just can't find any saving grace to YJ or Beast. We all have tendencies to feel we've pulled the "worst" straw I suppose. I think we can at least both agree that the 6* pool sucks, and so does the RNG.

I think that’s true we tend to think ours is the worst luck. I like YJ for safeguard nodes since his power sting bypasses it. Plus with the new Wasp synergy he got a lot better.

Dr. Zola

My biggest problem though is there are people out there that have 2 6* and they’re CAIW and IMIW. In instances like that, it creates a huge gap where that person can potentially have 2 good 6* 2/35 and others are sitting with 4-6 6* duds. Doesn’t really create fairness. The right thing to do would’ve been to remove the trash from the 6* pool but I guess Kabam is too lazy to buy a skimmer.
    The_Boss9 wrote: »

Good defender, good block proficiency, not so great damage. Could have been a LOT worse

I don’t doubt it could’ve been a lot worse but it could’ve been a lot better. At what point and after how many “it could’ve been worse pulls” should a person finally get a champ they’re excited about?
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    I pulled him too recently. I wish he didn't have to be duped to be useful by himself.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237

Mate, sentinel and mordo are two of the top 2/5 best 6* champs...

Healthy piece of advice... quit comparing your pulls to other peoples. This will literally drive you into debt and screw you over if you don't learn to stop comparing. I've had friends who hit the slots and that is the same mentality they have while spending money (some that they don't even have) trying to get straight 7's