**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you even care Kabam?

As expected, I was screwed yet again on my 6* opening. It was literally a worst case scenario, a champ that is worthless for defense, worthless on offense unless duped, and because it was a class I already had, it wasn't even a help on combat events. Does luck play too much of a role in this game? Is it any wonder this game makes so much money. With absolutely no transparency, how am I to know that they aren't screwing me on purpose because of things I have said in the past. Is there any reason to even keep playing when they have made it obvious they are just going to keep screwing me over? I gutted my account, earned 5 more 5* crystals and they were all just as bad as the previous 30+ I had opened. At what point do you just give up? Look at Seatin's free to play account, look at the amazing pulls he has gotten. Look at Brian, Dave, all the big youtubers, none of them could even approach the level of trash I have been getting. Even rich finally got several good pulls, all in a row leaving me as the lone garbage man. 9 months ago I got a mystic 5* awakening gem. In that time I have opened 40+ crystals and literally just pulled my first new mystic 2 weeks ago, mephisto. I have also been sitting on a generic 5* gem in that same time and have pulled 0 top tier champs. No sparky, void, domino, corvus, nothing. I'm tired of being told it's "the luck of the draw" I don't believe it, not for one second. I've pulled Hulkbuster as a 5* 4 times, Kabam doesn't care about the average player, only whales and players with big youtube channels. Oh and anyone who has never publicly called them out for anything. Kabam has completely sucked all the fun out of this game for me.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I've only spent 15 dollars in the past year and a half and my last 2 featured pulls were Domino then ghost. It really is luck of the draw some people have insane luck, some people have crappy luck, just have to hope it evens out eventually. Maybe you should start saving for featured crystals if basics are screwing you over so much, higher chance of getting specific champions. Also posting pictures of your roster may help us give you advice on whether you have any underrated champions that are worth ranking up
  • As expected, I was screwed yet again on my 6* opening. It was literally a worst case scenario, a champ that is worthless for defense, worthless on offense unless duped, and because it was a class I already had, it wasn't even a help on combat events. Does luck play too much of a role in this game? Is it any wonder this game makes so much money. With absolutely no transparency, how am I to know that they aren't screwing me on purpose because of things I have said in the past. Is there any reason to even keep playing when they have made it obvious they are just going to keep screwing me over? I gutted my account, earned 5 more 5* crystals and they were all just as bad as the previous 30+ I had opened. At what point do you just give up? Look at Seatin's free to play account, look at the amazing pulls he has gotten. Look at Brian, Dave, all the big youtubers, none of them could even approach the level of trash I have been getting. Even rich finally got several good pulls, all in a row leaving me as the lone garbage man. 9 months ago I got a mystic 5* awakening gem. In that time I have opened 40+ crystals and literally just pulled my first new mystic 2 weeks ago, mephisto. I have also been sitting on a generic 5* gem in that same time and have pulled 0 top tier champs. No sparky, void, domino, corvus, nothing. I'm tired of being told it's "the luck of the draw" I don't believe it, not for one second. I've pulled Hulkbuster as a 5* 4 times, Kabam doesn't care about the average player, only whales and players with big youtube channels. Oh and anyone who has never publicly called them out for anything. Kabam has completely sucked all the fun out of this game for me.

You may not like my response but it is my opinion for whatever that is worth. I don't think Kabam doesn't care about the average player, I just think they care more about the bottom line more. You are simply the victim of really bad luck regarding pulls but everything averages out over time. The question is, are you going to stick around long enough for the "good"RNG? There is no "winning the game," apart from beating all of the solo content. But at what price will you go to? There is no winning, only minimizing losing by uninstalling.

I just completed my initial run at variant difficulty and had a 5* and 6*. 5* was HB which was really depressing considering my journey through variant. 6* was Doc Ock which was better than DPX so there is that. The only real positive is my rank up 3-4 gem was skill which I could use on KM. If you want to keep playing, you have accept that the RNG in this game will be depressing sometimes and then one day you will get back to back god level pulls.

I've got a 5* medusa duped the old fashioned way at R5. Almost used the generic awakening gem on her but decided to open the 5* crystal first. Same thing with my magik and SL. On the other hand I still dont have AA or Blade as a 5* and will most likely not get them for another year. You win some you lose some. If you think you are never going to win, you wont.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    As expected, I was screwed yet again on my 6* opening. It was literally a worst case scenario, a champ that is worthless for defense, worthless on offense unless duped, and because it was a class I already had, it wasn't even a help on combat events. Does luck play too much of a role in this game? Is it any wonder this game makes so much money. With absolutely no transparency, how am I to know that they aren't screwing me on purpose because of things I have said in the past. Is there any reason to even keep playing when they have made it obvious they are just going to keep screwing me over? I gutted my account, earned 5 more 5* crystals and they were all just as bad as the previous 30+ I had opened. At what point do you just give up? Look at Seatin's free to play account, look at the amazing pulls he has gotten. Look at Brian, Dave, all the big youtubers, none of them could even approach the level of trash I have been getting. Even rich finally got several good pulls, all in a row leaving me as the lone garbage man. 9 months ago I got a mystic 5* awakening gem. In that time I have opened 40+ crystals and literally just pulled my first new mystic 2 weeks ago, mephisto. I have also been sitting on a generic 5* gem in that same time and have pulled 0 top tier champs. No sparky, void, domino, corvus, nothing. I'm tired of being told it's "the luck of the draw" I don't believe it, not for one second. I've pulled Hulkbuster as a 5* 4 times, Kabam doesn't care about the average player, only whales and players with big youtube channels. Oh and anyone who has never publicly called them out for anything. Kabam has completely sucked all the fun out of this game for me.

who did you pull???
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    It's rubbish that it's all luck based, you work through hard content, spend units and maybe money, then the reward might not match your efforts due to luck. I left my gold 1 alliance to join a retired alliance as I was sick of pulling average 5*s when my alliance mates kept pulling god tiers, even though they had opened loads Les crystals. Also sick of the war season reward crystal as I got low shards for t2 alphas compared to others who had done alot less work than me in the season. Kabam could change it but they don't care. They could increase the pathetic 150 featured winners to 1500 and give us a 5* basic arena with 10% getting the champ. Why this is taking so long I don't know? I'm just sick of RNG and never spend on it
  • EffectiveEffective Posts: 111
    It's rubbish that it's all luck based, you work through hard content, spend units and maybe money, then the reward might not match your efforts due to luck. I left my gold 1 alliance to join a retired alliance as I was sick of pulling average 5*s when my alliance mates kept pulling god tiers, even though they had opened loads Les crystals. Also sick of the war season reward crystal as I got low shards for t2 alphas compared to others who had done alot less work than me in the season. Kabam could change it but they don't care. They could increase the pathetic 150 featured winners to 1500 and give us a 5* basic arena with 10% getting the champ. Why this is taking so long I don't know? I'm just sick of RNG and never spend on it

You are aware 99% of multiplayer online games are RNG, right?

If you're sick of RNG, buy some of the awesome console games. There are tons to choose from where RNG doesn't play a huge factor.
  • Hey Bulldoggernaut, i'm one of your subscribers on youtube. Please don't leave this game anytime soon
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    nope
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    I’d agree it is more luck... I never spend money on this game, and I’ve had mixed luck... I’ve gotten awesome 5* before, but I’ve also gotten Karnak in probably 4/5 of my last 4* and 5* openings. RNG does suck a lot sometimes but for me that’s kind of part of the fun of the game, in addition to just clearing content. I had a bad luck streak before it turned for the better. I hope you start getting some better pulls soon tho.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    Marvel Contest of Luck :):):)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I hope you know how many more crystals every single one of those Youtubers have opened compared to what you are saying. Their sample size is way bigger than yours. You want "better" pulls, open more crystals, get into better alliances, earn better rewards. Seatin has gotten tons, and tons of bad pulls but opens more crystals than you.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    It's luck and rng. As simple as that.

Have you played Diablo 2 before? Lol
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    @Bulldoggernaut just wait until you've pulled garbage 6* multiple times. Unless you have 3+ garbage 6* you don't know suffering łol. When you have IF, DPX, and say Storm, then you'll know it's near quitting time.

P.S. I may be projecting a bit here.
    P.P.S This kinda stuff is never the only reason people quit but it definitely adds to the burn.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    edited November 2018
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi Bulldoggernaut,

While we do understand that you have Champions that you would prefer to drop, it is based on luck. We do not change the drop rate for individuals.

Machine based luck , Wow !
    But the crystal offers do consume money !
  • allinashes wrote: »
    @Bulldoggernaut just wait until you've pulled garbage 6* multiple times. Unless you have 3+ garbage 6* you don't know suffering łol. When you have IF, DPX, and say Storm, then you'll know it's near quitting time.

P.P.S This kinda stuff is never the only reason people quit but it definitely adds to the burn.

WInter soldier, iron fist, cable and storm.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

I hope you know how many more crystals every single one of those Youtubers have opened compared to what you are saying. Their sample size is way bigger than yours. You want "better" pulls, open more crystals, get into better alliances, earn better rewards. Seatin has gotten tons, and tons of bad pulls but opens more crystals than you.

Seatin, yes. But I know dave and Brian and at one point was opening more than both of them. I had an almost 900k rating when I gutted my account, you can see the video on my channel.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    allinashes wrote: »

I'm sorry but WS and Cable aren't horrible pulls. My 4 6*'s are Beast, Loki, Blackbolt and Luke Cage. LC is the only viable one in there as the others have to be duped to be decent.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    allinashes wrote: »

I stand corrected friend. You do indeed know suffering.

• sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Hi Bulldoggernaut,

While we do understand that you have Champions that you would prefer to drop, it is based on luck. We do not change the drop rate for individuals.

I don't believe you. And since you have absolutely 0 transparency, and no way to even buy better champs since it is all based on luck, the proof is in the pudding.

I don’t really fancy having to spend 5000 units for a better champ like the vision. Personally I think the game would be more boring if everyone chose their champs as everyone would buy the best champs and there’d be less diversity in attackers.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    Hi Bulldoggernaut,

I don't believe you. And since you have absolutely 0 transparency, and no way to even buy better champs since it is all based on luck, the proof is in the pudding.

I don’t really fancy having to spend 5000 units for a better champ like the vision. Personally I think the game would be more boring if everyone chose their champs as everyone would buy the best champs and there’d be less diversity in attackers.

Because there’s so much diversity in attackers now?
This discussion has been closed.