**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The poor stay poor and the rich get richer

Comments

• _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    edited November 2018
    Usually, with the "Challenge"s I can get to the 4th quest. But now I was ready with more 5 stars and better 4 stars, But Champion's Clash through that right back in my face only being able to complete the third quest in Lightweight.
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    @TwmR what do you mean by 5 difficulties? I only see one
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    @TwmR what do you mean by 5 difficulties? I only see one

Each quest is a difficulty. Same thing, same champions. The difference is they become harder to fight, so that's why there are better rewards
  • Been playing this game since the beginning and you guys (Kabam) want to create more difficult short timed events for the “more experienced gamer” 🙄 that’s funny. I think I’m pretty experienced tho I haven’t completed LoL and new hardcore Ultron quests yet but everything else 100%. This new heavy weight champion questline is completely ridiculous. This is nothing but a money milking sham making you run the whole map at once instead being similar to the past short timed events. Man I really struggle to enjoy this game the longer it goes on. Think about it. Either people will spend money on this or not. The ones you try to force or nudge into spending your actually sealing the deal on future investments. I’m done blowing money. I finally realized I’m better off letting the cards lay where they fall on the progression path

The funny part is that Kabam itself keeps saying that they release content at a wide range of difficulties and if a player cannot complete a particular difficulty they should consider improving their skills and expanding and ranking up their roster, and yet you're claiming to have come to the great realization that perhaps you shouldn't be trying to spend past everything.

Epic difficulty is not ridiculous. It might be ridiculous for you, and if it is don't try to spend past it. Spending past content is a losing proposition, because if you can't do it without spending a ton you'll just keep having to spend over and over again. Kabam is going to survive perfectly fine without your money if you choose to play the game intelligently, by pacing yourself instead of having to do everything immediately whether you're ready or not.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I would agree that rich get richer but I don’t agree the poor gets poorer. It is far easier now to complete and explore act 4, LoL, and act 5 when those events came out. The ability for the “poor” to not stay poor is more in your favor now. You can complain and moan on the forums or you can grind like most of us “rich” players did. You complain about pulling terrible champs. Those are the same scrubs we “rich” pulled too.

IMO, there is one advantage older players have and that was the way 5* featured crystals use to be. That allowed a number of players to save and have a higher chance at that champ. That isn’t as much of a money thing is as it’s a kabam change to the game...

Best advice is to suck it up buttercup and do the basic events (act 4, act 5, then LoL) for endgame resources to be able to do the new content.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I would agree that rich get richer but I don’t agree the poor gets poorer. It is far easier now to complete and explore act 4, LoL, and act 5 when those events came out. The ability for the “poor” to not stay poor is more in your favor now. You can complain and moan on the forums or you can grind like most of us “rich” players did. You complain about pulling terrible champs. Those are the same scrubs we “rich” pulled too.

IMO, there is one advantage older players have and that was the way 5* featured crystals use to be. That allowed a number of players to save and have a higher chance at that champ. That isn’t as much of a money thing is as it’s a kabam change to the game...

Best advice is to suck it up buttercup and do the basic events (act 4, act 5, then LoL) for endgame resources to be able to do the new content.

I partly agree, but the title says poor stay poor not get poorer. Only would be getting poorer if you sold champs lol
  • IMO, there is one advantage older players have and that was the way 5* featured crystals use to be. That allowed a number of players to save and have a higher chance at that champ. That isn’t as much of a money thing is as it’s a kabam change to the game...

I think that is more than counterbalanced by the fact that relative to progress, newer players get 5* champions at a far higher rate and far earlier to start, and relative to progression they can now get 6* champions in a relatively short period of time via uncollected completion which is essentially an immediate catalyst-free 4/55-caliber champion. It took a lot of time to save up for a single 5* crystal back when they were first introduced, but for many players playing today their first 5* champion came primarily from, or even exclusively from, calendar rewards.

It isn't fair to compare what a new player can do today with what a veteran can do today because the veteran has played a lot longer. The fair comparison is to ask what a new player will be able to do in say three years, compared to what someone who has been playing for three years can do now. And the answer is: the newer player will be vastly stronger in three years than almost all current three year veterans are now.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Been playing this game since the beginning and you guys (Kabam) want to create more difficult short timed events for the “more experienced gamer” 🙄 that’s funny. I think I’m pretty experienced tho I haven’t completed LoL and new hardcore Ultron quests yet but everything else 100%. This new heavy weight champion questline is completely ridiculous. This is nothing but a money milking sham making you run the whole map at once instead being similar to the past short timed events. Man I really struggle to enjoy this game the longer it goes on. Think about it. Either people will spend money on this or not. The ones you try to force or nudge into spending your actually sealing the deal on future investments. I’m done blowing money. I finally realized I’m better off letting the cards lay where they fall on the progression path

The funny part is that Kabam itself keeps saying that they release content at a wide range of difficulties and if a player cannot complete a particular difficulty they should consider improving their skills and expanding and ranking up their roster, and yet you're claiming to have come to the great realization that perhaps you shouldn't be trying to spend past everything.

Epic difficulty is not ridiculous. It might be ridiculous for you, and if it is don't try to spend past it. Spending past content is a losing proposition, because if you can't do it without spending a ton you'll just keep having to spend over and over again. Kabam is going to survive perfectly fine without your money if you choose to play the game intelligently, by pacing yourself instead of having to do everything immediately whether you're ready or not.

Except this is the kind of rewards we need to progress. I’m not advocating for free rewards but the new variant difficulty and now this heavyweight difficulty is the first content I’ve ever found that I’m not ready for as a player. Some of that is my skill level but some of that is also I haven’t been lucky on my pulls. Seems like a large difficulty hike to me. The new content is geared toward new champions and their abilities. What if you are one of the many like me that saves for features then gets nothing but IP and OML? Kabam needs to take a step back from making content so complicated and get back to skill based play. It is already more difficult to win against a champ with 40k pi without all the ridiculous abilities. So many people want to throw others under the bus because we say the content is to hard, I promise you do not **** gold so lay off everyone else.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Been playing this game since the beginning and you guys (Kabam) want to create more difficult short timed events for the “more experienced gamer” 🙄 that’s funny. I think I’m pretty experienced tho I haven’t completed LoL and new hardcore Ultron quests yet but everything else 100%. This new heavy weight champion questline is completely ridiculous. This is nothing but a money milking sham making you run the whole map at once instead being similar to the past short timed events. Man I really struggle to enjoy this game the longer it goes on. Think about it. Either people will spend money on this or not. The ones you try to force or nudge into spending your actually sealing the deal on future investments. I’m done blowing money. I finally realized I’m better off letting the cards lay where they fall on the progression path

Except this is the kind of rewards we need to progress.

Who's "we?" Everyone else started with less, because the game keeps giving out more. Completing Act 4 is easier today than before. Completing RoL is easier today than before. Becoming uncollected keeps getting easier, not harder. The game is a step ladder of progress and if you think it is too hard to progress it is probably because you're trying to skip over too many rungs.

Everyone uses lower rewards to progress to the point of getting higher rewards. No one needs the higher rewards to get the higher rewards, unless they want to skip over a lot of gameplay everyone else did.

When the high tier events first came out, I couldn't complete them successfully. I didn't complain that I "needed" those rewards to progress. Instead, I actually decided to play the game and progress, until I could successfully complete those events. I couldn't complete Uncollected when it first came out, and yet I didn't need Uncollected rewards to become Uncollected.
    What if you are one of the many like me that saves for features then gets nothing but IP and OML?

I would submit myself to the Guiness Book of World Records for contention to worlds unluckiest person. But I suspect you'd lose to the guy that managed to be present for and survive both Hiroshima and Nagasaki detonations.

If you're pulling lots of crystals your luck will eventually average out. If you're only pulling a small number of crystals, then you're making a strategically bad decision burning extra shards for featured crystals. And resource management is one of the skills the game rewards, or penalizes the lack thereof.
    So many people want to throw others under the bus because we say the content is to hard, I promise you do not **** gold so lay off everyone else.

If the content is too hard, get better. I don't say that to claim I'm somehow superior to you, I say that because at one time the top content was too hard for everyone. Everyone has faced that at some point in their game play. I'm not saying I'm special, I'm saying you're not special. I was where you are now, as was every other player who can do higher content. Even I bail sometimes: I bailed out of the Epic labs after the first week because I concluded I was not good enough. I clearly need to get better, just like when I first encountered uncollected monthly difficulty. That's not throwing anyone under a bus, that's acknowledging the facts.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    There should be a MASTER DIFFICULTY version.

From the announcement: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109351/announcing-the-champion-s-clash/p1
    This Quest is very similar in structure to previous challenges, where summoners take on multiple paths of a selected roster and eventually, the final boss.The first Chapter has the same amount of Quests as a regular challenge and is for Summoners who play difficulties from Beginner to Master.

A new Second Chapter has been added and is for Summoners comfortable with Epic Difficulty. This Quest has tougher Opponents and Buffs, and requires Summoners to complete each path fully before taking on the final boss.
    Namelez wrote: »
    There's no intermediate way to get t2alpha unless u wanna spend 60 $.

There's T2A fragments in master monthly quests and in the glory store and Map 5 crystals. There's also the fact that Kabam occasionally straight up gives them away in the calendar. In fact my first 4/55 came as much from the calendar as from my gameplay.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    There should be a MASTER DIFFICULTY version.

From the announcement: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109351/announcing-the-champion-s-clash/p1
    This Quest is very similar in structure to previous challenges, where summoners take on multiple paths of a selected roster and eventually, the final boss.The first Chapter has the same amount of Quests as a regular challenge and is for Summoners who play difficulties from Beginner to Master.

A new Second Chapter has been added and is for Summoners comfortable with Epic Difficulty. This Quest has tougher Opponents and Buffs, and requires Summoners to complete each path fully before taking on the final boss.
    There's no intermediate way to get t2alpha unless u wanna spend 60 $.

There's T2A fragments in master monthly quests and in the glory store and Map 5 crystals. There's also the fact that Kabam occasionally straight up gives them away in the calendar. In fact my first 4/55 came as much from the calendar as from my gameplay.

Hey same!
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    At least the normal difficulty of champion clash has rewards worth going for, unlike back issues which Im sure no one is even going to try normal difficulty.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Then maybe you "thought" wrong.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    For once I actually think Kabam did a good job with this. They listened to the mid tier players and gave an easy first chapter that has very good rewards for a mid tier player.

Are these people really saying that:

900 4* shards
    1,750 5* shards
    30 tier 4 fragment crystals
    1 4* AG
    2 T4BC
    1 T4CC
    3 T1A
    20 5* Sig stones

are bad rewards? I really don't get it. I will attempt Chapter 2 near the end after a couple of more rank ups and after I really study who in my roster would work.

This game is about progression. I remember when I struggled to complete Master mode. I remember fighting Hela and thinking this is impossible. Now master mode is simple.

Be patient and grow your roster. Someday I will complete one of these challenges 100%, maybe this will be the one.
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    I totally agree with you, idk what with other people making you look stupid, dounchebags, kabam only cares out the whalemakers
  • Sairam44Sairam44 Posts: 474
    Hajisaab make a video 4 star Cham taking the challenge with out use of too much potions 6 paths once is op
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    what's the point of a forum?

Memes.
    Asking for RDTs.
    Oh, and asking why GR isn't incinerate immune.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Sairam44 wrote: »
    Hajisaab make a video 4 star Cham taking the challenge with out use of too much potions 6 paths once is op
    Or you could just use revives I’m nearly done with it with 4 stars and only 1 team revive used so far
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85
    There are valid points all around. It can be frustrating when your in betweendifficulty levels. At the same time I’m sure this is taken into consideration when building quests. For goodness sakes that Gwenpool challenge was a free for all and I picked up three 5 star champs from that event alone. Play it out, I’ll be picking up a couple of fives in the next month. Take advantage of what you can and one day you’ll be on the other side.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    People are laughing at this but its not a joke. Everyone with 2 r5 5*s can clear the Chapter 2 of Champions Challenge and get t2 alphas. Those of us without a single r5 5* cant as easily if we can at all. A middle quest needs to be added. That 1st round quest is terribly easy. 3 r4 5*s and I can get it done. But Chapter 2 is a HUGE increase in difficulty. There should be a MASTER DIFFICULTY version. With every champ in the quest having 70k health and the boss having 100k... Rewards can be 1/2 t2 alpha some t4 basics t1 alphas 4* Awakening Gem Crystal etc. But that's not the case... Ur either too low to do the highest difficulty or to high to do the east difficulty and get another garbage 4*.. 5/50 and 3/45 don't make a difference... 4/55 do.. There's no intermediate way to get t2alpha unless u wanna spend 60 $.

You don’t need a single R5 champ to complete or explore LoL. Start there
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Exploring the first chapter of the new challenge has some great rewards for intermediate players. Just don't do the epic version then. There will always be a new challenge in the future.
This discussion has been closed.