**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Awakening Gem on Hood?

AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
d89dqap4jxdt.jpg
9l3k9xmzt1zp.jpg
zupqadn73rp0.jpg

Just ranked him to level four, my only mystic at this level. Question is, should I use or save the gem? I have attached my current 5* roster.

Comments

• Options
    Sairam44Sairam44 Posts: 474
    I think no he don't need it
  • Options
    Saket_123Saket_123 Posts: 139
    SL. Use it on SL
  • Options
    BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited November 2018
    Bishop bud, all day, everyday. This is what makes Bishop one of the best go to champs in the game. Hard to argue with creators of said champ right?

Kabam said it first, so lemme just reiterate.. under his “Spotlight” when looking at strong masteries for Bishop, first thing I saw was

“Bishop’s natural Energy Resistance is already among the highest in the game”

Then I saw something better. Not just “among the highest” The. Highest. Damage. Period. Also under masteries- Spotlight.

“The ability to start the fight with full bars of Power is enough reason alone to warrant the extra damage from these “suicide” Masteries, since the fight will often be over before the enemy has a chance to do any real harm – this is especially true when starting with just under 3 bars of Power to gain the Incinerate bonus from the Signature Ability, and then opening with a Parry to Stun the opponent and fill Bishop to Special 3. Bishop will open the fight with more up-front damage than any other Champion in the game, and suffer little to no self-harm in the process.” Kabam - Dev Note.

This explains the need to awaken him, granting Bishop unique buffs to play with- based off the power he carries over from fight to fight. Too much power hurts Bishop you say. Regen it up soldier, cause he does that too.

I didn’t notice any champions under weak matchups either. Oh. Right.. they weren’t listed for some reason.. if I had to guess, possibly the elusive heavy hitting physical damaging champs like Ant-Man or Iron Fisticuffs. Who knows. Just another guy tryna make it in this world. From the future even.

Have fun! Awesome champ!

@Ajisdope
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I see SL LC and Hulk that could use a gem. I would do it in that order
  • Options
    MaatttyyMaatttyy Posts: 77
    it's a mystic awakening gem or generic?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    nooooooo
  • Options
    Sorry all. I have mystic, cosmic, mutant gems. I WISH I had a tech or science
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    SL and Bishop a must for AG
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Ajisdope wrote: »
    Sorry all. I have mystic, cosmic, mutant gems. I WISH I had a tech or science

Just keep saving them
  • Options
    Thanks @BeginthEnd
  • Options

Please don’t use a mutant awakening gem on bishop. I don’t know if that guy was joking or being serious. But honestly please, don’t.
  • Options
    I have heard a lot on both sides about him. People seem to be split on using him?
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @Ajisdope the power steal he gains from being awakened is pretty handy, so is being stun immune, but there’s so many more impactful choices in the class, I’d wait. Magik, MS, Voodoo, etc.
  • Options
    I have heard a lot on both sides about him. People seem to be split on using him?

Bishop is okay. Mid tier champ. But we are talking about rare resources as a 5* awakening gem. Typically used on the “cream of the crop”. Not so much on mid tier champs. Unless you’re going for your “fan favourite”.
  • Options
    Jaded wrote: »

Bishop is okay. Mid tier champ. But we are talking about rare resources as a 5* awakening gem. Typically used on the “cream of the crop”. Not so much on mid tier champs. Unless you’re going for your “fan favourite”.

Thanks for your insight
  • Options
    BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Ok. Well, if you gotta be all Kabam’s best champ only bout it..

ProXMight. You will not regret it. Ever. After one successful fight, master her. None would dare oppose the might of the technological terror you will soon unleash. I say that with the utmost dread that Thanos will win as the dark side of the force is not to be underestimated.
  • Options
    Any more input
  • Options
    Darth_SemzDarth_Semz Posts: 104
    I’ve got a 4* Hood at rank 5 sig 60. He is by far one of my personal favourite champs and I use him in tough fights on events where I need to just get some good hits in via his invisibility. Also was my first ever rank 5 champ in the entire game so I’ve played with him probs the most. Long story short, I personally don’t think he needs to be awakened. It’s nice to have, but not something to justify an awaking gem.
    Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It does thank you. I have been using him unawakened at rank 4 for the Champion clash and he is pretty helpful against The Champion!