**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Class specific boosts not working: loyalty refund required

I have been buying class specific boosts using loyalty earned. Today I’m very surprised reading Kabam’s changelog at https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p2 for version 21.1 published today (November 30th) , where it says:
“- Fixed an issue where Boosts that increased a Classes' Special Attack Damage by 5%/8%/12% were not working.”

How long has this been a known issue to Kabam? Considering you have fixed this in a release implies you know this for a long time. Kabam should have warned the players about this. I have spent hundreds of thousands of loyalty on these boosts and I request a loyalty refund. Kabam shouldn’t take this as a minor issue because this heavily impacted players who were counting on these boosts to have a better performance.

I require a full Loyalty refund and some compensation for being cheated by Kabam who let me spend my loyalty on something that would not work.

I have raised a support ticket for this as well.

Comments

• Options
    DoggieHouzDoggieHouz Posts: 26
    Yes some compensation would be nice for your player.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Kabam... you've gone to far! The madness must cease! Seriously we're gonna need some serious comp. for this one and one heckuva explanation!
  • Options
    Marcbat63Marcbat63 Posts: 30
    edited December 2018
    Strongly agree. We have all been encouraged to spend our Loyalty on these items, yet they don’t work. I myself have purchased 5 just this month...compensation should be huge...this is incredibly incompetent, Kabam.....compensation is your only saving grace here.....
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Guys. This game is MASSIVE. Hundreds of items, champions, nodes, quests, etc. And they all interact in a large variety of ways. Give them some leeway here. You wouldn't blame a teacher for not being able to control 500 kids at once right? Neither should you expect that it's gonna be that easy for Kabam to keep track of every last bit of content they've created since 2015.

Also, Kabam has not come out saying whether or not they're gonna compensate players. Please don't come out onto the forums acting like Kabam went and said 'haha you scrubs fell for our whale-milking schemes, so you don't get compensation you idiots!' or something like that.

While I do believe that it would be nice to see Kabam compensate people for these issues, there is a couple of problems.
    1. If you give every single player the same compensation, that's not fair. eg. I have not spent a single piece of Loyalty on class-specific Special Attack Damage Boosts, and I don't believe I've used a single one either. But I'd get the same compensation as someone who spent close on 1M loyalty on those boosts.
    2. If you then decided to give people compensation based on how much loyalty they wasted on those boosts, it would be a nightmare for Kabam. Cause that's thousands of players where you need to find out how many boosts they bought and compensate for each one.

I am not however saying that Kabam will 100% not be compensating anyone for anything... but just remember that no matter what, this isn't gonna be 100% fair for everyone.

And hey at least now we'll have the special boosts working again. And I'm happy about that. For everyone's sake.

EDIT: Kabam has come out saying that they ARE gonna compensate people now. So that's nice. Yay.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I've used hundreds of these things.....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Read the merged Thread on it.
  • Options
    Hey guys, there's already an active discussion HERE about this topic. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.