**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW MESS UP BY KABAM

We're searching opponent for more than 3h and nothing.

Comments

• My alliance also
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Andrewkole wrote: »
    Yeah we got screwed. Last war took about 45 mins to find one which pushed us back... this time we searched for about 45 mins and time expired. I hope they make this right

Well.. tbh, it’s your alliance’s fault for starting matchmaking late.
    Matchmaking is highly subjective on the amount of alliances searching at a point of time and your war ratings.

Both are dynamic so not having a problem before doesn’t mean you won’t have a problem in future.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    I hear that... but look at it this way. Let’s say your commute to work consistently takes between 5-10 mins each day. You have been driving there for 1 year.

There is a huge accident and you get stuck in traffic. You are 30 mins late. It never has happened. The next day... freak accident again... same really. Now your boss says it is your fault... you should be leaving an hour earlier every day and he is docking a weeks pay.
    xNig wrote: »
    Matchmaking is highly subjective on the amount of alliances searching at a point of time and your war ratings.

Both are dynamic so not having a problem before doesn’t mean you won’t have a problem in future.

What a horrible analogy. Take another road or leave earlier. Call your boss and let them know you are running late. Start war earlier.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    happened to us last season which made us drop ti Gold 2
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It can happen. It depends on who is Matching within your vicinity at the time you start. If the system can't find an approximate Match in time, it will roll over.
    edited December 2018
    I hear that... but look at it this way. Let’s say your commute to work consistently takes between 5-10 mins each day. You have been driving there for 1 year.

There is a huge accident and you get stuck in traffic. You are 30 mins late. It never has happened. The next day... freak accident again... same really. Now your boss says it is your fault... you should be leaving an hour earlier every day and he is docking a weeks pay.

Now that you know that there's a possibility of that happening, it really IS your fault. Google maps bro.

Fact is, you're late, regardless of reason. Accept the punishment from your boss.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Yeah we got screwed. Last war took about 45 mins to find one which pushed us back... this time we searched for about 45 mins and time expired. I hope they make this right

No its not, kabam gives us 8h for starting searching and there's nothing saying that we should start it at the beginning of those hours.
    45 min before it's not late compared to 8h,neither is 3h that were taking for us (it took more 2h after that and found it)

Now that you know that there's a possibility of that happening, it really IS your fault. Google maps bro.

Fact is, you're late, regardless of reason. Accept the punishment from your boss.

Not accurate the comparison. Your job sets the time you should arrive, kabam sets the time you should leave home, if they say you have until 10pm to leave home, it means you can leave home until 9h59am.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Tsunani wrote: »

No its not, kabam gives us 8h for starting searching and there's nothing saying that we should start it at the beginning of those hours.
    45 min before it's not late compared to 8h,neither is 3h that were taking for us (it took more 2h after that and found it)

It also doesn't state you are guaranteed to find a match if you wait 8 hrs.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Tsunani wrote: »

It also doesn't state you are guaranteed to find a match if you wait 8 hrs.

And you find that insecurity ok? Theoretically, you may not find a aw even in 8h.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I'm not sure why they don't have a fallback measure when matchmaking closes that forces matchups with the closest opponent. You may get an unfavorable matchup, but is a loss better than not playing at all? Depends on the tier.

At least at most, one alliance per war could get left out... when an odd number are matching. But the needs of the many...