**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Master Darkhawk more difficult than UC one due to A.I. issue?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
Hi all, I guess many MCOC Youtubers posted how to defeat UC Darkhawk and their methods are all feasible....at least I can KO UC Darkhawk w/o need to revive (still can't make it one shot, my bad).

However, the same methods are not always work in Master Level where the A.I. seems have "lagging" in triggering the sp2. As a result, my champs were being cornered and defeated within few hits. In this respect, do you guys experience the same and can you share some insights on how to tackle it? Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I just beat him in Master. Cost me countless Resources. Best suggestion I have is to keep restarting until you take him down. You have to Bait that L2 if he will. I used Hyperion and got my L1 off a few times. He burns.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I just beat him in Master. Cost me countless Resources. Best suggestion I have is to keep restarting until you take him down. You have to Bait that L2 if he will. I used Hyperion and got my L1 off a few times. He burns.

Sad but true, I also just restart the path again I/O revive in Master EQ
    Reference wrote: »

It's not just that Fight. They're all lagged. Timings are off. You have to wait 2 or 3 seconds before attacking because it's shifted.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

It's not just that Fight. They're all lagged. Timings are off. You have to wait 2 or 3 seconds before attacking because it's shifted.

Why did you spend so many resources on a bugged fight?

I’m ok with other fight so far, at least I can bait sp2 of UC Darkhawk easily.

Why did you spend so many resources on a bugged fight?

I needed to top off a T4B and another Alpha to R4 another 5*. It's not really the Resources I'm worried about. I can make them back. It's just the frustration that lingers. Lol. The majority I spent first couple runs, then I switched to using Energy Refills after I took a break.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Master, Across-the-board seemed more “difficult”. More stingy with specials, slower to activate heavies (longer chargeing time) and delays after combos before they attack again (which makes anticipating you’re parry very tough) You actually notice that across-the-board on the “easier” levels including arena; like throwing fewer specials and charging heavies longer makes things more manageable for intermediate players but the reality is it just completely throws off timing since we are all use to aggressive AI from AQ and AW and yes... ALL Arena fights after streak 14 or so.

I’ve always found master to be more problematic than uncollected… Not tougher per se just... problematic

This darkhawk fight just makes it more noticeable with the entire mechanic of how you HAVE to fight him
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Hrm, i did master first, so i had a practice run before UC. Ive since 100% both of them. I can say i had a bit more trouble getting the parry on master, but otherwise roughly the same.

I found the fight, or at least the very start, incredibly cheap where he would combo your face off at the start before it would register your swipe back, and/or wouldnt bait and you got cornered.

If he used the sp2 properly, then yeah, you got to practice fighting him, and then it was just dont mess up.

But the first few seconds dictated if you had a chance or oops dead.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

i did with Hyperion cost me nothing spam sp3 easy
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    You guys must never done UC because that was much harder than master.
    Master easy
    UC challenging
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I haven't noticed any difference in the master vs. the uncollected other than the master being a shorter/easier fight. Did uncollected first and 2 runs through master. The skateboarder was harder.
    I haven't noticed any difference in the master vs. the uncollected other than the master being a shorter/easier fight. Did uncollected first and 2 runs through master. The skateboarder was harder.

All this time we've had lag issues and you never do. I'd like to know what you're running. I'll sell a kidney for it. XD
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    What was hard about Night Thrasher?

All this time we've had lag issues and you never do. I'd like to know what you're running. I'll sell a kidney for it. XD

@GroundedWisdom literally the only lag I've ever had in the game is if I get a phone call and the game pauses, sometimes it will lag upon returning (although I haven't had this lately) and after a DP or VP L2 there will sometimes be a brief lag. I've been playing for almost 3 years and lag has never been an issue. Currently running iphone 7+ but had no issues with a 6s previously. One of our best players is from Australia and he gets bad lag playing at some times during the day and not at other times so maybe it's more than just the device but I really don't know.
  • SwansongSwansong Posts: 40
    I’m in Western Australia and the only time I don’t experience lag issues reliably seems to be between 2 and 6 am so much so that I changed my IGN to. FarKenLag :-)

@GroundedWisdom literally the only lag I've ever had in the game is if I get a phone call and the game pauses, sometimes it will lag upon returning (although I haven't had this lately) and after a DP or VP L2 there will sometimes be a brief lag. I've been playing for almost 3 years and lag has never been an issue. Currently running iphone 7+ but had no issues with a 6s previously. One of our best players is from Australia and he gets bad lag playing at some times during the day and not at other times so maybe it's more than just the device but I really don't know.

There seems to be less issues with Apple, although a number have them as well. I don't buy Apple, so I suppose I'll have to deal with it. My phone has less lag, but the last month it's started as well. LG G6.
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    I also experienced quite heavy lag fighting Darkhawk on Master. Very very unusual and frustrating!
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    I've been playing for 6 months now, not uncollected yet, so I cant compare UC to master, but been doing master for the last 3 months now and I've been getting it done, yes a revive here and there and so units dropped, but after trying this months master 4 times and not even being able to get him below 75% on any of my runs, ive decided not to give it a go.

Master should be hard and test your skills, but it should be part of the learning and not the end game experience
    dkatryl wrote: »
    But the first few seconds dictated if you had a chance or oops dead.

Exactly! That’s make master darkhawk tougher than UC one becoz of such unexpected A.I.
  • PrasannaPrasanna Posts: 53
    This months master is truly frustrating. This is supposed to be my first 100% master. I could hav last month. But due to personal reasons,I did not. I took one shot on master night thrasher,but dark hawk is very tough with those nodes. Master content is for middle level players,but has the difficulty of uc . If u don't want to make us do it,u can do that for if,not masters. I started with master dark hawk with almost 95% health with 3 champs, and 80 % with 2 champs. But I was not even able to take him down to 70% even after using l2 team revive
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Hard to say. I did initial completion on UnC last week without knowing anything and used few revives lol. Then i did an initial completion on Master so.... that power rangers guy is not that hard. Not sure about the lagging issue but ill let you know when “Completion” event start.
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    What was hard about Night Thrasher?

I didn't need any items against him or anyone else, but his unstoppable and specials I found harder than darkhawk. The darkhawk fight is very straightforward after he switches modes. Overall I found this EQ to be really easy, just thought night thrasher was harder on uncollected.

Go @DorkLessons
    See, it's manageable without the lag.
    Good Fight.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★

That's 5 star maxed spark bro. Not everyone has him. Lol. Having said that, dark hawk can be beaten by any champ if you are really good at baiting at the beginning plus have patience to hit only 2 or 3 when in stealth mode.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

That's 5 star maxed spark bro. Not everyone has him. Lol. Having said that, dark hawk can be beaten by any champ if you are really good at baiting at the beginning plus have patience to hit only 2 or 3 when in stealth mode.

I'm not saying it is easy, just a sharing of how those youtubers KO darkhawk. You may refer to my original post on top that UC boss is not unbeatable with patience yet Master boss is "buffed" by lags, slow AI response as well as your champ can't move due to system hang, which makes my life difficult in 100% Master and thus seeking bro's advices.
  • edited December 2018
    Hey guys, if you're experiencing lag or other performance issues and haven't already done so, please take a moment to give us your feedback by submitting a report in one of the dedicated discussions below.

- iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread
    - Android Lag and Performance Issues Thread

Please submit your report by providing the details outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Feedback we receive in those discussions can provide invaluable information that allows our Development Team to target specific areas needing improvement, and ultimately to help resolve issues like lag, instability and crashing.

Additionally, there's already an active discussion HERE where other have reported performance issues when fighting against Darkhawk. To help keep the Forums tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Beat and completed DH in UC. Went to Master thinking I'd have a better time since the worst was over... boy was I wrong!
This discussion has been closed.