**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If we get RDTs this month.. if. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    If we do get RDTs all I want is to hear from players who've been telling Kabam how to do their job by saying we aren't getting them. One of Kabam Miike's recent comments neither confirms nor denies RDTs will be given out again:
    Hey All,

Hey all,

I am not going to disclose what we have planned/if we have anything planned as a gift later this year. I know everybody is curious, but I also know that everybody has different opinions on what they would like to receive, or what they think others would like.

We're going to close this thread down, because it has gone very negative, very quickly.

When I read this comment it made me think. Usually if they’re not doing something they say they have no plans to do so and so at this time. This post doesn’t follow that and doesn’t reject RDTs being handed out. Does it mean something? 🤔

They are playing head games with you! Tread carefully...

Thankfully I have no stake in the RDT fight so I won’t be affected.

The only reason I could use them is to reinvest catalysts from my 4* champions into my 5* champions... I have a r4 Domino, but 0 t4 mutant catalysts and haven't been able to pull one for a while now... I'm sure the 3 that I get this month will not be mutant.

This is why we SHOULDN'T get them. No massive changes were made to characters. Players are just bummed that they ranked a champ and now have better ones to rank so they want the catalysts back. That's lazy. Earn the catalysts again and you have more champs that are at a higher rank.

As we've seen, sometimes old champs become useful again; it's not all about God-tier champs. Magneto and Juggernaut/UC were helpful against Emma Frost. OG DD is really useful against Darkhawk.

You’re kidding right? People didn’t actually use those champs to fight Emma. She didn’t need a specific counter, just practice and reconditioning your evade a little. Same with Darkhawk, no specific counter is needed for him.

Yeah, they did in some instances. Certainly not everyone did it. I took my OG DD into Darkhawk and it made the fight 100x easier.

You are missing the bigger point, though. RDT should only be given out when major changes are made like they did to champs in 12.0; to beg for them with every little change is nonsense. Yes, we got them last year as a gift. If they do it again, great. But people constantly begging for them and creating new threads every day is not going to suddenly make Kabam say "Yes. Now there are 4638 threads asking for RDT. We hit our goal. Now we'll give them to players".

I honestly hope we don't get them, though. You want the resources to rank up your new 5* Corvus or Blade or Sparky or whoever? Go out and grind and earn them or buy them (if so inclined) like you do for every champ you have. But way too many people want them because they ranked an older champ and got someone better they want to rank. That's lazy.

I don’t care one way or the other. Personally I’m sick of logging into the forums everyday and seeing RDT posts too. But if they give out one or a few a year around Christmas, it’s not the worst thing to happen. If people expected it every Christmas and it only happened then or during a major shift like 12.0 maybe people would shut up about it. Probably not, but one can hope.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    At this stage I'm having too much fun arguing with the shrill anti-RDT mob to actually care if we get them or not.
    But of course I will use them and be grateful for the opportunity, IF they come.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    When I read this comment it made me think. Usually if they’re not doing something they say they have no plans to do so and so at this time. This post doesn’t follow that and doesn’t reject RDTs being handed out. Does it mean something? 🤔

No clue. I try not to add meaning to comments that isn't clearly there, though that comment is at odds with players claiming that Kabam has said over and over that RDTs won't be given out again.

As far as I'm aware, the devs have never stated that. As a general rule of thumb, whenever someone says that the devs have said something absolutely will or absolutely will not happen, they are either mistaken or making it up. The devs don't make future guarantees like that.

As far as I'm aware, the devs have never stated under what specific circumstances they absolutely will or absolutely will not give out RDTs. What I can say with reasonable certainty is that RDTs are considered a very special case reward, and they are unlikely to be given out except under special circumstances. And even when such special circumstances appear to arise, they aren't guaranteed. Every case where RDTs were given out were a special case one-off situation. 12.0 was a special case situation. The Christmas gifts were a special case situation. The limited rank downs were a special case situation. None of them can be extrapolated to say when they will or will not be given out again.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    If we do get RDTs all I want is to hear from players who've been telling Kabam how to do their job by saying we aren't getting them. One of Kabam Miike's recent comments neither confirms nor denies RDTs will be given out again:
    Hey All,

Hey all,

I am not going to disclose what we have planned/if we have anything planned as a gift later this year. I know everybody is curious, but I also know that everybody has different opinions on what they would like to receive, or what they think others would like.

We're going to close this thread down, because it has gone very negative, very quickly.

The only reason I could use them is to reinvest catalysts from my 4* champions into my 5* champions... I have a r4 Domino, but 0 t4 mutant catalysts and haven't been able to pull one for a while now... I'm sure the 3 that I get this month will not be mutant.

This is why we SHOULDN'T get them. No massive changes were made to characters. Players are just bummed that they ranked a champ and now have better ones to rank so they want the catalysts back. That's lazy. Earn the catalysts again and you have more champs that are at a higher rank.

As we've seen, sometimes old champs become useful again; it's not all about God-tier champs. Magneto and Juggernaut/UC were helpful against Emma Frost. OG DD is really useful against Darkhawk.

This is 100% wrong... I am in no way bummed about the champs I ranked up because I am incredibly picky about who I use my catalysts on. Let me give you an example...

I pulled a 4* AA quite a while back. I was able to awaken him and take him to r5. Later on down the line I pulled a 5* AA and was able to awaken him with a gem from LOL, and take him to r4.

So what exactly do I do with my 4* version now? He helped me through a LOT of content, but now that I have the 5* version the 4* lacks value to me. I am not bummed that I ranked my 4* up but I have no use for him now that I have the 5*. He’s not likely to be useful again because I have the same champ in 5* version. So please tell me again that I’m lazy.

Note: this is not a reason why we SHOULD get rank down tickets, but it also not a reason why we “SHOULDN’T” get them as you seem to think.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Hey All,

Hey all,

You’re kidding right? People didn’t actually use those champs to fight Emma. She didn’t need a specific counter, just practice and reconditioning your evade a little. Same with Darkhawk, no specific counter is needed for him.

Yeah, they did in some instances. Certainly not everyone did it. I took my OG DD into Darkhawk and it made the fight 100x easier.

You are missing the bigger point, though. RDT should only be given out when major changes are made like they did to champs in 12.0; to beg for them with every little change is nonsense. Yes, we got them last year as a gift. If they do it again, great. But people constantly begging for them and creating new threads every day is not going to suddenly make Kabam say "Yes. Now there are 4638 threads asking for RDT. We hit our goal. Now we'll give them to players".

I honestly hope we don't get them, though. You want the resources to rank up your new 5* Corvus or Blade or Sparky or whoever? Go out and grind and earn them or buy them (if so inclined) like you do for every champ you have. But way too many people want them because they ranked an older champ and got someone better they want to rank. That's lazy.

Agree that they should generally only be given for major changes like MD and AA nerfs lol. Agree with the absurdity of the constant RD posts. I don't even need one right now. But people like them and I think they ought to give us a couple for December.

AA and MD still didn't warrant them. MD was an enhancement to Mystic champions but not necessary. I played without MD for a couple years and did fine without it. Kabam stated that AA, and Drax, were not working as originally intended. It wasn't like how they turned Thor and SW and Strange from Gods that could clear anything easily to good-to-great champs. Massive nerfs for sure.
  • Since the contest has evolved a lot during the year with new champs coming up with different utilities many of us has made mistakes in ranking up to 4 and 5 wrong champs ... Which made us lose lot of t2a which is so hard to get for an average player .. It would be helpful if we get a 5* rank down ticket as a gift for Christmas 😊
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Oh for the love of God
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    Your like the 10 millionth person to ask for a RTD
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Nope we don't need rank down tickets. If you want to ask for anything ask for rank up tickets. People have ranked champs that have become obsolete since the game started why do we suddenly need do overs when champs have not been nerfed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Another day.....
  • I don't think they will give rank up tickets for 5* 4 to 5 will they I want to rank down a useless r4 and bring up a proper r5 since I have enough t5b and very less t2a
    The problem with rank up tickets is that they would be creating the catalysts out of thin air, whereas RDTs would simply be taking the pre-earned cats from someone's account and allowing them to be reused somewhere else.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It’s not a wrong rank just because someone better came along.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    I don't get the obsession with rank down tickets. Wouldn't you rather just get more rank up materials, rather than reusing the ones you already got? Think people forget that for a progression based game like this, that's the best way to enjoy yourself. Just my opinion of course.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I’ve never asked for them but was happy to receive them once.

I wonder why are people asking for these? I don’t have a champ I’d rank down I’m in platinum 2. If you r4ed a gimmick champ that people learned and you want that t2a back. That’s your bad lol.
    I’m so confused about the rank down ticket request.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    At this stage I'm having too much fun arguing with the shrill anti-RDT mob to actually care if we get them or not.
    But of course I will use them and be grateful for the opportunity, IF they come.

Who did you rank that you would rank down?
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    You can take keep those rdt, I’ll take a month.....no a week without lag or the message “problems connecting to network, please check your connection.” Instead of a rank down to our champs a rank up of their servers is more needed.
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Who did you rank that you would rank down?

Two of each would be nice - I'd rank down 4* Medusa, 4* Quake, 5* Yellowjacket R3 to R2, 5* Captain Marvel R4 to R3.
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    I NEED RANK DOWN TICKETS.

Please give us a quick.
    aktak0bpnbga.jpg
    Because I do not use them anymore
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    That's not good enough reason in kabams eyes. Of course providing you with other ways to rank up newer, better champions is not kabams way. Progression is snail paced, they haven't really made things easy or taken into account resources needed to rank 5*s and 6*s. Ranking should be fun and easy even for 5*s, otherwise game gets boring if progression is so slow
    Kabam won't change though so players will beg for rank down tickets instead of asking kabam to make ranking up easier
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    We wouldn't need to beg for rank down tickets every week if kabam made ranking up alot easier, why should taking a 5* to rank 4 or 5 be so hard and so rare? 6*s are out now so kabam needs to make ranking material for 5*s more available
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    So....IF we ever get a rank-down ticket again, you would waste them on...R2's?

Yeah, try to play the game more then 4 minutes per week and you can rank up a couple of R2 per week.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    We wouldn't need to beg for rank down tickets every week if kabam made ranking up alot easier, why should taking a 5* to rank 4 or 5 be so hard and so rare? 6*s are out now so kabam needs to make ranking material for 5*s more available

You mean....just as they have?

T1A in alliance 3 day events
    MORE T1A and T4B and T4C in AQ
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Alright thats it every Fantastic Four character is dead hope you guys are happy.