**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How can some with high level/rating still ask for advice?

NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I see some posts from guys at level 60 (officer in an alliance), with a ton of 5* (half of them dupped) asking ''who to rank?''.

I'm a bit confuse. How can you be level 60 with over 30 5* and still asking that question???
5 reasons I can see...
1-You've spent 100k $$$ and still don't know how to play
2-You got your account from someone else
3-You're playing since day one and you still don't know how this game works
4-You like to show your nice roster (bragging)
5-You are very insecure.

I'm level 60, collected (will go uncollected in a few days), playing for 8 months, in an alliance, spending avg. $20/week (max on this game), have 10x 5* all undupped, and, I don't have to ask who to level/rank on this forum since the 4th month.

If you recognize (or recognise?) yourself here, please, explain your questionning to me.

*sorry for any typos or grammar errors, I'm french talking but play english.

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I've been playing almost 4 years, I have a 730k rating.
    If by some miracle I managed to pull 5* blade and 5* Aegon in one crystal opening session I might have to ask the community for advice on which would be best to rank 4/5.
    My pulls aren't great, I have a 4* blade and I've seen how good the 5* is but I have no experience with Aegon.

I don't know why anyone would ask whether to rank up cap IW or Hulk for example
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    There's no harm in getting opinions, you may learn new tips too, or reasons you had never thought of, to rank a certain champ up

If you say so.
    It's just that, when I see a post on rank/level question, I'm expecting a guy with a couple of 5*, not too experience who can't decide between Blade/AA or Corvus.
    Not a guy with 30+ 5* with a dupped maxed CAiw.

I feel like if a guy, with a $250k Ferrari, comes to me and ask me if he should put $50k gold platted mags on it...lol
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Cuz no one is Kabam Miike here!
  • MvJ96MvJ96 Posts: 50
    @Anonymous346 Ranking up any champion needs good amount of resources. So we would like to have some opinions and specially if the champ is 5* or 6*. But when they ask about a champ's usage or is that champ is good or bad after opening a 6* crystal, what is that man?
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    Yes that’s just to show that’s why I don’t answer to them because no matter what ppl will say they already decided, purely show off
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    God forbid people ask opinions.
  • I see some posts from guys at level 60 (officer in an alliance), with a ton of 5* (half of them dupped) asking ''who to rank?''.

I'm a bit confuse. How can you be level 60 with over 30 5* and still asking that question???
    5 reasons I can see...
    1-You've spent 100k $$$ and still don't know how to play
    2-You got your account from someone else
    3-You're playing since day one and you still don't know how this game works
    4-You like to show your nice roster (bragging)
    5-You are very insecure.

I'm level 60, collected (will go uncollected in a few days), playing for 8 months, in an alliance, spending avg. $20/week (max on this game), have 10x 5* all undupped, and, I don't have to ask who to level/rank on this forum since the 4th month.

If you recognize (or recognise?) yourself here, please, explain your questionning to me.

*sorry for any typos or grammar errors, I'm french talking but play english.

I have plenty of 5 stars but u can ran into specifik champs u desire for long time and suddenly 3-4 of them.. But u might not know whos is best for AW/ LOL or any harder contest cuz u dont have em in ur roaster.
    Since gold, ressource are also harder to get i wud totally understand why some players ask for some advice

if i ever get Omega, Domino, Aegon, or the higher desires champs.. i wud surely ask for opionins since my gold is v limited.(and i cant just effort to rank all to "test" who i like best.
    Ofc u can watch video of some1 playing a 5 star 5/65 Aegon fight in LOL and say jeeeeeez he own with crazy dmg output.
    but does it make him godtie in AW or shorter contest ? i dont have answer cuz i dont owe one. =)
    same with Omega Red... see him smash the *biiiib* of many champs in AW but does it make him a godtie for LOL ?

Even experts in all kind of situation can learn more... so why not in this game aswell.. :)

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    i say number 4
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

What does it matter to you who wants advice?

This is some arrogant nonsense. You actually felt compelled to post it. Scary stuff.

This was what I've said... It's just that, when I see a post on rank/level question, I'm expecting a guy with a couple of 5*, not too experience who can't decide between Blade/AA or Corvus.

So, if anything in what I have said irritate you, I'm sorry @KinkyWizard1
    I was just asking.
    It's ok to ask about ranking/leveling, even if you're level 60, 450k rating and an officer in an alliance where there is legend players. ;)
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99

This is some arrogant nonsense. You actually felt compelled to post it. Scary stuff.

This was what I've said... It's just that, when I see a post on rank/level question, I'm expecting a guy with a couple of 5*, not too experience who can't decide between Blade/AA or Corvus.

I was just asking.
    It's ok to ask about ranking/leveling, even if you're level 60, 450k rating and an officer in an alliance where there is legend players. ;)

Sometimes ranking up gets tricky when you have say 5* duped SL, SS, Blade, Hyp, Medusa, Domino, Corvus, KM, OM Red and so on sitting on R4 and you have to R5 someone. Now you might already have R5 or two but still t5b is scarce and it's better to get some opinions and then rank up a champ than to spam the forum with requests for RDTs.

I still hope they'll give out RDTs this month tho. :wink:
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Some people can see benefits of other things so it is always good to get opinions because no matter how good you are in the game there is someone with better knowledge. I have been playing since the day the game came out and if there is some sort of huge obstacle I will either go to youtube or check here if someone figured out the best way. For rank ups however I just choose who seems more fun to me. I can also understand if others ask as well because they may not want to blindly invest resources and instantly regret it.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited December 2018

I was just asking.

So, you’re giving everyone permission to ask about that at least? Well, that’s kind of you.

You honestly don’t know why people ask for advice? Even elite players? What you expect is irrelevant. They ask because they are always seeking to improve. They ask because they want to be ahead of the game. They ask because they seek knowledge. The best become and stay the best by being knowledgeable.

This post is simply another posture. One in a long line of people who’d rather pretend they know. Those who’d rather talk trash then actually do something.

It’s quite clear you weren’t “just asking”. Everyone can read your post.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I often value advice for example do I spend on ranking an unduped medusa as a 5* to rank3 as she is good on defence and an mpv for this months event or rank my 4* ghost rider to r5 easy decision right? well my top champ is a 5* blade so maybe not an easy decision second opinion is always valued fyi I know there different classes its more about gold basics and tier 1 alphas
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    this seems more like a brag post to me TBH.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Waynedavy wrote: »
    this seems more like a brag post to me TBH.

This. The line about only 8 months and still collected got me. Doesn't have the title yet but needs to brag.

Get back to us when you're uncollected then, mmmkay?

For the OP, I read everything I can when considering leveling up. I'm Uncollected on 2 accounts, 100% completion on RTTL, ROL and LOL on one if them and I still take roster advice. [/brag]

Sounds as though you've mastered the game though in 8 short months. Have fun with that.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    to think that even someone with a decent number of 5* champs and is uncollected knows everything about every champ in the game is hilarious. And for the OP to say that he doesnt need to ask for advice after 4 months shows why they are not uncollected yet. Maybe if you had of asked for advice after the 4 month mark you would have gotten uncollected back then.

There is nothing wrong with asking advice, this game is pretty complex.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Why I come to the forums and ask seemingly stupid questions: Playing this game has bridged over me NOT being a Dad and me being a Dad.

When I was not a Dad: I would come onto the forums and give advice because I had a lot of free time to learn the champs and their abilities.

Being a Dad: I barely have time to grind arena much less study the intricacies of the game.

Isn't that why we all want a Domino, Void or any other god tier champ? If all we wanted was a champ to clear content, wouldn't we just all practice Quake'ing enemies to death and we'd never need another champ?

The only variable you're not considering in your musings is time. Some people have it, some people don't. Those that don't ask for advice.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    T2a and t5b don't grow on trees. I usually ask my alliance for advice before I do a rankup and sometimes on forums as well. I have a maxed 5* Domino and a Medusa. Domino felt like a no-brainier but I went back and forth on Medusa for a while.

She would be my last r5 for a good long while and I wasn't sure if I should hold out for Sparky, Blade, Corvus etc. I like to get some different perspectives before I make a lasting decision. I'm in a similar position for my next r5. I have an unduped Corvus and a duped Magik. Not sure whether to go for it or hold.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    ""The more you know about a subject, the more you realize you don't know." - Michael Scott" - Primmer79
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Each as their own reasons, my is that I rank whoever I want. Other is doing it out of habit for the sake of prestige, other simply can’t think and therefore ask for advice or looking for answer at YouTube.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    When they have such good rosters, they have trouble deciding which god tier to take up first
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Like others have said...the day you stop asking questions and assume you “have it all figured out” is the day you become obsolete. That’s a tried and true narrative.

Even the best of the best still reach out and ask questions. Iron sharpens iron bro. How else would we learn?

There are countless people playing this game from each end of the globe. Surely someone somewhere has encountered the situation where you’re sitting on a decision to rank up two seemingly good champs, but you don’t have the resources to rank both.

I get that these forums can get a little wild with conspiracy theories and angry mobs vs cash whales and people who pay their way to top champs. But yo...everything isn’t cloaked in evil intentions. Of course there are people throwing up sneaky brag posts. Of course there are people showing off. But...there are also generally people just trying to make the most of this game and asking the community for help.

They have a saying, when you bite off more than you can chew....”YOU GOT TOO MUCH DIP ON YOUR CHIP.”

Never assume you don’t have to ask questions. Never put too much dip on your chip.

Hey, while I’m here...I’m one T4bc away from rank 4 either an unawakened (but clutch) 5* Blade or an awakened 5* Corvus. Thoughts? Anybody?