**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk interaction with Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    They must have the game logs for people fighting this guy and realise something is wrong when so many people are dying right at the start. If this happens in war then I think that will be the end of a lot of people playing war as what would the point. And hopefully, like they have done with Korg, don't put him in the monthly event quests although this would be for a different reason. When I see people people with Iphones having this problem you know something is very wrong.
  • Anakin83Anakin83 Posts: 30
    It seems initial lagging is a little bit better.
    But the problem is the design of the character itself.

His aura and his shield, make the fight still lagging when you are next to Darkhawk (ie, hitting his block to gain some space)
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    The pause/unpause trick seemed to work for me, but to be fair I didn't try fighting him without it.

Once past the initial SP2 (which was more reliably baited), it was a relatively easy fight. One shot him several times and 100% explored today.

Samsung S9+ with latest software
    Uncollected difficulty.
    Champs used: primarily 6* Angela, but also used 4/55 Hela.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    uhmmmmm I was just getting ready to jump back into EQ after the update then I find this.... I will burn the energy and see for myself (I hope this is not correct)
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    ok then i finally tried , the only thing they half fixed was the 5 seconds at the start of the fight, because everytime he goes to shield mode massive lag need pause game mode, because we die in this fantastic mode sometimes after the first death he flat out just moves faster then we can and destroys heroes when we cant even move back. Other times hes just impossible to bait until we are against the wall and again just flat out destroys heroes again.. so my thought are they dont give graphics tweaks on this game on purpose, the hole battle just feels a money grab, its not about challange, and as a client i wont spend any more in this **** game if i dont quickly see corrention on this... happy crhismas kabam

Brand: samsung
    Model: SM-T561 (Samsung Tab E)
    Android Version: 4.4.4
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    and just to clarify, i did finish 1 line in master and killed boss, after spending 200 credits i made in versus and all pots made in the last week because 2 full team revives had many insta kills of heroes because boss attacks us before the game allow us to dodge back, need i say more?
  • BelaPichBelaPich Posts: 89
    @Kabam Zibiit Darkhawk seem still freeze and lag at the beginning of the fight! Can u fix that in anyway! Other way! M on iphone 6 though
  • Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    Heroic on iPhone 6. Crash recovery picks up the fight and keeps throwing me out before I get into the fight. So now I can’t even log on.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can those of us still affected by this major lag get in on some kind of a beta test to test the next patch? I am sure lots of us are willing to test things out.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    The new update didn't fix anything, still too much lag. Now it in other parts of the game.
  • KILLA_KAILzKILLA_KAILz Posts: 19
    The hotfix update didn't fix anything, wasted energy on a quest that's impossible to beat. I am expecting compensation full of units, revives, health potions and energy. @kabam fix this problem... preferably this year pretty please
  • KILLA_KAILzKILLA_KAILz Posts: 19
    @kabam Instead of releasing new hard content every month why not focus on fixing the issues at hand like the lag in general, it's been a known issue for over a year and now this darkhawk rubbish smh
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    When I start the fight on iPad Air 2, the app crashes. If I restart, it works. Then in about an hour, I could go fight him again and it will crash again.
  • Ok so 24 hrs ago I had just wrapped up my 5th Line in uncollected DarkHawk chapter but AQ and AW was up and had to use my champs there. Now here we are War is over phone automatically updated to the new version with the “hotfix” go in to do 100% uncollected and I can’t even get darkhawk below 100k health can’t get him to throw specials just traps me in the corner and wrecks me if I manage to get a hit in he then throws the special and destroys me... wanna explain that to me? I’ve chopped down some of the hardest content in the game but yet can’t beat this... mindblown. Guess that will happen when you make a boss invincible let’s change his name to the Almighty instead of darkhawk. So here we are units,revives,pots and boosts wasted and extremely irritated at this mess of a mobile video game. iPhone XS Max user .. gameplay was perfectly fine prior to “hotfix” now Darkhawk is unbeatable providing pictures for proof hunqdozw8es4.png
    4bm00lfoox9j.png
    JTS__WDE wrote: »
    Ok so 24 hrs ago I had just wrapped up my 5th Line in uncollected DarkHawk chapter but AQ and AW was up and had to use my champs there. Now here we are War is over phone automatically updated to the new version with the “hotfix” go in to do 100% uncollected and I can’t even get darkhawk below 100k health can’t get him to throw specials just traps me in the corner and wrecks me if I manage to get a hit in he then throws the special and destroys me... wanna explain that to me? I’ve chopped down some of the hardest content in the game but yet can’t beat this... mindblown. Guess that will happen when you make a boss invincible let’s change his name to the Almighty instead of darkhawk. So here we are units,revives,pots and boosts wasted and extremely irritated at this mess of a mobile video game. iPhone XS Max user .. gameplay was perfectly fine prior to “hotfix” now Darkhawk is unbeatable providing pictures for proof

If you mean that the game isn't recognizing input since the framerates tank and causes huge lag spikes, so you can't avoid him, then yeah, the hotfix didn't fix anything.

If you just mean the difficulty of Darkhawk, with no lag going on your device, that is a different issue.
  • anon89160anon89160 Posts: 4
    On my end, the freezing at start of fight is finally gone after hotfix.. but, now it freezes aftet he activates his shield mode and during block/parry.. as others have said, gonna skip this months event.. too many issues..

Here's my video recording of uncollected darkhawk
    https://youtu.be/c8I2Pjv_V8g
    https://youtu.be/6A-tNFLYha4

The lag still not fixed.
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 164 ★★
    Lag during darkhawk fight is still there. When he sparkles, when he does specials, when he rushes in..... Lag.

Tried in master mode, in case the hotifx was actually for real.. Sadly not yet :(

Samsung tab s 10.5
    android
    Decent connection.
    no lag at any other point in map vs heroes up to that point.
    Any chance you can just replace the darkhawk sprite with falcon? He's got same sp2 move right? And I know falcon won't lag!
    @Kabam Miike do you need more info to get them to keep working on getting this fixed before Xmas?
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    The silence from Kabam around this is very loud....
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    Just so you know, people have reached a point where they (me included) won't try anymore until we are sure it's fixed. This means no potions, revives or energy refills used on this quest.
    edited December 2018
    @Kabam Miike at what point? Will Kabam admit this is a problem with the game and say it's not fair to alot of players. For all the talk about an even playing field, this is not even. Alot of us will miss out on rewards we would have earned if the game was working properly. This will be the first time I haven't completed master in a year and a half. No matter how many revives I waste it doesn't help with the lag.
    Exactly. I tried once just to test out the hotfix. Realised it was a not fix and immediately quit event without spending any potions or revives. No point even bothering. I'll try again when they release another hotfix. Also, don't know if this related. But just went on to do AQ and had a go at miniboss. He was lagging.. And was recovering from special in like milliseconds so was countering me as I was running in to punish specials.. Which just never happens normally.. Has something changed with the timinings of recovery times or something weirdly linked to what you guys are doing on dark hawk? I've never been caught so many times trying to punish hulk busters sp1..... It was every time.
    I'd be interested to see actual figures on how many people that normally finish uncollected can't even do one run this time. Similarly for master. Even with those numbers, kabam should have realised there was a problem. Like of normally 25% by now have finished master, and at the moment it's 5% and not increasing. You know somethings wrong. And similarly in uncollected, if normally 5% of people have finished, and this time its like 0.5%. Same.. You know its the game, not the players. Whatever has been3 done, has resulted in the difficulty being increased to insane levels. Stuff like this can easily be caught early.. By beta testers? Does kabam actually test the content before it gets Released. I mean for difficulty. Because if they did, surely someone would have mentioned it to kabam? Noone can play this quest and think its anywhere like reasonable difficulty.
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    Hot fix worked with me.... wish it had been far sooner. Too much to wait for it
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    I try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt but this is just plain absurd. Fix Shmix. I'm not sure if anyone else is actually getting a fair fight with Darkhawk. I'm definitely not. Its not often that I flat out demand something, but I want all of these revives back.

The game is running as smooth as can be on my Note 9 right now, in fact its one of the instances where it appeared to be running at 60FPS, just like legend run er Apple phones usually run. Yep. I download the patch but this is just robbery and I was streaming it.

The beginning of the fight is the same bugged out BS fest. You don't have the opportunity to evade away or do anything for the first split second of the fight if DH decides to attack. Your character doesn't respond to the evade that I am inputting. PERIOD. It happened numerous times ON MASTER!!! Only cosmic champion or auto evade champs have the proper reactions in my case. Seriously. This is absolute broken garbage and an item/cash grab. No other fights in the game inhibit your initial input like this has.

Looks Like I will just be logging in for the calendar, this is a rip off. 18 revives on master alone, so much for a legends run, this champion has built in lag switching.
    @Kabam Miike here is where the lag starts.

2hfybor7tsom.png
    Furiously trying to doge backwards, fps drops WAY down, input lag is crazy trying to get her to respond...
    725bz1hqgnlj.png
    and, of course, if we can't move the way we want because of the immense lag...this happens.
    n401hg6mzqdj.png
    Once that is over, game is back to full speed as SOON as he stops glowing.

So, it definitely has to do with his mode changes, whenever that purplish glow or bubble shield go up.

Don't understand how you guys tested the hotfix, again, we are willing to test for you guys to get a working patch out ASAP to everyone that has this game breaking bug that won't allow us to finish this event!

• Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Going to add my voice to this post. Device info:

iPhone XR
    iOS 12.1
    WiFi

I’m running Master quest (don’t quite have the right champs or skill for UC) Prior to the hotfix, I burned through all 5 champs plus 2 revives with pots and barely made a dent in him because of the lag. He was still at 98% when I gave up the lost cause.

I’m not the most skilled ever, but after the hotfix, the first attempt, I got through him. Took all 5 champs but I did it. Lag at the start of the fight was gone, but still choppy throughout the fight.

My 2nd pass of the quest didn’t go as well. Started off pretty well, got him down quite a bit with Starky and used DD next. He was at about 35% when everything went south. Lost my next 3 champs when things started lagging. Revived like 6 or 7 times. 4 fights in a row, during his unblockable phase, I’d dash back 1 time and when I tried to dash back again, my champs just stood there getting smacked in the face. This was when he was at 1% health left.

So I agree with everyone else who says it’s not quite fixed. Now it seems to be a laggy version of RNG. How much lag will there be? Let’s roll the dice and find out.
This discussion has been closed.