**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Darkhawk refund

Comments

• Options
    Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Completely agree I used a lot of potions,revives and boosts on him
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I guess nobody tried pausing the game before the fight starts to get all the laggy nodes loaded in...worked for me.
  • Options
    HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    Wait there is a patch coming to nerf darkhawk?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    Why would you keep playing knowing it wasn't working. This is overheating all over again. Your fault if you kept trying knowing there's an issue.
  • Options
    TopCat87TopCat87 Posts: 61
    I don't understand all of the constant claims of refunds for this and that, its never ending!!! Sometimes I feel that players need to take a bit of ownership on their decisions.
    I played both Master and Uncollected Darkhawk and it was obvious there was a lag issue. so rather than spend units / potions / revives on it, I completed other content, knowing that this would eventually be fixed by Kabam.
  • Options
    Goldcup7Goldcup7 Posts: 42
    There is a hotfix update to fix Darkhawk's lag. Still lagging for me though. Pausing the game doesn't seem to work. I did get lucky with Uncollected by restarting the game and clearing the memory on my Galaxy Tab before starting the Darkhawk fight. That was better, but still laggy with his blocks, shields and stealth. Got worse during the fight. Had to repeat the memory clear and restart the game to finally get him beat.

I get similar lag with Dormammu and Iceman. If they were to start a fight with unblockable, huge damage and an Sp2 ready I wouldn't have much of a chance. The game is slow to respond then and swiping back doesn't always register.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    VulcanM wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's really pissing me off that uncollected darkhawk is easier than master since he doesnt wanna use his special

both were incredibly easy imo

Depends on what device you were on, if you had the lag issue there was really nothing you could do.

i was on an iphone 6. if your playing on an iphone 5- or the equivalent on android then get a new phone.

Or they could optimize the game better...
  • Options
    johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    Bman wrote: »
    Congrats to all of u awesome amazing players who beat a champ, then say how easy it was, never knowing what other players have to deal with. Whether it’s their OS, time of day they play for server slow down, or any other things u might not have had to deal with. Great job!! Belittle ppl dealing with issues that u may or may not have. U could’ve had issues, and theirs were 10x worse, this is Kabam, you DO NOT KNOW!! Stop!!! I’ve compmeted all Master quests except for 2 this year ( vacation) I’m getting A kicked on DH. Won’t use his special, and game is so JACKED, I get hit even when evading. Know other ppl’s struggles before u throw stone/talk about how amazing u r!!!

Then quit or wait until master next month. You getting your "a" kicked had no bearing on me beating UC before fix with no revives. I didn't get on here and brag, because ultimately you're mostly right that arrogance is annoying, but so is whining. Two wrongs don't make a right type deal.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Why would you keep playing knowing it wasn't working. This is overheating all over again. Your fault if you kept trying knowing there's an issue.

A lot of people didn't realize it was a Darkhawk specific issue at the start of the month. If you said stop playing this game every time you encounter lag, there wouldn't be much of a player base left.

They should be consistent with their decision making processes. If they give compensation for Aegon, why wouldn't they for Darkhawk?

• Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★
    Scarlett_ wrote: »
    I beat him before the update so . Nahh

So?
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★
    Tawfikk wrote: »
    I spent alot of units that i would like to take it back from them for questing lol

Why did you keep doing it knowing it was bugged? If you hit your finger with a hammer and you know it hurts, do you keep doing it or stop till you find a better way to get the job done?

Maybe because some didn't know it was bugged to begin with oh genius the all mighty smart 1....
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I spent alot of units that i would like to take it back from them for questing lol

Why did you keep doing it knowing it was bugged? If you hit your finger with a hammer and you know it hurts, do you keep doing it or stop till you find a better way to get the job done?

It didn't happen every time but it happened a lot and people wanted to finish UC because it is one of the few parts of this game where rewards scale fairly. So yeah they should be giving some L2 revives out
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    It's really pissing me off that uncollected darkhawk is easier than master since he doesnt wanna use his special

Depends on what device you were on, if you had the lag issue there was really nothing you could do.

i was on an iphone 6. if your playing on an iphone 5- or the equivalent on android then get a new phone.

I didn't have the issue but some did, they have phones that meet minimum requirements therefore the app should work. They sent out a hot fix because something was coded wrong. If you have a 6 you should probably upgrade.
  • Options
    CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    johara84 wrote: »
    Bman wrote: »
    Congrats to all of u awesome amazing players who beat a champ, then say how easy it was, never knowing what other players have to deal with. Whether it’s their OS, time of day they play for server slow down, or any other things u might not have had to deal with. Great job!! Belittle ppl dealing with issues that u may or may not have. U could’ve had issues, and theirs were 10x worse, this is Kabam, you DO NOT KNOW!! Stop!!! I’ve compmeted all Master quests except for 2 this year ( vacation) I’m getting A kicked on DH. Won’t use his special, and game is so JACKED, I get hit even when evading. Know other ppl’s struggles before u throw stone/talk about how amazing u r!!!

Then quit or wait until master next month. You getting your "a" kicked had no bearing on me beating UC before fix with no revives. I didn't get on here and brag, because ultimately you're mostly right that arrogance is annoying, but so is whining. Two wrongs don't make a right type deal.

Whining and pointing out an obvious flaw in the game are two totally different things. I beat him on uncollected and had to revive a FEW times. After the so called patch, playing on a Note 9 512/8gb of ram - The moment the fight starts if DH decides to attack, you can't parry like most fights, you have to evade. Well for most champions the game drops frames, lags and inhibits you from inputting the dash back. Your hero just stands there and gets wrecked.

My attempted legends run was a joke because Blade is one of the champions affected. Rarely happened to my Medusa. So for everyone who beat DarkHawk, myself included - the fight is still cheating us. Period.
  • Options
    TopCat87 wrote: »
    I don't understand all of the constant claims of refunds for this and that, its never ending!!! Sometimes I feel that players need to take a bit of ownership on their decisions.
    I played both Master and Uncollected Darkhawk and it was obvious there was a lag issue. so rather than spend units / potions / revives on it, I completed other content, knowing that this would eventually be fixed by Kabam.

So did I. Downloaded the fix and assumed we weren't being lied to. I'm beginning to wonder who actually tests these so called "fixes" and if they even use different devices. Not just an Iphone X MAX on google fiber.
  • Options
    This is the 2nd month when we needed a so called hot fix for event quest. How about kabam stops messing around. Unfortunate for kabam some players have nothing to lose. They can cater to the 1% but those 1% aren't the ones they should worry about. Some idiot spends 7k on crystals, wow. should they really worry about what he is going to do? How about the guy that plays the game for therapeutic purposes? And when there is the BS with unstoppable or other stuff or maybe the new maze quest? I have over 750k roster. I have the champs I have the skill. I see the BS. I see the GREED. I see Mike I see everyone. Tone it down. Send out peoples revives and units spent. You can say not everyone should be able to complete content. I say not everyone should be able to walk, have children, talk, have hands. You say the game should not be fun? I say people should should put their wallets back in their pocket. Ball is in your court, choice is yours
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

Lag issue was Kabams fault. On fight when i had no lag i oneshotted DH easily. But with lag, I just instantly died.

Hardly an issue with just the phone itself

im saying it wasnt the phone dude... i said if i can play on an iphone 6 with no lag, and you think its the phones fault, then get a new phone. if its the phones fault, then you must have a lower model than an already slightly outdated phone and its your own fault with that logic
  • Options
    MalakHanMalakHan Posts: 3
    I wonder if Kabam can look at the stats and see if there really is a curve to this. If there is something noticeable from the % that complete over wither historical or if there is a target that 'should' be completing- maybe something is wrong (looking at all the difficulties for the whole player base).
    I find it annoying to be close to completing but not able too. Even after using items, but after a point its not worth it. Unfortunately how this is set up and with the discussion, seems that rather than players getting excited for content, they want to stay away for one reason or another.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    No, how about just no. Learn his abilities and dash back even if theres lag and what not. No refund needed...
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    This monthly event was one of the easiest ever. Not sure what the fuss was about.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    RogerRabs wrote: »

A lot of people didn't realize it was a Darkhawk specific issue at the start of the month. If you said stop playing this game every time you encounter lag, there wouldn't be much of a player base left.

They should be consistent with their decision making processes. If they give compensation for Aegon, why wouldn't they for Darkhawk?

That might actually work...if the entire player base stops playing at every bug, it might lead KABAM to invest more resources into bugfixing.

Not saying that KABAM employees aren't doing their best or that beneficial bugs get less priority (I mean, AA and Drax fixes took veeheeeheeery long). I just think that the bugfix department could use an extra pair of hands. And maybe, just maybe, if everyone stops playing at bugs, they will increase their server capacity?
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    most likely no REFUND
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

What exactly is this job you're talking about?
  • Options
    Speedbump wrote: »
    No, how about just no. Learn his abilities and dash back even if theres lag and what not. No refund needed...

When the lag happens at the open of a fight, your inputs are unresponsive due to the lag and he is unblockable. Please elaborate on the brilliant explanation. I've been playing just shy of 2 years and have well over 90k fights but please go on.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I want the same refund as i play on the same phone with same operating system as people claiming it was bugged. even though i didn't use any revives on Darkhawk on any of my 7 Master or my 7 UC runs.
    But since I had to do it with the same equipment, i deserve an equal refund. right?

Sounnds like a subdued brag post here look at me I did it no problems lol
This discussion has been closed.