**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dark Hawk is pushing me to end MCOC

I’ve played for many years and not exactly the worst player in the world with a decent 5 star roster and got destroyed in Master before the patch and now since the patch i’ve done even worse with him. He’s harder in Master than UC. Getting destroyed isn’t fun, maybe i’m not cut out for this game anymore...

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It happens. Best wishes on your journey towards the future!
  • Shiva_1Shiva_1 Posts: 19
    I really like this style of game and challenging is one thing but it goes from challenging to insane like nothing.
  • This is a game. Developer's aim is to get you to spend $. They gotta put food on the table too. Many forget that "Free to play" game is for you to "try". At the end of the day, it's just a gamble between you and the RNG. No prizes for guessing who's the ultimate winner.

Just enjoy what you can from the game. If you can't get it done then move on. Don't be too hard on yourself and please ignore the trolls. lol
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Do you have Hyperion? As long as you can evade that opening s2 it's just parry, heavy, repeat and wait until your s3's. Easiest counter I've found. Sometimes you're just going to get wrecked and you have to be ok with that, but overall he's nowhere near as bad as ice Phoenix or a plethora of others have been.
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    This is what I did. After he uses sp2 you can use a heavy attack to get him into shield mode. His invisibility is affected by heavy attacks so just parry and heavy. It won't miss. After he is in shield mode you can wait him out. I believe the timer is shorter for shield mode than it is for stealth mode. You have to know how to manipulate his modes for your advantages.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I did master on both my alts yesterday with rank 1 5* and the fight is some real BS. It's just way too RNG dependent when he can back you into the corner by not throwing the L2 and then if he does the invisibility with parry is can kill you. And because every time he switches modes he heals you, if you get a few BS runs in row he heal to basically full. I really do not like the design of this fight.
  • Shiva_1Shiva_1 Posts: 19
    That to me was the issue, with how the character is designed is hard enough but when you throw some of these buffs on it...well we know what can happen. I've tried the run twice now and I doubt I will do a 3rd. I don't mind losing a fair fight but this isn't close to fair unless you have the right champ you can't even get close for the normal player. I do like the poker comment, you win some and you lose some. The thing is if you keep losing you just go play another game.
  • Iron_web93Iron_web93 Posts: 53
    Shiva_1 wrote: »
    That to me was the issue, with how the character is designed is hard enough but when you throw some of these buffs on it...well we know what can happen. I've tried the run twice now and I doubt I will do a 3rd. I don't mind losing a fair fight but this isn't close to fair unless you have the right champ you can't even get close for the normal player. I do like the poker comment, you win some and you lose some. The thing is if you keep losing you just go play another game.

You need to have the right tool for the job, and this game is meant for roster building. We shouldn't be able to clear all content with the same 5 or 10 champions. Build a diverse roster to meet diverse challenges, and you can take DH and whatever is thrown at us next.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If your stuck on the EQ, do the other quests. Focus on something else. No ones forcing you to do the very difficult event quest. Some will be very hard, others will be too easy. Patience Padawan
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Nah bro, really start the fight with unblock able, 2 bar of power and don't give off special. Being pushed to corner and dying off the bat without a hit in. NO! They went too far. Nothing skill related when dealing with the AI. The champ is HOOD on steroids. Parry and 3 hit combo and whatever dude. Nah, that is garbage. The fight, the quest, this month gifting event, wake up!!! we need money. Finish the quarter strong. Wallet stays in my pocket for 2 months every time kabam does something I don't approve of. I don't approve this months event. nor last months event

Exactly. I don't think Kabam understands the concept that happy people spend money and angry, frustrated people don't.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I'm on my last path to exploring master with the fight with dark hawk as my only remaining fight. I've had to use at least two level 2 revives on my Hyperion each time which is a pain because that's a lot of wasted units, but oh well. I'll just be glad when it's over and I'll be able to save some units.
  • hossdoghossdog Posts: 2
    That Darknawk is or isn’t hard to fight is not the issue. He’s a bore. Waiting and baiting and then waiting some more is boing. Boring isn’t fun.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    It's not that the content is too hard, for alot of us we dont get the same playing field as others. Darkhawk lags the game so bad you cant dash back on the first l2.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I’ve played for many years and not exactly the worst player in the world with a decent 5 star roster and got destroyed in Master before the patch and now since the patch i’ve done even worse with him. He’s harder in Master than UC. Getting destroyed isn’t fun, maybe i’m not cut out for this game anymore...

How in the world is he harder in Master than UC? Please explain.
  • Spurgeo14 wrote: »

How in the world is he harder in Master than UC? Please explain.

In my opinion he isn't harder, but he is different. He is slightly less aggressive. That makes him a little harder to bait specials out of, which I think is messing up some players. But that lack of aggressiveness also makes him easier to kill with many strategies once you get past the first special two. So some people see him as easier, and some harder.

In my experience Master Darkhawk was so less aggressive that sometimes he just stood there while Void degened him to death.
  • Cartoon217Cartoon217 Posts: 23
    I'm in the exact situation as you. Unblockable at the start and the extremely power stingy AI annoying enough, add to that the "missed" mechanic...... no thanks
  • He’s so easy. Just parry and heavy attack, preferably with a high damage champion like Hyperion or sparky.
  • MastiffmanMastiffman Posts: 67
    I thought they fixed this ****? I just attempted master and couldn’t get a dash back let alone a hit in on any of the fights. This is complete bs
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Me too. I wont quit out because of all the revives ive put in and all I've spent. But he is still doing the same thing prior to the "fix". Imagine if he was giving full rewrds every time you beat him? This happened before and the fix was immediate and worked 100%. But there ia a difference in scenarios.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    What part are you all missing, lag is the reason most people are having a tough time with him. Kabam even has a support page about it, alot of people are having the same problems. The worst thing about this player base is when bugs only effect a quarter of player. The other 75 percent tell the 25 percent how easy it was for them. Lag is the reason there are so many people are having problems with Dawkhawk.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Yea this fight is overboard,they should not have added the null mode in there makes the fight that much difficult,then it is miss miss and you are in the middle of a combo bam one shot and you are dead.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    We have a Hulk...

ogHulk/Void/Thor ragn/Heimdall/BW

2x indestructible at low health. With ogHulk dupped, no one can withstand his rage.

Hulk smash!!!!!!!!!!
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Can I have your stuff?