**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Maze!

Comments

• Mars___ wrote: »
    Hard pass, what you got for January?
    Cause this ain't it chief.

For January it's "Enter with Cash" mate !!!!!!!!

Almost choked on my water. Lmao!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the challenge and showing me this guy can actually do something outside of arena points and cosmic combat events. Enjoyed it!

5muguk1fqk4c.gif
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Thanks for the challenge and showing me this guy can actually do something outside of arena points and cosmic combat events. Enjoyed it!

5muguk1fqk4c.gif

Very nice. I got the botyom feeder too as 6 star 🤮
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    PCdawg63 wrote: »
    I just don't understand how you failed to see the disparity between Difficulty and Reward ratio with the Maze. Champion's Contest was significantly easier even though we faced many more champs and the rewards were 5x better, the monthly rewards as well as those for Variant are better than this trash. How did you fail to look at this before putting in the game?

Any new "end game" content should include t5b, t2a, and 6* shards. It's that simple.

1) I agree with all of this except the final 2 sentences. I don't think all "end game" content is required to include T5B, T2A, and 6* shards. Kabam could've included a 5* awakening gem crystal in Maze rewards and nearly all of the complaints would lose their merit. End-game players had four to five or more 4/55 champions when Act 5.3 dropped, that's comparable to current end-game players having four to five or more 5/65 champions. Act 5.3 exploration rewards included a 5* awakening gem crystal. Exploring Act 5.3 with 5/50 champions was much easier than most of the fights I had in The Maze and Maze fights that were easier than finishing Act 5.3 with 5/50 champs were only easier because I had a top counter for those fights ranked up to 5/65. The sole exception to this is using 5/50 Void for Maze Mephisto.

2) The rewards offered in this quest would be less of an issue if this content was permanent.
  • Why is this event mainly for whales?
    edited December 2018
    Why is this event mainly for whales?

It's not, it's for players who have certain 5* champions at 4/55+ and as 6* and in rare cases maxed 4*s. Some examples include:

Heimdall - Voodoo, Magik, Killmonger, Cap IW

Killmonger - Corvus, Thor OG, King Groot, Duped Cap IW w/cosmic synergy

Archangel - Sentinel, Iceman, Emma Frost, Ultron, Bleed Immune Champs when used with skill

Emma Frost - Star Lord, Cap IW, Proxima (hated this fight the most)

Korg - Proxima, Voodoo, King Groot, any champion with strong intercepting skills

Symbiote Supreme - Magik, Killmonger, Cap IW w/tech synergy

Mephisto - Void (4* works)

IMIW - Corvus, Hyperion, maybe Cap IW

Aegon - Voodoo, Symbiote Supreme, maybe Archangel

Iceman - Corvus, Sabretooth, Mephisto

Wasp - Corvus, Heimdall, Proxima, Karnak

Thanos (Both) - Proxima, Archangel, Blade w/Danger Sense, Star Lord, Sparky, Cap IW

Guillotine - Star Lord, Sparky, Proxima, any champion with strong intercepting skills

Champion - Voodoo, Symbiote Supreme, maybe Magik
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    The level of difficulty for the rewards offered is a joke !

No 6* shards, no t5b, he’ll not even a full 5* or t2a... and then not even random 5* stones, but a rainbow of chance. I think they screwed the pooch on this one. It costs less to buy the Christmas deal with better rewards 2x over than what is offered here with time and units...

If others think diff I would love to hear
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    The Maze is way harder with less rewards.. Is this Christmas time or April Fools?
    This is like when your parents hype you up for an AMAZING Christmas present. But instead of a new Roku TV or a new iPhone or something... they give you an old bag of itchy wool socks. Just a grand disappointment. :|

Call your bet and raise you Kabam announcing Cyclops in the 6* champion pool and players later finding out it's not the effective Cyclops
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Soooo, can we raise the rewards now? This is obviously a mistake. U can just send more rewards by email. Still plenty of time to correct the mistake. Don’t be stubborn Kabam
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Just stun lock agone with rona he get so many fury so u Can kil him when rona dups
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Now this isn't some complaint from a Middle tier player, I have completed all hard content save Variant (due to my roster not being super expanded, class restrictions kill me) and LOL Exploration (did one pass, but saving units is my weakness) and let me tell you @Kabam Miike this maze is the stupidest thing that the developers have ever released when you compare it to the rewards. That Aegon is almost impossible to kill with such a high health pool in one try and if you don't one shot him you're ****. who the hell though this was a good idea?

i oneshot that aegon with dr.voodoo
    i used to revives didnt even finish the quest like 85% through my first run i realized i dint wanna use any more items the difficulty and rewards just dont match up lol
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

It's not, it's for players who have certain 5* champions at 4/55+ and as 6* and in rare cases maxed 4*s. Some examples include:

Killmonger - Corvus, Thor OG, King Groot, Duped Cap IW w/cosmic synergy

Archangel - Sentinel, Iceman, Emma Frost, Ultron, Bleed Immune Champs when used with skill

Korg - Proxima, Voodoo, King Groot, any champion with strong intercepting skills

Mephisto - Void (4* works)

Aegon - Voodoo, Symbiote Supreme, maybe Archangel

Thanos (Both) - Proxima, Archangel, Blade w/Danger Sense, Star Lord, Sparky, Cap IW

Guillotine - Star Lord, Sparky, Proxima, any champion with strong intercepting skills

Great post! How is King Groot good against Korg? Can you elaborate?

A few more suggestions:

Stark Spidey is great against Emma Frost and Iceman

Blade w Danger seems to be the best option against Guillotine

Ronan can stun lock Heimdall and Aegon
    arsjum wrote: »

Killmonger - Medusa, Corvus, Thor OG, King Groot, Duped Cap IW w/cosmic synergy

Mephisto - Void, Quake (4* works)

Aegon - Voodoo, Domino, Symbiote Supreme, maybe Archangel

A few more suggestions:

what about the adaptoid
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

A few more suggestions:

what about the adaptoid

I used Magik for him

A few more suggestions:

what about the adaptoid

I used Magik for him

i have a 4* maxed out 99 sig magik but im still not doing this waste of a quest
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

what about the adaptoid

Medusa with the armor shatter shuts down all power gain and hits uber hard in this fight
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    After having played around with the maze here are my thoughts on it.

First, as a piece of content geared towards end game players it really hits the mark well. I have done one path through so far and have been running it as far as I can go itemless on the other 3 paths. It is quite fun, albeit a bit frustrating at times when a champ like KM keeps destroying your team. The good thing is that it doesn't cost much energy and I can keep restarting the quest until I solo KM.

Second, as content that should entice players to spend items and units to complete the quest, it fails miserably. The problem is that this quest isn't likely to get anyone but the top 1% or less spending to complete it because the rewards suck for the level of difficulty. Personally I am going to keep making runs at it, but I am not spending any more items to get through a path.

So to summarize, I think the event has been both a success and a failure. Kabam really did a good job on the difficulty while still making the quest fun, but they failed to include the necessary rewards that would entice the spending that I'm sure they would like to see.
    edited December 2018

A few more suggestions:

Thanks, same to you. King Groot's regen can recover damage lost to Korg's thorns ability. KG can also do decent damage when he stacks enough fury. See Reddit post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/a7wesy/565_king_groot_vs_maze_korg_solo/

I wouldn't have thought of Blade using his mystic synergy against Guillotine. My 4/55 unduped Sparky didn't do well against Emma, his AI didn't evade her special attacks once. Sparky is probably a decent option when he's duped, the extra critical damage could go a long way against Emma's constant armor and diamond form.
    what about the adaptoid

Magik or maybe Medusa, you'd have to intercept a lot after Medusa inflicts armor shattered. I thought Voodoo would be great for Hydra Adaptoid like he was in this year's event quest. For some reason Hydra Adaptoid gained poison immunity in the time between the Red Skull event quest and The Maze.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Anyone tried Loki against The Champion? I want to know how well he works, as well as the number of hits taken
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Anyone tried Loki against The Champion? I want to know how well he works, as well as the number of hits taken

Im havet try Loki but Can say. Cap IW is Not good for him.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

A few more suggestions:

Thanks, same to you. King Groot's regen can recover damage lost to Korg's thorns ability. KG can also do decent damage when he stacks enough fury. See Reddit post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/a7wesy/565_king_groot_vs_maze_korg_solo/

I wouldn't have thought of Blade using his mystic synergy against Guillotine. My 4/55 unduped Sparky didn't do well against Emma, his AI didn't evade her special attacks once. Sparky is probably a decent option when he's duped, the extra critical damage could go a long way against Emma's constant armor and diamond form.
    what about the adaptoid

Magik or maybe Medusa, you'd have to intercept a lot after Medusa inflicts armor shattered. I thought Voodoo would be great for Hydra Adaptoid like he was in this year's event quest. For some reason Hydra Adaptoid gained poison immunity in the time between the Red Skull event quest and The Maze.

Thanks!

Here is my fight against Guillotine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBAEAL3Byo

And Aegon stun locked with Ronan (not fun, I know, but needed to see if it worked):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wwUXqKOtMg
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

A few more suggestions:

what about the adaptoid

IIRC, Emma's Specials ignore evade, so Spark will never auto-evade any of their hits.
  • The rewards aren’t worth the difficulty.

My alliance mate did and he works great against him