**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 21.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    Anaxagor
    Samsung J1 (2016)
    Android 5.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Version 21.1
    EQ
    After the word FIGHT! with Darkhawk in any difficulty the screen freezes for a long time and then all the fights go to hell.
  • I'm having a serious problem with the Marvel Champions app because it was closing in while, but now, I can not complete a match in the versus, it automatically closes, and I can not stay more than 10 minutes in the game that it closes . It's becoming unbearable to keep playing, because I just can not. I device is an Android, does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    What device *model* are you even using?
  • Moto G5S Plus, from Brazil...
  • CromCrom Posts: 27
    While playing quest line the game just stops/freezes

While moving between scenes the game restarts by itself

Samsung tablet A Model sm-t350

• SatymSatym Posts: 1
    The bugs are still there even after patch - darkhawk still laging at begining of the fight, 3/5 fight i cant evade,block nothing
    Device : Asus zenPad 10
    Android 7.0
    Game version 21.1.1
    Ingame name : Satym3
    Both cellular and wi-fi

• In-Game Name: karvary
    Device and Model: Google pixel 2
    Device Operating System: Oreo 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.0
    Game Mode: Event Quest- champions clash and master difficulty, crystal opening screen, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I've faced severe lags in fights after 21.1 update. These occur quite randomly but when they do it's impossible to even pause the game as pause button too doesn't respond. Turning the screen off doesn't pause the game and the fight continues, usually resulting in Kos. I lost such way twice in master quest and 7 times in war. Also my 7 saved 4 star shard crystals are gone. I opened them using open at once, when I returned to the game after a 5 month break, but they instead started spinning and didn't reward any heroes. That was disappointing and could they be recovered somehow?
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Oneplus 6
    All up to date. Every thing been manageable apart from dark hawk and freezes but at least the fights were my own. Since update/fix though my game has gone again. Champs sluggish and doing their own thing. Dropping blocks, dashing in. So gutted. I want to go back prefix! Did a reinstall and everything. I m sure it will settle down in a week or 3 but ...... Gutted!
  • CovaMachineCovaMachine Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: CovaMachine
    Device and Model: Sony Xperia XZ1
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.1
    Game Mode: Any fights (Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War).
    Description of the Issue: It happens since I changed my phone (December 14). Before I used the Xperia XA1 and using it again for testing worked perfectly.
    Problems:
    1. The champion is using the heavy instead of the light attack during the combo. It does not always happen, and when it happened I'm sure I did not hold the touch I just tapped. And that happens on any hit of the combo.
    2. When I use the special during the combo the opponent defends easily. But on the previous phone, the Xperia XA1, this did not happen. In any hit of the combo I could already use the special and the hit was guaranteed, but now I ca't use the special during the combo.
  • In-Game Name: Damanthu90
    Device and Model: Samsung A3 2015
    Device Operating : Android 5.0.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: Event missions
    Description of the Issue: It is impossible have a fair fight against the champions whit many effects or whit powerfull nodes. The lag is huge!!!! Champion of the Universe and Blackhawk is the most difficult, is lag everytime! And when i try made some missions on ultron variant, is lag in every Champion. This way is impossible made any missions without using itens! And Crystal needs more than 4 minutes to bring screen. This problems came in september! Is like 3 months without solutions!!!! What I do? Should i Buy another smartphone?
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Will we get a reply and estimated time of fix for redmi phones and android devices . Is it too much to ask for other than a generic reply? We are missing out on all the events and rewards and the money and time invested is in permafrost because of unresponsive controls and crashes . Please shed some light into said issue @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit
  • In-Game Name: Farseer12345678
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Any fight
    Description of the Issue:

1) The game usually lags towards the end of combos, usually on the medium. This means that my champ either doesn't finish it's combo or the defender is able to block mid combo. I then get punished because I don't finish my combo or my special doesn't connect.
    2) My champs don't respond to block or dash backs. They either block instead of dash back or don't block when I hold block, really prominent against Nighthawk in this month's event quest.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    The game is impossible to play in Redmi phones and android . Pls look into matter seriously. Just a temporary patch for a persistent problem is not enough. We wait 3 Months for a patch up job only to have same issues after next months update
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    In the past 3 weeks, micro lag is much more frequent. I.E. I dash back but there is a 1 or 2 fps pause and I get wrecked. Or I intercept, but there is a noticeable 5 ms pause and opponenet connects.

I think this gets disguised by other INTENTIONAL changes, where the AI used to swing immediately after attacker lands a 5 hit combo and now pauses 20-40ms so you miss a parry and take massive block damage from end game content. Or you then dash back and this catches you.

For lag.... RANKING CHAMPS! Every time I level up a champ, even when on a good connection and other game modes are fine, I get a spinning wheel and the "check your connection, its you not us" message. There is clearly latency in that process. Probably not widely reported due to other ussues, but has been going on for 2 to 3 months.

Game version 12.1.1
    Samsung S8
    Android 8.0.0
    Samsung Experience v 9.0.0
    50+mbs speed on wifi during issues
    NPS score of -50
    Happiness Index is Low.
  • ONEABOVEALL90ONEABOVEALL90 Posts: 25
    edited December 2018
    In-Game Name: ¤B£ACK0RD€R90¤
    Device and Model: SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH AT&T 4GLTE AND AT&T HOME INTERNET WITH UVERSE
    Game Mode: EVERYWHERE
    Description of the Issue: LAGS CONSTANTLY/ BUFFERING OR LOADING... Unistalled and reinstalled have tried various troubleshooting methods with no reprisal. I appreciate your team answering my thread but again everyone/company is quick to blame someone else you have made thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars off of me and I should not get this kinda of problem... I am in serious consideration of giving your game up and taking my time and money elsewhere... Correction I am already f2p because your game would make a rich man poor which is my decision yes but you guys certainly push more than is neccesay. Thank you...
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Oneplus 6
    Android 8.0
    Latest update
    For the past few weeks, maybe even a couple of months I've had some pretty fun game play give or take a bit of lag. I do the dark hawk fix and now I'm back to square one! Champs dashing in when I was blocking or about to evade. Like dragging a champ around through sand. If a stun I can only just make first punch of combo it's so slow. Always worse in war and AQ. Not playing like this again.
  • YoseiYosei Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: xxYoseixx
    Device and Model: Motorola Nexus 6
    Device Operating System:Android Version 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: It happens on both
    Game Version Installed: Version 21.1.
    Game Mode: Crashing happens in all modes of the game.
    Description of the Issue: First off, I enjoy this game I have been playing it for over a year. But for the last 3 months the game is so unstable I am losing interest in it. For starters, I am having the same problem in fights. In fights, once the lag begins it gets worse and worse until it crashes, in one fight. Other times, It will lock up in crash in menus. Sometimes I can even have the intro screen open sitting on my desk and over time it will just crash. I have tried everything to get the crashing to stop. I tried to shut off all the ram using options, did not help. I have tried different graphic settings. I have an idea that it has something to do with all the animated backgrounds. Many times i have seen the program lock up because the animated background has some trouble loading, in the map screen, in the intro screen, and in certain fight environments. I am wondering if there is some type of a memory leak having to do with that animated background. Similar to when the weather bug was causing the issue. I can play sometimes for 20 mins, sometimes 40 or 50 mins, but without fail the program crashes. It crashes all the way out, and when I am at the android desktop screen and look at all the open app windows the champion window is still open, but the background is white. Then I will click on that window and the app restarts. Sometimes the game will play on higher than normal speed. It appears to be random, but the only thing I can see that is consistant, is the moving backgrounds. I just want you guys to fix it, I can remember putting in a lot of time on arenas, but those days are gone.
    Anaxagor
    Samsung J1 (2016)
    Android 5.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Version 21.1.1
    Everywhere
    The afterfight download is infinite, even after 10 minutes of the game. Also, the Darkhawk still lagging switching his modes, using his buffs and specials.
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    wuzu85
    Samsung S8
    Android 8.0.0
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Version 21.1

All content
    I'm getting problems with doing random heavies.
    Darkhawk still lags, I stopped trying unitl there is a fix.
    Not worth the frustration and time.

Seasons greetings all

ps.
    Any update on a fix or something?
  • fabsgrassifabsgrassi Posts: 47
    I just can't play the game anymore. It just crashes all the time, no matter what I am playing: arenas, quests, aw, AQ. I just lost how many fights I just died by crashing. I use this zenfone 5 just to play the game. There are no other apps running while I play. Please guys, fix this asap
    Anaxagor
    Samsung J1 (2016)
    Android 5.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Version 21.1.1
    Daily quests, AW, AQ, story quests, event quests
    The afterfight loading is infinite, even after 10 minutes of the game. Also, the Darkhawk still lagging while switching between his modes, using his buffs and specials. It's awful, guys, and really unbearable now to play the game with this infinite afterfight loading, wasting hell of a lot time just waiting. Need a fix asap, come on, it's the end of the month already and precious time is running away so quickly
    Anaxagor
    Samsung J1 (2016)
    Android 5.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Version 21.1.1
    So it's officially getting worse. Today AW/AQ are impossible to play. After every fight loading takes 5 minutes minimum. I'm pissed off
  • Crazy Baby Adis,
    Sony xperia X,
    android 8.0.0
    Latest version of the gamę.

Game crashes, freezes etc. Sometimes i cant even open a crystal or change team in any mode. Story/event quests take 2 minutes to join the map, in arenas it takes huge ammount of Time to pick champs that i want cause I cant scroll the screen down.
    Dungeons are impossible to play (most often my random ally quits before I manage to get in).
    I have those problems since symbiote monthly quest already but its getting worse and worse after every patch

Its rly becoming more and more annoying to play that game with all those lags.

This discussion has been closed.